Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

Backs Sorry but this in the club and radio is a banger. Dua wins sorry. 

 

The fad song is not going to last least Christmas

 

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 738.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

3 hours ago, Better Mistakes said:

I was expecting a Chained To The Rhythm size emergency judging by the comments in this thread… She’s doing just fine and will continue to smash 

You were expecting an emergency like a top 4 debut? I'm afraid we're looking much worse than that.

 

 

F82A84DA-1553-415E-80FE-EC38EF363742.thu

 

Predicted to debut at #16 in Germany tomorrow, her highest debut yet.

Previous debuts: #26 DSN, #39 Physical, #26 BHM, #96 Levitating, #69 DTN

It's funny that this is her biggest debut globally and she's a flop. 

Hello its s pop song? 

BBMA is teasing a surprise performance on Sunday

 

I think it will be Dua

 

She is in US, it would make sense.

 

96f90b5dfd4686da505893ceb23b486d013055f2

2 minutes ago, mike_int said:

BBMA is teasing a surprise performance on Sunday

 

I think it will be Dua

 

She is in US, it would make sense.

 

96f90b5dfd4686da505893ceb23b486d013055f2

It’s probably someone with a fanbase, like Nicki or something 

Let's see if the autoplay thingy kicks in tomorrow like it did with DTN after 6 days

14 minutes ago, mike_int said:

BBMA is teasing a surprise performance on Sunday

 

I think it will be Dua

 

She is in US, it would make sense.

 

96f90b5dfd4686da505893ceb23b486d013055f2

I kinda wish she would give a massive 1st live performance in Asia 

 

USA is not worthy 

18 minutes ago, mike_int said:

BBMA is teasing a surprise performance on Sunday

 

I think it will be Dua

 

She is in US, it would make sense.

 

96f90b5dfd4686da505893ceb23b486d013055f2

I really hope its her

I do get the feeling she’s burnt out from doing performances but then again… she had an entire year to recover from the FN Tour so there’s really no excuses :deadbanana2:

57 minutes ago, katara said:

Let's see if the autoplay thingy kicks in tomorrow like it did with DTN after 6 days

Not you guys openly hoping for even more payola :dies:

well if they had planned a performance at the EMAs it wouldn't be too unrealistic for them to be able to adjust it for the BBMAs?

I still don’t like this. It’s so mid and she kind of is too tbh. But yes it’s going to autoplayed to death. 

26 minutes ago, Babar2009 said:

I still don’t like this. It’s so mid and she kind of is too tbh. But yes it’s going to autoplayed to death. 

And because YOU don't like it any type of success will be looked at as "autoplay"? 

There’s always going to be that big chunk of America In between Los Angeles and New York, with a huge populace where radio adds/ steams also count and those people are far more likely to go “who is this person? I want Reba/ Morgan Wallen”. There is unfortunately no way to get around the demographics of people resident of those provincial regions.

39 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Not you guys openly hoping for even more payola :dies:

At least we have something we can wish payola for.

I’m starting to feel TAP management had some secret talent for massaging and targeting U.S. demographics using precision marketing information and techniques, that poor Dukagjin (by comparison) simply does not posess.

girls we dont need a bbma performance if we have dua interviewing one of the most powerful men in the world get TF up

 

she should perform HOUDINI on BBMA , the song is nowhere to be found on US APPLE top 200 

23 minutes ago, moech said:

she should perform HOUDINI on BBMA , the song is nowhere to be found on US APPLE top 200 

some dramatic performance, with magic trick, she could disappear after the middle8, then have dramatic break and then she would reappear for the final chorus and choreographed outro

 

2 hours ago, Babar2009 said:

I still don’t like this. It’s so mid and she kind of is too tbh. But yes it’s going to autoplayed to death. 

ODH

 

Just make a new hate thread lol or enjoy someone you care about? 

3 hours ago, Babar2009 said:

I still don’t like this. It’s so mid and she kind of is too tbh. But yes it’s going to autoplayed to death. 

To be fair, you need to have a very high IQ to appreciate Houdini and Dua's persona. The lyrics are subtle, and without a solid grasp of musical theory, most of the production and vocal layering will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Dua's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation - her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of this song, to realise they say something deep about LIFE.

I think yall can forget aboout getting a performance before New Years LOL

4 hours ago, katara said:

Let's see if the autoplay thingy kicks in tomorrow like it did with DTN after 6 days

What does auto play mean with a song. Is this for Spotify? 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.