Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Charli XCX - 'BRAT'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 4.2k
  • Views 323.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jennifer Lawrence
    Jennifer Lawrence

    I love the cover design, but this corny (and wrong) explanation....be serious... The font is Arial, squished vertically, so you wrote all of that for nothing   

  • When Trump wins and brat is forbidden in the US

  • thedeathbymusic
    thedeathbymusic

    Sympathy is a knife is seriously so c*nty and real... we all feel those feelings. one of her best songs ever and she WHACKED Taylor so good it made me never want to listen to her ever again lmao 

I could honestly see brat being her last album but I don't think that's possible for Charli. I think it will be awhile before we get a new Charli record because she is so personally and professionally fulfilled by brat that she won't feel a need to make another record. though she is a natural creative, I do think a lot of her output with her albums was all about "hitting a mark" and this one finally did what she craved for so long in an authentic way

16 minutes ago, thedeathbymusic said:

I could honestly see brat being her last album but I don't think that's possible for Charli. I think it will be awhile before we get a new Charli record because she is so personally and professionally fulfilled by brat that she won't feel a need to make another record. though she is a natural creative, I do think a lot of her output with her albums was all about "hitting a mark" and this one finally did what she craved for so long in an authentic way

This. I believe it's also why she made the comment of wanting to oversaturate her catalog with new music over the summer, as this project truly does feel like her magnum opus. All of her projects since Vroom Vroom felt like they were leading here, and I'm happy she's seeing such success due to it. 

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

?

 

ha legacy is undebated :suburban:

 

kinda the opposite of how most ppl would think after a smash album but she could probably do DJ/Club sets for the rest of her life and be happy so :gaycat4:

The BRAT era has many legs. I want a super deluxe, a remix album etc. 

Plus, songs like Apple and Guess need to be singles and have music videos. 

3 hours ago, Mke1979 said:

The BRAT era has many legs. I want a super deluxe, a remix album etc. 

Plus, songs like Apple and Guess need to be singles and have music videos. 

all of this :clap3:

Charli has always said she's a workaholic so even if she starts doing other stuff I doubt she would stop doing music. 

On 7/16/2024 at 2:28 PM, Braz said:

If Apple keeps growing, she'll return to the top 10. Like, in the US, who would have thought?

The fact that it's been stable around the Top 10 is such a massive gag to me :deadbanana:

 

Hopefully it keeps slaying, God knows she deserves it :alexz:

Now I'm greedy I want a remix album with the features, and a separate non stop rave album/mix similar to the party girl sets

13 hours ago, Chemist said:

?

 

She just be saying **** :rip: 

4 hours ago, alfonso12 said:

Charli has always said she's a workaholic so even if she starts doing other stuff I doubt she would stop doing music. 

Lucky us :jonny:

Yesterday's Spotify numbers (July 17) :

 

360

#76 Global (new peak)

#24 UK (new peak)

#41 USA (new peak)

 

Apple

#43 UK (new peak)

#99 USA (new peak)

 

Von dutch (#89) and 365 (#144) rising in the UK as well

I really want the 365 party girl / boiler room remix.

5 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

The fact that it's been stable around the Top 10 is such a massive gag to me :deadbanana:

 

Hopefully it keeps slaying, God knows she deserves it :alexz:

So glad she's finally getting her most commercial era with a record more authentic to her than Crash. 

2 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

I really want the 365 party girl / boiler room remix.

I've been using this one.

 

 

 

20 hours ago, thedeathbymusic said:

I could honestly see brat being her last album but I don't think that's possible for Charli. I think it will be awhile before we get a new Charli record because she is so personally and professionally fulfilled by brat that she won't feel a need to make another record. though she is a natural creative, I do think a lot of her output with her albums was all about "hitting a mark" and this one finally did what she craved for so long in an authentic way

I have the same feeling with Brat that I had with Rihanna's Anti and Rosalia's Motomami. Not only were the albums absolutely great, commercially successful and critically acclaimed, but they've so masterfully encapsulated their personas, blended genres, and . Funnily enough, none of these albums have seen a follow-up yet, and I think it's the situation where the artists really have to show up and outdo themselves. The trick is that, even if they outdo theirselves musically, if they stay in the same lane, it's bound to be panned for lack of growth. Like that, brat is so unapologetically Charli, that I almost feel like she'll have to become a different version of herself in order to outdo herself. Something similar to what happened with Lana with NFR which was such a standout compared to a few releases before that.

So, we're either gonna have to wait for Charli's new life chapter, or we're gonna get a few records that are gonna be, even though possibly great, slightly derivative. And I'd prefer her not to release anything for a few years rather than missing the mark and forcing it just to capitalize on Brat's success. A quick follow-up hit to Brat would be good, which both of the albums I've mentioned had (Rihanna had that Calvin collab, and Rosalia had Despecha). 

4 hours ago, hguo said:

Yesterday's Spotify numbers (July 17) :

 

360

#76 Global (new peak)

#24 UK (new peak)

#41 USA (new peak)

 

Apple

#43 UK (new peak)

#99 USA (new peak)

 

Von dutch (#89) and 365 (#144) rising in the UK as well

we need the concept of every song going viral HAPENNING :jonny5:

On 7/17/2024 at 5:46 PM, thedeathbymusic said:

I could honestly see brat being her last album but I don't think that's possible for Charli. I think it will be awhile before we get a new Charli record because she is so personally and professionally fulfilled by brat that she won't feel a need to make another record. though she is a natural creative, I do think a lot of her output with her albums was all about "hitting a mark" and this one finally did what she craved for so long in an authentic way

Well said!

Today's Spotify Charts update (July 18) :

 

360

#71 Global (new peaks, both in position and daily streams)

#24 UK (-)

#36 USA (new peak)

 

Apple

#35 UK (new peak)

#88 USA (new peak)

 

(Von dutch and 365 are #85 and #141 in the UK).

2 hours ago, hguo said:

360

#24 UK (-)

 

Apple

#35 UK (new peak)

(Von dutch and 365 are #85 and #141 in the UK).

Ugh I wished I lived in the UK just to experience what it feels to have Charli as a mainstream artist. :jonny:

2 hours ago, hguo said:

Today's Spotify Charts update (July 18) :

 

 

360

#71 Global (new peaks, both in position and daily streams)

#24 UK (-)

#36 USA (new peak)

 

Apple

#35 UK (new peak)

#88 USA (new peak)

 

(Von dutch and 365 are #85 and #141 in the UK).

Can y'all imagine if she has a Sabrina Carpenter moment with 360 and Apple smashing at the same time?

 

That would be such a dream come true. God please let it happen for her :jonny5:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.