Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Shaner69 said:

I apologised in a taylor swift thread and banned. I'm not sure how this is ok because this is a forum. They are evil nobody is allowed to say anything. Regardless this is a smash. I'm shook over the hard and racist comments from swidt fans just because I'm black. 

 

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 740.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

47 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Not only the outro but also the intro should be extended with that catchy intro instrumental :jonny2:

I think I know what you're talking about, like those first few seconds need to be extended at least 10-15s, like start quiet then grow, and then when the main instrumental comes in I want each stem to and ontop of one another before the vocals start. Honestly a couple minute of growth could go in before her gorgeous lips even open to let out the words of the goddess

houdini extended??? i wanna hear that

 

release it new years weekend!! (OR WAY SOONER)

19 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

OVERALL:

#29 (+3) Houdini

Audience: 29.77M (+0.92M)

 

Top 30 :party:

Amazing 👏 

 

Also

 

6. (+11) Australian Airlplay

 

1. UK airplay (2nd week) 

Mariah is at #20 this week so probably in the next 2 weeks she will be on top 

48 minutes ago, 4th Time Around said:

Now that it has stablized, interesting to see the doom mongers and chart obsessed go silent. This thread will be much better without that nonsense anyway, I am used to it every time Dua drops a new song.

Warner is making huge tiktok spark ads campaign. Also it's already #1 on UK Airplay Chart and #2 european chart. It should rebounce soon. 

The problem with this song is that the word “Houdini” is very off putting.  It sounds ugly, phonetically.

 

 

52 minutes ago, Aslan said:

Down to #7 on official UK chart 

:clack:

 

We love a multi-week top 10 hit

:clack:

45 minutes ago, TeamThiem said:

The problem with this song is that the word “Houdini” is very off putting.  It sounds ugly, phonetically.

 

 

I dont see that problem

42 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Any news on the extended version? 

 

Eq8OO7rXUAA5ZVm.jpg

 

i think they should release only after the end of christimas season (for chart purposes, obviously) :coffee2:

Question: What exactly has she been doing in Japan so far other than doing vacation?

38 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Question: What exactly has she been doing in Japan so far other than doing vacation?

We’re back to regular programming I see

 

Twas a cute era

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Question: What exactly has she been doing in Japan so far other than doing vacation?

Well as I said a few days ago she has choices that weren’t there a few years ago.

 

However, in 2019 there was loads of TV in the U.K. Germany and the USA in Nov/Dec ( ok there’s a pass for the EMAs this year). In 2023 she’s done a party in London, one in LA ( and two non related awards shows), one in Tokyo ( for dozens?), radio in person in London/LA and a bunch of zoom radio interviews for the rest of the world, and has been in Japan apparently for 4/5 days filleting fish, dressing up in kimonos, crossing the road, and partying.

 

So either:

 

1) There’s something we don’t know and big things are to be revealed ( huge Far Eastern tv??), and all this is 5D chess we mere mortals can’t be expected to understand.

 

2) Loads is going to happen in January and powder is being kept dry, (in which case why launch in November??)

 

3) It’s a choice to avoid burn out (logical in the long run).

 

4)Actually the roll out really is lacking badly.

 

I genuinely have no idea which it is.

 

Her silence after releasing this, doesn't seem like the beginning of an era. :chick3:

btw, it's already my 2nd most streamed song of the year :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Question: What exactly has she been doing in Japan so far other than doing vacation?

MAMA Awards are taking place on November 28th and 29th in Tokyo, Japan

 

Just saying... :coffee:

 

Edited by Flomik

release the extended version along with a 7 inch vinyl so the gays can carry

I dont think she wants to perform yet 

 

She has this chill vibe since Houdini came out ... im not getting any ivebeennonstopinadancestudiopreparingforaspectacularperformance kind of energy ...

1 hour ago, Vermouth said:

 

 

2) Loads is going to happen in January and powder is being kept dry, (in which case why launch in November??)

I can almost assure you that this is the correct answer, statements from Warner make it sound like they have plans for a very ambitious rollout which I can only assume will really start kicking into gear once the holidays are over. As long as the song remains stable like it is doing right now, everything is going according to plan.

Edited by 4th Time Around

6 minutes ago, 4th Time Around said:

I can almost assure you that this is the correct answer, statements from Warner make it sound like they have plans for a very ambitious rollout which I can only assume will really start kicking into gear once the holidays are over. As long as the song remains stable like it is doing right now, everything is going according to plan.

In which case fair enough. Though it still seems odd to launch it in November then.

 

Hopefully, all works out.

8 minutes ago, 4th Time Around said:

I can almost assure you that this is the correct answer, statements from Warner make it sound like they have plans for a very ambitious rollout which I can only assume will really start kicking into gear once the holidays are over. As long as the song remains stable like it is doing right now, everything is going according to plan.

I can honestly see that statement just meaning they’re gonna bring out the whip and make her tour for 2/3 years

 

They say they wanted to have an era that lasts years, not that she’s gonna go all out for promo again 

Either way I’m disappointed with the rollout so far, I feel no connection to the song or the era (yet) whatsoever because it feels like she doesn’t either 

I suspect the rollout will be similar to FN, where the lead single was released on Halloween, the album was announced in December, and promo really picked up in the New Year until its release in March. I am personally not a fan of the long wait, but it worked for FN and judging by the release date of Houdini it seems like Warner might be trying to replicate that rollout.

Edited by sweetblindness

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.