Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

Even if they want to release Falling Forever as a single, why would they release it in summer? It's not a summer song, similar to Houdini and TS could've been made a winter single, especially when they have these walls and whatcha doing….:gaycat7:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

Why this users only update the album streams the Mondays  :clack:

why bother pushing a song off the album wait a couple of months, go back in the studio or go ask Max martin and Ian Kirkpatrick a song or two and record it and add it to a deluxe version but check it with record label or someone who knows what makes a hit and then release it in July and announce a short tour till december. Then disappear till October 2026. Also fire daddy.

1 hour ago, B-Luke said:

End of an Era would've been a suitable final single choice but the ship has sailed

:clack:

It already delivered its purpose by being the opening track to the album that ended the era of her being successful 

 

she knew

 

:clack:

These Walls and Whatcha Doin could be the best choices for singles based on international appeal

 

Falling Forever and Maria would do well everywhere except US I think

Edited by mike_int

I wonder what song will they push for the next single Happy For You? These Walls? They both can work as summer singles.

I honestly think that if its not Maria then move on. Nothing else is worth a gp push.

3 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Post it so certain user can cry again about people being too negative here

 

halcyonday

 

spacer.png

 

Did I lie though? :emofish:

last weekend I hung out with some friends who were Dua fans during the FN era (they even attended the tour) and they were harsh towards RO, they said the album and the whole era feel irrelevant, WHO is Dua Lipa in 2024, she should've released a new album at her peak, etc. 
I felt so bad with all these comments cuz Dua put her heart on this album and if this is the GP current perception of her...

I just don't hear what y'all hear in FF, and it's okay. Different tastes. The chorus is so extra with the long notes and her voice doesn't sound relaxed at all. The production is also monotonous and goes nowhere. It's just not what I think when I imagine a Dua hit single. I think the album has no hits left in it by the trend of the previous three. If they have a deluxe in mind they should let Ilusion die once and for all on radio and unveil that by Glastonbury or July

The thing with Dua is this

 

She does not have a big fan base like other newest artist like Billie or Olivia, of course she build a fan base during Future Nostalgia era but not as big as other artist.

 

Now.... Dua is one of the few artist that GP kind of love her thats good, something similar happens with other artist like P!nk or Miley Cyrus both loved by the GP.

 

 

 

The main reason of why we dont get #1s or why we did not get a bigger 1st week sales or why we are always end up at #2 or #11 type of situation is because of this Dua need a bigger & LOYAL fan base to do everything to achieve things!

 

 

Im sure Dua still loved by the GP to do a Global arena tour

Notice that a lot of the pop hits right now are mostly midtempo and with a cool and detached delivery, focused on layering and synths. Billie, Taylor, Sabrina and Ariana were all scoring hits with different variations of the approach. For better or worse Dua's vocal delivery and melodies on the album sound distant from what's in vogue right now. It's why i have difficulty seeing any song here as a potential hit. Maybe she has more stuff in her vaults that fits the current pop mood… 

Edited by liquiddiamonds

9 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I just don't hear what y'all hear in FF, and it's okay. Different tastes. The chorus is so extra with the long notes and her voice doesn't sound relaxed at all. The production is also monotonous and goes nowhere. It's just not what I think when I imagine a Dua hit single. I think the album has no hits left in it by the trend of the previous three. If they have a deluxe in mind they should let Ilusion die once and for all on radio and unveil that by Glastonbury or July

this... I love Ian but I get why FF wasn't used as a single, cause the production & vocal production are not giving.

20 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

 

spacer.png

 

Did I lie though? :emofish:

Well there's kinda nothing to be positive about :emofish: 

2 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Well there's kinda nothing to be positive about :emofish: 

You spilled I fear :emofish:

1 hour ago, kayliah said:

why bother pushing a song off the album wait a couple of months, go back in the studio or go ask Max martin and Ian Kirkpatrick a song or two and record it and add it to a deluxe version but check it with record label or someone who knows what makes a hit and then release it in July and announce a short tour till december. Then disappear till October 2026. Also fire daddy.

This. If they are planning to do anything with this album, she needs to leave it alone right now and record a smash for deluxe and not release at least until July.

I know that the setlist she will do at Glasto will be the same as the one on tour, girl too lazy to rehearse more songs.

Oh 8 days until that random show in Berlin :duck:

I thought Whatcha Doing was supposed to be the next single?

 

Not claiming that I got insider information but the radio host I met at the club a couple nights ago told me a new single was gonna be added to their 'system' soon and she claimed it was the disco one? 

 

Again! I repeat, do not take this and run. I beg.

2 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

The thing with Dua is this

 

She does not have a big fan base like other newest artist like Billie or Olivia, of course she build a fan base during Future Nostalgia era but not as big as other artist.

 

Now.... Dua is one of the few artist that GP kind of love her thats good, something similar happens with other artist like P!nk or Miley Cyrus both loved by the GP.

 

 

 

The main reason of why we dont get #1s or why we did not get a bigger 1st week sales or why we are always end up at #2 or #11 type of situation is because of this Dua need a bigger & LOYAL fan base to do everything to achieve things!

 

 

Im sure Dua still loved by the GP to do a Global arena tour

Shes a sweet girl and all but i dont feel like i know her nor her personality. Again sweet and charming but shes distant and reserved. Like i know taylor,her sweetness,her bitterness,her fakeness,her wit,her intelligence,her kindness and her pettiness. I like dua but she needs to be closer to her fans and build a fanbase to be bulletproof. If she had a huge fanbase she could have salvaged this era but its not huge,its small but they supported her first week atleast.

Edited by kayliah

She genuinely has a great chance of winning Best Pop dance recording for Houdini. They kinda need to re-generate the positive pr for the song through shows and tour performances….

Also, she's a sure shot winner for Electronic Song and Artist at the bbmas. She'd be lucky to win a brit award with Harry gearing up to release his next project….

20 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Shes a sweet girl and all but i dont feel like i know her nor her personality. Again sweet and charming but shes distant and reserved. Like i know taylor,her sweetness,her bitterness,her fakeness,her wit,her intelligence,her kindness and her pettiness. I like dua but she needs to be closer to her fans and build a fanbase to be bulletproof. If she had a huge fanbase she could have salvaged this era but its not huge,its small but they supported her first week atleast.

I agree.... She need to go more personal with her lyrics!! 

 

But also we want iconic Pop bops sooo Im not sure what she could do.

 

 

But yes if we need a bigger fan base we need a bigger conection with her & personal life, it works for Ariana, Billie,  Olivia & Taylor 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.