Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Alessia Cara - 'Love & Hyperbole'

Featured Replies

I guess what I'm curious about (and not a drag bc I love a fellow Canadian gal) but how is she getting budgets and greenlights for albums when none of her stuff charts? Good management I guess ? She's still with a major right ? Anyways she's so talented and I think she deserves moreย 

  • Replies 157
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Truth Teller
    Truth Teller

    The album is insanely good. Leagues above her other 3, easily her best and most cohesive and most self-realized, she really found her voice and her pen. Instantly added most tracks to my library. And

  • I don't understand the general public sometimes. She's amazing and her music is so good and yet everyone abandoned her after Here and everyone either forgot about her or include her in "one hit wonder

  • Truth Teller
    Truth Teller

    Looking at streams, Nighttime Thing is definitely standing out. It got twice as many streams as the track before and after it yesterday, so people are going back to it more / isolating it. And I hear

  • Author
33 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

I guess what I'm curious about (and not a drag bc I love a fellow Canadian gal) but how is she getting budgets and greenlights for albums when none of her stuff charts? Good management I guess ? She's still with a major right ? Anyways she's so talented and I think she deserves moreย 

No clue how she got a brand deal, but her label absolutely isn't major. They have a ton of artists who don't chart and Alessia is sadly one of their bigger artists, believe it or not... or at least she used to be up until this album. Her management is terrible.

13 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

I guess what I'm curious about (and not a drag bc I love a fellow Canadian gal) but how is she getting budgets and greenlights for albums when none of her stuff charts? Good management I guess ? She's still with a major right ? Anyways she's so talented and I think she deserves moreย 

I'm kinda wondering this tooย :dies:ย But then again, the budget for her music videos is like $2. She had to partner up with Lenovo to finance that 3 minute promo video for the albumย :dies:ย She has a very small band, no background singers, no dancers. The physicals were limited and it costs pennies to upload music on Spotify. They don't even send her songs to radio anymore (Fire is the first one in years, not even Dead Man was promoted to radio).

ย 

Also, Def Jam is not having a good time for years now. Bieber is their only big artist and he's on extended hiatus for years now. They're still very much a major label though.

ย 

She deserves sooo much more success than she's getting. She's extremely talented, the music is amazing but somehow she just can't score a hit to save her lifeย :emofish:

Ticket sales for her Chicago show are abysmal. She should be playing a much smaller venue. Wanted to buy tickets but I'm not even confident the show is going to happen at this point. Opening night in Boston is a month away and the VAST majority of tickets are still available.ย 

ย 

Smaller GA-only dates seem to be selling well though. Rooting for her always.ย 

Edited by Alfio89

1 hour ago, Alfio89 said:

Ticket sales for her Chicago show are abysmal. She should be playing a much smaller venue. Wanted to buy tickets but I'm not even confident the show is going to happen at this point. Opening night in Boston is a month away and the VAST majority of tickets are still available.ย 

ย 

Smaller GA-only dates seem to be selling well though. Rooting for her always.ย 

The cheapest ticket for her toronto show was +100$โ€ฆ i couldnt believe it

  • 4 weeks later...

US leg of the tour officially postponed. Not surprising. I'm actually relieved for her. Hopefully she reschedules with more appropriately sized venues.ย 

so sad she flopped, tbh i barely come back to the album even though i like it, but competition is insane, and her music was mid this time around.ย 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

This album rollout was so beyond awful. What was the point in delaying the album by four months? They didn't add extra tracks or do anything that would've helped its commercial prospects. They didn't even film a third music video. It's like her label/management wants her to fail and lose whatever semblance of a fanbase she has left. She's barely done any interviews.

...and the only song they sent to radio was the most boring one out of all the pre-album singles she released.

ย 

Slow Motion and Obvious were very warmly received but noย :rip:

ย 

At least she performed Stay at Coachella!ย :cm:ย ย (her mic didn't work)

This album deserves everything tbh. There were so many potential songs they could've sent to the radios but they've chosen Fire :rip:

Fire would've been a great final single, but she's never had more obvious radio single options - Obvious, Slow Motion, Drive, Get To You, Nighttime Thing or even Left Alone. I hope TikTok catches onto something because her best work can't go unnoticed like this.

It's maddening that an artist this talented is allowed to be ignored to this degree.ย 
ย 

I was randomly thinking the other day that if she had somehow managed to find a new label before this era and delivered this exact album to a team with ย some interest in 're-launching' herโ€ฆI know it would've found success.ย 
ย 

Of course, leaving Def Jam would be risky since the only reason she's managed to stay signed is due to their weak rosterโ€ฆbut I think it would be worth the risk for her.ย 

  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, aleksanderbgu said:

I want a music video for clearlyย :deadbanana:

Clearly is that gurl :gaycat2:

I LOVE clearly. Can't wait to experience it live. I'm still holding out hope that something can break through from this album and have a viral moment. She deserves it so much.ย 

  • 2 weeks later...
Quote

Nothing good lasts. Right? In this deeply moving episode, Canadian singer-songwriter Alessia Cara joins Shan Boodram to explore the connection between intimacy, loss, and the fear of death (thanatophobia). Inspired by her song "Sublime" from Love and Hyperbole, Alessia opens up about her personal journey with grief and how it shapes the way she loves and creates. Together, they dive into universal questions: How do we hold on to love while letting go of control? How does the fear of loss impact our relationships, intimacy, and even our everyday choices?

ย 

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2025 at 7:38 AM, swiftsummer13 said:

Wish we would get word on a deluxe version.

same

She's coming to Brazil in November, just bought my ticket!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I guess we're not getting a deluxe.

ย 

What a terrible album cycle/rollout this has been. It's been 4.5 months since the album dropped and outside of tour, there's been nothing to latch onto. Not to mention that there were nearly 8 months between the lead single and the album releasing. Her team and her label are awful.

Edited by swiftsummer13

Her label deserves to collapse. They have been mishandling her since The Pains of Growing and her music has only been getting better.

ย 

Her tour though? Best show I've been to in the last couple years. 10/10 experience. I've even made it onto her instagram

  • 3 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.