Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

6 hours ago, kos1692 said:

Is true that she said that she was going to post a poll to decide the 2nd single?

I think it's not true, she was just reading comments and somebody said to make a poll in twitter, because you can't make one in stationhead.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

Just realized the production of Nirvana sounds like Kylie's "Padam".

We just need an Espresso to complete the sound of the mid 2020's

4 minutes ago, Mirrorcle said:

Its been really depressing week for me. My dog died out of sudden the same day WW debut and Im still coping with that. I thought i would at least have a lil fun with my katyrat sisters in here but it was a bad idea. Even her own fanbase made fun of her.

Anyway the song kinda grew on me. We play radio in the office and when the song was played, my straight colleague asked who sang the song. They were having fun and enjoyed the song. Not sure if they genuinely like the song or just want to cheer me up because they know i love Katy and I am still grieving abiut my dog. It doesnt matter because it makes me happy and thats how it started to shift for me. 

My condolences babe :heart:stay strong love you

16 minutes ago, Mirrorcle said:

Its been really depressing week for me. My dog died out of sudden the same day WW debut and Im still coping with that. I thought i would at least have a lil fun with my katyrat sisters in here but it was a bad idea. Even her own fanbase made fun of her.

Anyway the song kinda grew on me. We play radio in the office and when the song was played, my straight colleague asked who sang the song. They were having fun and enjoyed the song. Not sure if they genuinely like the song or just want to cheer me up because they know i love Katy and I am still grieving abiut my dog. It doesnt matter because it makes me happy and thats how it started to shift for me. 

I'm so sorry to hear that, my deepest condolences!

I want her to have such a big rebound after this massive failure, but we all know it's not going to happen if she continues putting out Dr. Luke produced stuff. The vinyls and other physical variants seem to have been produced already, so changing anything about the album last-minute seems... unrealistic? 

But is it really worth it continuing the album's roll-out and it being released in the end if the numbers will be obviously terrible? 

I don't wanna say it, but atp canceling the album (or delaying to be reworked for early next year) and her acknowledging her mistake would be the wisest thing to do. No matter how much the album's production cost was, they won't be seeing any profit anyway. Not even the signed vinyls are sold out yet and she said she's signing 20K inserts.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

23 minutes ago, Mirrorcle said:

My condolences :heart:

Ugh it's hard out here, we're also coping a little with the situation tbh. I still listen to the song daily and get my life to it in the car to work lmao.

What would make me happy this era is if she does some promo. I wanna see some of her interviews and stuff. I always love to listen to her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nashe said:

I want her to have such a big rebound after this massive failure, but we all know it's not going to happen if she continues putting out Dr. Luke produced stuff. The vinyls and other physical variants seem to have been produced already, so changing anything about the album last-minute seems... unrealistic? 

But is it really worth it continuing the album's roll-out and it being released in the end if the numbers will be obviously terrible? 

I don't wanna say it, but atp canceling the album (or delaying to be reworked for early next year) and her acknowledging her mistake would be the wisest thing to do. No matter how much the album's production cost was, they won't be seeing any profit anyway. Not even the signed vinyls are sold out yet and she said she's signing 20K inserts.

Girl there's no reason to cancel the entire album because of one poorly received single. An album holds 11 songs. She can still clean this up. She should just be more strategic about it. 

• Like 9

Do we know if the signed vinyls are actually signed vinyls yet?

I really don't want a signed picture of the album cover 

6 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

I really don't want a signed picture of the album cover 

it's a signed insert/photo of the WW single cover

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XxxKatyCatxxX said:

I think it's not true, she was just reading comments and somebody said to make a poll in twitter, because you can't make one in stationhead.

It's true, she said it on station head last night. I heard her myself 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Girl there's no reason to cancel the entire album because of one poorly received single. An album holds 11 songs. She can still clean this up. She should just be more strategic about it. 

