Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 739k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

Houdini will be the smash of the summer :duca:  At the current rate :jonny: longevity! 

Just heard the new Danny L Harle remix of Houdini and yeah, i now have faith again in him. DL3 can’t come soon enough. This version is INCREDIBLE! They finally removed that annoying beat & added melody. Honestly, this should’ve been the final lead single version cuz it has everything the og lacks. 

 

Really curious if this is anything similar to the demo (the one produced by Danny only) cuz in that case Kevin Parker is the culprit for that horrendous final version. Praying he isn’t involved in anymore DL3 songs :cm:

Edited by TayDuaStan

I am obsessed with the live version. It's still no "Live in LA" but it served everything I needed from the extended version. The entire live setting is so orgasmic.

 

Also the way she absolutely devoured the performance without any dance steps or choreo. The headbanging towards the end is giving ~IM A ROCK CHICKKK!!~. Recreate this at the Scammys with more production on stage and the song would jump to #1 with a 500 points lead.

 

 

Edited by State of Grace.

12 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

Really curious if this is anything similar to the demo (the one produced by Danny only) cuz in that case Kevin Parker is the culprit for that horrendous final version. Praying he isn’t involved in anymore DL3 songs :cm:

didn't Rolling Stone report that the "band" (Dua, Caroline, Danny, Tobias & Kevin) created 8/11 tracks on the album?

19 minutes ago, misswhooops said:

didn't Rolling Stone report that the "band" (Dua, Caroline, Danny, Tobias & Kevin) created 8/11 tracks on the album?

yep kkkkk

1 hour ago, TayDuaStan said:

Just heard the new Danny L Harle remix of Houdini and yeah, i now have faith again in him. DL3 can’t come soon enough. This version is INCREDIBLE! They finally removed that annoying beat & added melody. Honestly, this should’ve been the final lead single version cuz it has everything the og lacks. 

 

not really feeling it tbh :katie:

Dragging Houdini's production, let alone Kevin Parker's talent/input is.....odd

Kevin apparently produced 8 out of 11 so... Bulk up, it's going to be a bumpy ride for daddy's haters 

 

:suburban:

Just now, Jonathan Cruz said:

Kevin apparently produced 8 out of 11 so... Bulk up, it's going to be a bumpy ride for daddy's haters 

 

:suburban:

The way we WON so hard. I just knoooow this will be AOTY :WAP: 

 

Haters kept saying that Warner would scrap the Kevin songs but Duallah chose ART over CHARTS

 

:suburban:

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Dragging Houdini's production, let alone Kevin Parker's talent/input is.....

Tasteless is the word you were looking for! 

I love seeing Kevin Parker haters CRY, it's my daily medicine, my weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. Their loss is the only reason i'm still alive, i was born to love and enjoy the failure that they have achieved.

Kinda a shame it's only 8/11 and not 11/11. Hope the remaining tracks are not by Ian or something.. I remember there being rumors of her working with Justice, would love them to have some production on the album

6 minutes ago, illia said:

I love seeing Kevin Parker haters CRY, it's my daily medicine, my weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. Their loss is the only reason i'm still alive, i was born to love and enjoy the failure that they have achieved.

Why do people not like Kevin Parker? Is it something to be concerned? 

Is there any tea on when the album's coming? I think someone hinted at February but I might be misremembering.

So when are we getting an album annoucement?

 

whats the tea. i dont come in here often but I bop to Houdini on the daily. 

10 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Kinda a shame it's only 8/11 and not 11/11. Hope the remaining tracks are not by Ian or something.. I remember there being rumors of her working with Justice, would love them to have some production on the album

What's with the Ian hate? He's done some amazing work with dua, even scrapped unfinished cuts like "pretend I don't exist" sounded really well.

 

11 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Kinda a shame it's only 8/11 and not 11/11. Hope the remaining tracks are not by Ian or something.. I remember there being rumors of her working with Justice, would love them to have some production on the album

Hmm this is the first time I hear about the Justice rumor. Kevin is on their new album so lets hope its true :duca: Otherwise its def 3 tracks by Ian, Koz, Jeff Bhasker, Andrew Watt, etc

I don't think anyone hates Ian but I'm more interested on Dua trying different things and experimenting rather than working with the same producer that did many songs on FN.

btw talking about Dua's producers, the legend, KOZ unfollowed her on Instagram. Last Dance, HTH, LIYL, Begging, No Goodbyes, Physical, Levitating, Love Again... all these masterpieces, the end of an era :gaycat6: 

I remember she said that the direction of this album changed in 2022 (or 2021), so probably all of Ian, Andrew and Koz's productions won't be in the final cut. :cold1:

Edited by unclefloprry

1 hour ago, MaxMartin said:

What's with the Ian hate? He's done some amazing work with dua, even scrapped unfinished cuts like "pretend I don't exist" sounded really well.

 

It's not hate, he did his job on two albums, we can move on now. Especially since if you look at his recent releases with idk Kim, Troye, Miley, Olivia, Lizzo it's just straight up garbage and more garbage

 

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Hmm this is the first time I hear about the Justice rumor. Kevin is on their new album so lets hope its true :duca: Otherwise its def 3 tracks by Ian, Koz, Jeff Bhasker, Andrew Watt, etc

KOZ is definitely out too, but I forgot Jeff :jonny5: Hope he's on

Edited by BlackoutZone

11 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

It's not hate, he did his job on two albums, we can move on now. Especially since if you look at his recent releases with idk Kim, Troye, Miley, Olivia, Lizzo it's just straight up garbage and more garbage

 

KOZ is definitely out too, but I forgot Jeff :jonny5: Hope he's on

Well… hopefully his DL3 material sees the light of day one way or another (was kinda hyped for those songs after i heard they sounded like cherry) 

 

@BlackoutZoneBestie, any idea if GRADES’s DL3 songs were also scrapped? 

Edited by TayDuaStan

The way Houdini is clearing everything on my personal charts, this song is completly deep-throating me :jonny6: It'll be my #1 of all-time on Last fm in a couple weeks like it's nothing - and I'm not summing the generous streams on the Extended Edit or the repetitions I made on YouTube for the last 30 seconds. And I'm just sensing an iminnent awakening for the GP. The song is solidifying on streaming, performance incoming, CD/Vyinl shipping, everything is adding up for the song to go uphill in February and all this time was just a building up for that momentum. 

 

Yesterday I was having a full day of product launches in my (huge) company - in cosmetics, more specifically perfumes, on which Dua is a sponsor for Libre by Yves Saint Laurent. Well, in between brands Houdini was playing, meanwhile, YSL team introduced her by playing Houdini first minute of the video and in the end of all brands they played the whole song in high speakers to say goodbye - and several people were mumbling with on the way home. Houdini will definetly conquer, I just see it. 

 

I'm actually fully trusting her team vision now, while being excited for the real ride that we are about to start with this magnum opus.

Edited by tjspy

Don't count out Ian Kirkp., he CAN produce magic, just needs an artist with vision like Dua, he should QUIT letting lacklusters into his studio 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.