Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Why is Dua Lipa haunting me?

Featured Replies

For those who aren’t familiar with Apple Music, there is a section for ‘New Releases’ - which as you guessed, shows you new releases for that day / week. 
 

What I’m wondering is, why has Dua Lipa and her single Houdini been appearing for me so much? How can a single that came out in November 2023 be classed as a ‘new release’ 3 months later? 
 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
 

Is this Payola or something more sinister? 
 

spacer.png

  • Replies 36
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Author
Just now, plasticbag said:

catch me or i go

…into February's new releases?

 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

…into February's new releases?

 

spacer.png

she knewsspacer.png

  • Author
1 minute ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

It's suggesting what you're interested for :heart:

A song I listened to 3-5 times in November and then never went back to?


spacer.png

1 minute ago, The Man Who said:

A song I listened to 3-5 times in November and then never went back to?

The AI is checking what inside your MIND actually cares about 

 

DBSaqca.gif

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

The AI is checking what inside your MIND actually cares about 

 

DBSaqca.gif

I’ve been singing Houdini since creating this thread so this exposé might be accurate! 
 

spacer.png

I go to a cheap gym and the don't have a premium spotify account so I get to hear the ads and they are mostly about Houdini and Guts 

I'm glad actually that the girls are not letting their songs underperform 

I’m a Dua stan but I’m always so gagged at how much my Spotify DJ and autoplay will play Houdini and DTN every opportunity it gets :dies: 

I don’t think this is anything particularly unusual, for example I just checked mine (which updated on Friday) and a few examples are: it’s showing MY HOUSE which came out over a month ago, On and On by Tyla which came out December 1st and Taylor’s Sl*t! track which came out back in October so :michael:

Probably bc she isn't getting much attention elsewhere. Shrug

46 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

A song I listened to 3-5 times in November and then never went back to?


spacer.png

YOU WILL LISTEN AGAIN WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

  • Author
23 minutes ago, Augmented said:

I don’t think this is anything particularly unusual, for example I just checked mine (which updated on Friday) and a few examples are: it’s showing MY HOUSE which came out over a month ago, On and On by Tyla which came out December 1st and Taylor’s Sl*t! track which came out back in October so :michael:

Mine dates back to October and Houdini is the only release with multiple entries. Including a remix, it’s appeared for me six times and every other single / EP / album has appeared only once. 
 

Even Ed and Lorraine Warren couldn’t handle this type of haunting! 

 

spacer.png

Edited by The Man Who

  • ATRL Moderator

I fear there's something sinister going on with streaming and recommendations. For me, it's that no matter what I listen to on Spotify, it always shuffles to that Troye Sivan song One of Your Girlfriends (or whatever it's called).

 

I put on Taylor > Troye shuffles on next

I listen to Björk > that Troye song again

Put on white noise to sleep > "Everybody loves you, baby..."

 

spacer.png

  • Author
1 minute ago, feelslikeadream said:

I fear there's something sinister going on with streaming and recommendations. For me, it's that no matter what I listen to on Spotify, it always shuffles to that Troye Sivan song One of Your Girlfriends (or whatever it's called).

 

I put on Taylor > Troye shuffles on next

I listen to Björk > that Troye song again

Put on white noise to sleep > "Everybody loves you, baby..."

 

spacer.png

When this turns into The Conjuring 5: The Lossless Haunting, who do you want them to cast to play you? 
 

spacer.png

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.