Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

12 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Okay, I respect your opinion. This is constructive criticism and I can go along with it, thank you :bird:  It's just funny how Ava keeps getting mentioned here totally unprovoked. The girlie couldn't care less about her career :skull: 

Dddd 

:hug:

Also fwiw I'm not one of  Dua's pretentious gays either; the 2020-2023 acclaim didn't mean anything to me, and I always believed she was more lucky and over-acclaimed due to poptimism and the times/circumstances. All that is to say I wasn't too let down by RO because it's not like FN was a masterpiece to me. I go to Dua for mindless fun pop music, which is why I'm sure you go to ava. IOW I see them both as nothing more than pop stars; Dua just got lucky and certainly had more drive& vision. But me disliking ava  IS just personal preference

• Thanks 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the meltdowns just to admit in the end my point that she served a fun mindless pop album.

Never change, pretentious alt pop gheys 

barefoot-contessa-ina-garten_400x400.thu

I'm still wondering if the "rich, detailed, substantially more organic" productions are in the room with us right now when there's not a single adlib found on this entire album

s5gF3XJ.gif

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

All of the meltdowns just to admit in the end my point that she served a fun mindless pop album.

Girl silence now. You've talked enough for this week. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Girl silence now. You've talked enough for this week. 

"my favorite mindless pop album is in a superior group of mindless pop albums" :isudumblmao:  stop being embarrassing

• Haha 2

Just now, halcyonday said:

"my favorite mindless pop album is in a superior group of mindless pop albums" :isudumblmao:  stop being embarrassing

I've never found you to be particularly intellectual if we're quite honest, but something's cracked lately. Are you ok? Or maybe you're just drunk and getting an early start for the holiday this weekend. Either way, god bless - but I think we've had enough of you. Xoxo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, ahauntingnearu said:

I've never found you to be particularly intellectual if we're quite honest, but something's cracked lately. Are you ok? Or maybe you're just drunk and getting an early start for the holiday this weekend. Either way, god bless - but I think we've had enough of you. Xoxo

I don't even know who you are but the fact that you're going off with the personal insults because i'm pointing out your hypocrisy based on the actual posts you posted here is something worrying... and the fact that you think you can silence me is also funny. You said nothing "intellectual" other than backfiring and admitting that this is in fact a mindless pop album like I said in the beginning.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

I don't even know who you are but the fact that you're going off with the personal insults because i'm pointing out your hypocrisy based on the actual posts you posted here is something worrying... and the fact that you think you can silence me is also funny. You said nothing "intellectual" other than backfiring and admitting that this is in fact a mindless pop album like I said in the beginning.

There's no hypocrisy, just (your own) lack of reading ability. I never said RO isn't a mindless pop album. I think you just confused yourself and too much time went by for you to keep track of. 

Just now, ahauntingnearu said:

There's no hypocrisy, just (your own) lack of reading ability. I never said RO isn't a mindless pop album. I think you just confused yourself and too much time went by for you to keep track of. 

You're exactly the person who was outraged when I mentioned fellow mindless pop stars. Stay being miserable. 

• Haha 1

We should all focus on dragging Zara Larsson instead I fear

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Girl this album ended up a glorified Ellie Goulding project and everyone clocked the tea :deadbanana2: Just because there are super producers & writers in the credits of every track and millions down the drain for production & promotion doesn't mean it's good; and just because you spam semicolons every other sentence doesn't make you more of an intellectual

s5gF3XJ.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Supervillain said:

We should all focus on dragging Zara Larsson instead I fear

Not too much on the All The Time songstress

s5gF3XJ.gif

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

You're exactly the person who was outraged when I mentioned fellow mindless pop stars. Stay being miserable. 

Outraged? Plz. really encourage you to go back and read the Convo 

1 minute ago, Post Malone said:

Girl this album ended up a glorified Ellie Goulding project and everyone clocked the tea :deadbanana2: Just because there are super producers & writers in the credits of every track and millions down the drain for production & promotion doesn't mean it's good; and just because you spam semicolons every other sentence doesn't make you more of an intellectual

s5gF3XJ.gif

A. I love Ellie - what .. is your point?

B. Is your idea of "intellectual" usage of semicolons? I - :bibliahh:

• Like 1

when the album got released and i listened to it i was super dissapointed cause i had huge expecations but the more i listened as the days passed the more it grow on me i still think the singles are the best songs on the album the only song that didnt grow on me and i still hate is end of an era

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Thickorita said:

Not too much on the All The Time songstress

s5gF3XJ.gif

Let's pretend her discography ended there 

spacer.png

Why does the Training Season music video serve so much cvnt? She's just sitting there unbothered while hundreds of h0rny sexy chavs swarm over her :laugh: 17HSMdI.gif

• Haha 5

Illusion keeps building at Radio :clap3: this will make the song survive more weeks at Hot 100 :duca: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reginald said:

Why does the Training Season music video serve so much cvnt? She's just sitting there unbothered while hundreds of h0rny sexy chavs swarm over her :laugh: 17HSMdI.gif

Sexy? I thought they were all intentionally chosen because they were "mid" men as a drag about her exes... did I misread that?  :chick2:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nectarine said:

Sexy?

I'm American and find the chav look very appealing in a certain way:rofl:If  I ever visit London, it is going to be ON :WAP:

• Like 1

Yeah I tried to give this album one more listen last night and just can't, it's soooooo bad. Like… whatcha doing, French exit, these walls all sound like I should be trying on a $5 t shirt at H&M dressing room. They sound cheap AF and so so cheesy. This is not MPG quality. I don't know what she was thinking.

Dua is a big enough artist that if the quality was there, something would stick. But it's not. This era is done.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Still loving this album! 

Like I can't get enough! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, halcyonday said:

There's mindless pop music and then there's mindlessly made pop music, ala Ava and Bebe basically making cover tribute albums with their sample-central music 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Oh wait not everyone actually mad in here, we having a serious mid off

spacer.png

Dua queen of the mids tho, may I remind everyone who the Female Alpha is:

• Haha 4

her performances are boring this era. I think that's a reason as to why she's flopping. the "oh wow she improved!" factor is gone now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

The Radical Poptimism thread being a mess as per usual

s5gF3XJ.gif

The amount of questionable takes I've seen on this page alone WHEW, lemme keep it cute and just smile and nod and keep streaming the album

s5gF3XJ.gif

Edited by ChrisTheLoner
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.