Strategic how? Her team just let her release a Dr. Luke produced lead-single and it created the biggest hate train since I don't even remember when and you'll put faith into them? 

:skull: 

If this album bombs she's never gonna release another mainstream album or put effort into an era ever again. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, WERKER said:

No matter what Katy does she will experience awful hate. It's horrible. I'll support her no matter what as I know in her heart she is pure :heart:

how is her heart pure if she works with a rapist?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

Scrapping an entire era is definitely extreme. Pushing another Dr. Luke song would be another major miscalculation though

about the lead single. some blame Dr. Luke, some think it actually sucks, and others blame it on both things.

Skip Dr.Luke and pick a song that sounds passable, it seems like a no-brainer

• Like 3

Is it true she's doing something for the Olympics? Scrape WW off the album, claim it is only a promo song for the women's teams/female athletes and once the Olympics are done in August restart the era with the new lead (Nirvana). 

Edited by Itz_Dani!
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

She has to use the story for Lifetimes as a background for the song. Maybe add a small dialogue with Daisy as an intro for the single version. A motherhood/love song to clean up her image with a positive message would be a good idea. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

My condolences babe :heart:stay strong love you

1 hour ago, psychodiva336 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, my deepest condolences!

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

My condolences :heart:

Ugh it's hard out here, we're also coping a little with the situation tbh. I still listen to the song daily and get my life to it in the car to work lmao.

What would make me happy this era is if she does some promo. I wanna see some of her interviews and stuff. I always love to listen to her.

Thank you sis :heart: even though I hate that this song will reminds me of my baby but it's nowhere as bad as small talk. 

They are not giving up on the song as yet. Looks like the radio payola is working. Its rising on Apple music too

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mirrorcle said:

Thank you sis :heart: even though I hate that this song will reminds me of my baby but it's nowhere as bad as small talk. 

They are not giving up on the song as yet. Looks like the radio payola is working. Its rising on Apple music too

We love to see it!!!!

:loki:

2 hours ago, ugo said:

how is her heart pure if she works with a rapist?

like why are people disliking this ? :rip:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

5 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

But the problem is not that it was poorly received, though it was, it was that no one cared. She spent a month promoting this song and its video to a crowd of over 300,000,000 social media followers and less than 1% of that group tuned in on the first day and even less than 1% came back the next. There's no way of fixing that kind of apathy from the public. How can you get people to tune into your second single or even your album when no one was interested in the one thing they were *supposed* to be interested in?

She's in a position now where she quite literally cannot win. Does she try to protect her legacy and scrap everything so her last public outing isn't forever tied to Dr. Luke or does she push forward, destroy her legacy while making her small fanbase happy?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, Sannie said:

But the problem is not that it was poorly received, though it was, it was that no one cared. She spent a month promoting this song and its video to a crowd of over 300,000,000 social media followers and less than 1% of that group tuned in on the first day and even less than 1% came back the next. There's no way of fixing that kind of apathy from the public. How can you get people to tune into your second single or even your album when no one was interested in the one thing they were *supposed* to be interested in?

She's in a position now where she quite literally cannot win. Does she try to protect her legacy and scrap everything so her last public outing isn't forever tied to Dr. Luke or does she push forward, destroy her legacy while making her small fanbase happy?

She totally can come back from this. HOWEVER she will need to promote the next single heavily and market it towards other demographics as well. Just the gays and twitter militants wont do it and tbh she should not have them as the main target to begin with. It all comes down to Capitol and Katy not making another not so smart move. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Right! I WANT 11 SONGS DAMN IT. We aren't cancelling that! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sannie said:

Well it depends how you define winning. If you're listening to ATLRer they will drag her and call her a flop if she is one copy less than Teenage Dream era. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ramcoro said:

Right! I WANT 11 SONGS DAMN IT. We aren't cancelling that! 

I don't care if she collab'd with Donald Trump! Give me the album of bops!

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.