Tinashe - "Nasty"

Alex

11 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Not Lil Nas X stealing the video... so evil

He's such a nasty man I feel it in my bones. 

• Like 2

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nuclear

• YoungDreamer

• Nashe

• redsing707

16 hours ago, JDC said:

Glad this is going viral, her music is a nice balance between concept/artistic and bops/Tik Tok trends so it's about damn time the gp gives her the spotlight! RISE NASTY RISE!

Also, she needs to take advantage of the moment and announce the Quantum Baby release date with the cover or something to stay in people's minds

Excatly, give us a date. Then reveal the cover, then the tracklist, a video teaser for the next single.

On the release week, interviews and 1-2 night show performances (do Nasty at least once!)

• Like 2

When was the last time one of her songs got sent to radio?

1 hour ago, SapphireSky said:

X

3 hours ago, SapphireSky said:

Baby, what is a radio at this point??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nuclear said:

X

and that was like a year after its original release or something :dies:

2 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

and that was like a year after its original release or something :dies:

Yes, it was beyond dead at that point. People in here were dragging me from saying it was a waste of waste of money. 

Are there any snippets leaking around town?

2 hours ago, nuclear said:

Yes, it was beyond dead at that point. People in here were dragging me from saying it was a waste of waste of money. 

because it wasn't a waste of money lol. it's called rebuilding her foundation and setting herself up for a long game. the song made moderate moves on not one but two formats as an independent artist that didn't even have nice life behind her yet. moves like that help her gain more control to the point where if she decided to move up from nice life to an actual major, it'll allow her to maintain more control and more of her profits all while gaining more support and reach aka being able to keep her music saying "tinashe music inc" while being able to do more of what y'all want like sending songs to radio. everything is done for a reason.

also, for those that keep bringing it up, radio costs around 200-250k at least if i remember correctly but, again, a song doesn't have to be sent to radio for you to request it or for them to play it. they just need to know people actually want to hear it and now is the best time, as fans, to try to do at least that if you really want her to make that investment. best way to do that for her is to spam the socials of radio stations with your requests & maybe attach a picture of her placement on spotify's viral chart so they know it's making moves and can feel like they were ahead of the curve if they decide to play it.

• Like 2

I'm seeing so much tiktoks with +100k likes, bless that white guy and his finger bite :jonnycat:

Even if it doesn't become huge on the long run, it introduces Tinashe to a whole new audience.

• Like 2

We are going up

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saint said:

because it wasn't a waste of money lol. it's called rebuilding her foundation and setting herself up for a long game. the song made moderate moves on not one but two formats as an independent artist that didn't even have nice life behind her yet. moves like that help her gain more control to the point where if she decided to move up from nice life to an actual major, it'll allow her to maintain more control and more of her profits all while gaining more support and reach aka being able to keep her music saying "tinashe music inc" while being able to do more of what y'all want like sending songs to radio. everything is done for a reason.

also, for those that keep bringing it up, radio costs around 200-250k at least if i remember correctly but, again, a song doesn't have to be sent to radio for you to request it or for them to play it. they just need to know people actually want to hear it and now is the best time, as fans, to try to do at least that if you really want her to make that investment. best way to do that for her is to spam the socials of radio stations with your requests & maybe attach a picture of her placement on spotify's viral chart so they know it's making moves and can feel like they were ahead of the curve if they decide to play it.

Nearly a year after the songs has peaked? I understand what you said but the timing was off and i understand it took a long time to gather fund and promoter (or whatever they called).

Although I agree this more we can do as fanbase but she has to send this to radio, there is limitations to what we can do, especially since her fanbase is still very small. Instead of getting featured and posting posters of the single throughout various cities many they should take that more and spend on radio and radio campaigns 

@Saint Since when requesting a song on radio has ever worked for Tinashe? It didn't work when she was on a major label, it didn't work when she had decent size dedicated fanbase and has a radio hit that was recent. What makes you think something that hasn't work in 10 years going to work now? If they want a hit, they have work for it. Her fanbase is too small and unorganized to pull something like that. Nice life needs to open their purse and work with rocnation for that radio campaign. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Where the **** is NiceLife/Position Music, they are really gonna let this die with zero push just like Needs

8 hours ago, TheBoss said:

Where the **** is NiceLife/Position Music, they are really gonna let this die with zero push just like Needs

Position Music is publishing 

+2k tiktok videos over the past 24hrs

6 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

+2k tiktok videos over the past 24hrs

Posted (edited)

Wait literally two days ago it had about 4k tiktoks and now it has 7k. And it's increasing in streams oooooh I wonder if it'll manage to cross 200k on todays update 

Edited by Cotton
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cotton said:

Wait literally two days ago it had about 4k tiktoks and now it has 7k. And it's increasing in streams oooooh I wonder if it'll manage to cross 200k on todays update 

Almost did!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

Almost did!

So we should be in the 200K + by Tuesday fingers crossed 🤞 

Seriously what is going to take for them to finally Britney_do_somethin_.mp3

• Like 3

Imagine all the people who are just hearing about her now and then they go back and hear all the bops and smashes.

• Like 2

She's a part of a licensing deal with Warner now right? Hopefully that can help her fund the videos, get more connections, focus less on the business side and more on the art, also they can create physicals for the international fans etc.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nuclear said:

@Saint Since when requesting a song on radio has ever worked for Tinashe? It didn't work when she was on a major label, it didn't work when she had decent size dedicated fanbase and has a radio hit that was recent. What makes you think something that hasn't work in 10 years going to work now? If they want a hit, they have work for it. Her fanbase is too small and unorganized to pull something like that. Nice life needs to open their purse and work with rocnation for that radio campaign. 

mind you, the most DOA song tinashe has ever sent to radio was flame. that song was doing absolutely NOTHING on radio until WE decided that at best we should try to get the song to do something on pop radio and you know what happened? it hit top 50 on the top 40 building chart. why? because, again, WE did that. not rca, her small ass fanbase and that is why i will never tolerate anyone in this fanbase using the excuse that we can't do anything because we have before at a time where our fanbase was probably the smallest it had ever been. 

if y'all aren't even going to try to request the song or apply some type of pressure to radio at the very least, don't keep bringing it up when you know it costs money and she's still paying for things out of pocket. mind you, even if they weren't serious, a major radio station still made a tweet that asked if we wanted them to play the song and that was before it started taking off on tiktok for real.

with that being said, that's the end of this radio discussion in here. kinda don't need to see it continued past this point. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

She's a part of a licensing deal with Warner now right? Hopefully that can help her fund the videos, get more connections, focus less on the business side and more on the art, also they can create physicals for the international fans etc.

You're thinking of Megan Thee Stallion, Tinashe just has a distribution(?) deal with Nice Life. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.