Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Why is Zara Larsson's quality control so lacking?

Featured Replies

So Zara Larsson just released her third international album, Venus, and I've seen a lot of criticism about the lack of quality control in her music. In other words, her albums are always full of filler.

ย 

We can see how much she shines when she's given a good song to work with (Can't Tame Her, All The Time, Love Me Land just to name a few).

ย 

She's obviously a very talented singer and live performer, I just wonder why her label is wasting her potential on this mediocre material. There are other mainstream acts who don't really write much of their own stuff but still seem to be able to deliver a cohesive project. What's up @Zara's team

I donโ€™t know why but I have wondered this too. ย I feel like the lack of consistency really harms her ability to make it big. Back in 2016 she seemed to be such a rising star with great quality output. ย 

  • ATRL Moderator

Thereโ€™s a few bops on the album but itโ€™s crazy to think about Zara v. Dua threads from a few years ago

I donโ€™t think itโ€™s a matter of control, itโ€™s just the best material she was able to get. ย Writing a good pop song is incredibly hard, and no offense but sheโ€™s not exactly the first choice to sing the biggest gems

11 minutes ago, Dephira said:

I donโ€™t think itโ€™s a matter of control, itโ€™s just the best material she was able to get. ย Writing a good pop song is incredibly hard, and no offense but sheโ€™s not exactly the first choice to sing the biggest gems

She was after her so good era. She had so many great writing camped songs like permission which she scrapped

I think her team/label just doesnโ€™t believe in her. So nobody is investing in her at all. YouIโ€™ll get a few bops on all her albums but overall the era & album are normally messy & inspired.ย 
ย 

Look at her music videos this era you canโ€™t tell me her label caresย :rip:

This is tragic because she was my favorite pop star in 2017 and now look...

kinda crazy that her strongest material was all secured when she was a main sweden girl and had no real international breakthrough, but then the quality started to go downhill after she broke outย 

ย 

if slayyyter can manage to get an album of bops why canโ€™t zara :emofish:

I agree. She's trying to make a hit and seeing what sticks and not focusing on making a cohesive body of work.

Shame, because she's really talented and is truly a good live performer.ย 

2 hours ago, Delirious said:

She was after her so good era. She had so many great writing camped songs like permission which she scrapped

She was after Lush Life. Then she scrapped hits like Permission and Wanna and filled So Good was mid trash, and toned down her personality - something I think her management played a part in after AMF flopped.

Then she kept her momentum with RML and DWAM but after she sabotaged/flopped with the latter and went back to the drawing boards the producers good faith was done.

Edited by Blue.

I thought Can't Tame Her was very cheap and bad and I wish she went with a different song to push as a lead single.

If you think she is the problem you're dumb

She has no backing from her label/teamย 

Venus doesnโ€™t have any filler for me. I loved every track.ย :jamming:

  • Author
14 hours ago, Yawn said:

if slayyyter can manage to get an album of bops why canโ€™t zara :emofish:

Wait this spill. Slayyyter's production is serving free sample pack but the songs are all bops. We need her to hook Zara up

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.