• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NEX

• Klein

• dirrtydiana

• Badgalbriel

Are you that mad some Swifties came at you because they disagree with your opinion in the album thread? 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 19
  • Thumbs Down 16

touch some grass?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 14

Such a disappointment. She could've ChatGPT'd better lyrics :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

What a way to spend your Sunday morning. Yikes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 18
  • Thumbs Down 6

11 minutes ago, NEX said:

1. We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist - terrible line and simply doesn't work even if we pretend they declared that while they were high

2. I scratch your head, you fall asleep like a tattooed golden retriever - same reason as the above

3. But you told Lucy you'd kill yourself if I ever leave, and I had said that to Jack about you, so I felt seen - Lana does this name dropping very well, but with Taylor this line sounds simply jarring and confusing (possibly because we know who Jack is in this instance) 

4. At dinner, you take my ring off my middle finger, and put it on the one people put wedding rings on - an absolutely diabolical way of saying "ring finger" 

9. So I leap from the gallows and I levitate down your street - I get the witchery imagery, but the gallows? Really? Nothing ever in her career came close to being this threatening to be able to draw this analogy 

10. "Who's afraid of little old me?" You should be - A really bad one, but she really took cosplaying this line seriously with weekly variant threats in attempts to block yet another more popular album of the week by scamming her way to the top 

17. Everyone knows that my mother is a saintly woman, but she used to say she wished that you were dead - no explanation needed

These are some of the worst she's written in her career I fear, most of which are coming from the title track 

:clack:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I agree with you mostly, but there are much worse lines in this album you could've included! LOTS of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

wow she sucks! thanks for sharing so i will never have to listen again since that leak a few days before release 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 7

so another OTH disguised as fan who got clocked in main thread so made base thread to drag her

lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 3

14 minutes ago, Klein said:

Are you that mad some Swifties came at you because they disagree with your opinion in the album thread? 

No ma'am. The album thread has turned into an echo chamber of unadulterated praise. Any form of criticism is extremely unwelcome. So forgive me for creating a thread instead of posting it there :bird:

9 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Omg this is why her haters are so dumb. They can't comprehend the simplest metaphor.... 

This about the industry, not about her childhood home.... Jesus... 

9 minutes ago, Klein said:

Also for someone who wants to claim to know about bad writing, a lesson on good reading might not be too bad. This is why reading in context instead of isolated sentences is a good thing, because only then might you have understood she's talking about the media circus that comes with being insanely famous like she's been since she was a teenager and the isolating feeling that comes with it. 

Oh wow, I may have gotten one wrong. Let's ignore the other 20/30 terrible lines. Typical Swiftie behaviour: deflection. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

It's funny because she used to have better lyrics as a teenager, or maybe it's just that they were more appropriate back then. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Talento said:

You missed "touch me while your bros play Grand Theft Auto"

yLBJfPh.thumb.gif.f5d471af57297dcd63914e

:deadbanana4:

Literally the worst songwriter of our generation.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.