Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Is Kelly's “Addicted” a hit that got away?

? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. ?

    • Addicted would've been a bigger hit than WA
      61%
    • Addicted would perform similar to walk away
      23%
    • Addicted would've flopped
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Kelly announced "Addicted" as the follow up single to Because of You and even used the title in one of the tours during the breakaway era. But while BOY was peaking on the charts Walk Away and Gone were both started to chart on the top 100 airplay. The label decided to go with Walk Away, because they didn't want another single with the title "gone" and felt that Addicted was too dark and they needed a lighter uptempo song after BOY.

 

Do you think RCA made the right decision?

Edited by KevinKDC

Yes but I understand why they went with WA

 

Nonetheless, Addicted is such a masterpiece!

Breakaway definitely should have 2 more singles after Walk Away. All tracks can be singles tbh (even the Beautiful Disaster Live)

That era continued forever, but Addicted or Hear Me could have kept it going even longer.

Addicted would've been a hit, but I fear Gone would've been a megasmash. I understand why the label was reticent after SUBG, but the hook on Gone is too strong. 

Gone was the smash that got away, much better than Walk Away & easily one of her best songs :clap3:

I don't think it would've been bigger than Walk Away, I think it easily would've performed the same though

 

Gone or You Found Me would've been HUGE though! I still love Walk Away dgmw

5 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

Kelly announced "Addicted" as the follow up single to Because of You and even used the title in one of the tours during the breakaway era. But while BOY was peaking on the charts Walk Away and Gone were both started to chart on the top 100 airplay. The label decided to go with Walk Away, because they didn't want another single with the title "gone" and felt that Addicted was too dark and they needed a lighter uptempo song after BOY.

 

Do you think RCA made the right decision?

I AM STILL PRESSED THAT THIS WASN"T THE FINAL SINGLE.

 

I've never gotten over it and I NEVER WILL.

 

The thread title triggered me.:lakitu:

 

Such a closer single. The epitome. It was IS EVERYTHING.

they could've pushed gone or addicted in usa when breakaway was released in europe

I don't know how it would have performed in comparison to the singles but I love Addicted. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.