• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skestina

• The7thStranger

• Kern

• Onyxmage

Honestly? Her albums started sucking. :michael:

TFJ, EH, and Froot were all strong albums with their own visual identity/concept (albeit sometimes a bit pretentious), and then she released the most insipid body of work she could have possible conjured up. Completely uninspired lyrically and sonically, and her vocal delivery is completely one-note and devoid of the personality present on her first three albums. It's a real chore to get through.

I've only heard a handful of songs from her latest album. But unfortunately she's lost me (and a good chunk of people) to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

her music sucks

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

GP only wanted the "and The Diamonds"

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

GP only wanted the "and The Diamonds"

GP thought she was a band when she used to be Marina and the Diamonds so this doesn't make sense :juanny:

that only remaining marina stan trying to fight everyone with down votes :rip: 

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

if i listened to Obsessions from her first album and then randomly shuffle a song from her latest two albums I would be like damn the quality went down BAD :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She created Electra Heart to become a pop star, but I don't think it had the success she was looking for, so she stopped chasing fame and settled to be an indie folk legend instead of a Hollywood starlet.

She's more like Kate Bush. She's not a typical pop star, she's an artist.

• Like 1

she still gave us this melancholic pop bop so :bunny2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She's making the music she wants at the pace that she wants. She realized she's not cut out for the pop starlet life, and that's alright. She was smart with her money and was able to live off touring money & Electra Heart royalties pre-covid, her royalty incomes have only increased post Covid after Electra Heart went viral on TikTok. 

She's chilling at home, occasionally writing a song, living comfortably. Not every artist has to be a commercial powerhouse or cling onto being popculturally relevant for pro-longed times. Kudos to those that do and have the stamina to play the game for that long, but not everybody wants that.

It's kinda giving "employee of the month" corporate slave teas.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Nothing went wrong. Marina has always made the exact music she wanted. She writes about what she wants to and yes she does write her own music. it's not her fault that the fans want her to release an electra heart every time she makes an album. Her last album was great. :michael:

• Like 2

She got too fakely political with her views. Very much "work", but in the way it's intended - posting things to show face but actually couldn't really give a shxt and not very well educated to know what she's talking about. 

• Like 1

Someone compared Marina to Kate Bush?

sDXbJcJ.gif

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

Someone compared Marina to Kate Bush?

sDXbJcJ.gif

i mean family jewels is very kate bush

spacer.png

• Like 1

She's always been a hit or miss for me. Ancient Dreams had some great moments but too many low lows. I Love You But I Love Me More is a masterpiece so she still has it in her :hippo:

• Like 1

The Electra Shart fans are mad at me, I see. Somebody re-open SYG.

ezgif-2-6b4cf3b4e0.gif

• Haha 5

I've come to terms with the fact that she said all she needed to say with her first three albums. At least we can enjoy those forever

also EH is a perfect pop album and all she needs to do to get her stans back onboard is put the damn wig back on

ezgif-2-6b4cf3b4e0.gif

she needs another alter ego

ezgif-2-6b4cf3b4e0.gif

17 minutes ago, shyboi said:

she needs another alter ego

ezgif-2-6b4cf3b4e0.gif

Maybe Kate Bush since they are so similar and OG retired? 

• Like 1

ancient dreams is a very good album

y'all are kinda deaf 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Forestboy said:

She got too fakely political with her views. Very much "work", but in the way it's intended - posting things to show face but actually couldn't really give a shxt and not very well educated to know what she's talking about. 

Marina's music has been a satirical reflection of how messed up society is since her first album. What are you even talking about? :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

FROOT (song) is literally one of the best songs of all time. Wishing she went back to releasing melodic, ambient love songs that showcased her unique voice. Like many others pointed out, Love + Fear was so uninspired that I kinda checked out after that and barely even follow her anymore. Her talent can not be denied either way though.

Froot is her best work and then after that it went downhill 

I was even kinda into Love and Fear although it was not her best  but everything she released after that alongside her style/attitude was just not it 

Hopeful she can rise again tho

Edited by marky cat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.