Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Artists Often Reduced To One Hit?

Featured Replies

I think September is a good example of this. Cry For You is without a doubt her biggest hit by far but not the only one and dare I say, nowhere near even being her best.

 

Who else?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Most? I feel unless an artist is still active or really concerned with their legacy (or have a team preserving it), they all eventually get reduced to a single hit.

Anne-Marie
Ashanti
Ava Max
Bebe Rexha
Christina Milian
G-Eazy
Saweetie
Shawn Mendes

3 minutes ago, Dancehall Queen said:

Most? I feel unless an artist is still active or really concerned with their legacy (or have a team preserving it), they all eventually get reduced to a single hit.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that even most of the biggest hitmakers basically get reduced to 3-4 signature songs. Like no matter how many smashes you have, there will be no more than 4 songs that everybody knows / loves. 

Sam Smith

 

Even I thought they only had one hit. I was shocked

5 minutes ago, discosean said:

Anne-Marie

both "FRIENDS" and "2002" have 2B+ streams across Spotify & YouTube :redface:

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Kylie Minogue to that song she did 22 years ago

Girl… Kylie has a wide catalog of hits.

 

She just never established any mainstream success in the states outside of Fever.

12 minutes ago, discosean said:

Anne-Marie
Ashanti
Ava Max
Bebe Rexha
Christina Milian
G-Eazy
Saweetie
Shawn Mendes

which one?

19 minutes ago, discosean said:


Shawn Mendes

In what universe?

 

Look at his daily pull and come back to me

5 minutes ago, Orsay said:

Tones and I is the biggest example of a one hit wonder ever :rip:

the way it took an entire page to get an actual answer to OP's question :rip: this is it

 

She also has Bad Girls, but I'm pretty sure most people still only know her for Paper Planes

31 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Carly Rae Jepsen

THIS.

 

  • Author
1 minute ago, onapearl said:

 

She also has Bad Girls, but I'm pretty sure most people still only know her for Paper Planes

She should be known for XXXO instead!

5 minutes ago, Avariko said:

She should be known for XXXO instead!

In my head, that's the one that rounds out her hit trilogy

  • Author
2 minutes ago, onapearl said:

In my head, that's the one that rounds out her hit trilogy

As it should. Amazing song and MAYA is my fave album from her.

Edited by Avariko

Carly Rae Jepsen

Owl City

 

Ironically these two had a hit collab together but most people would only them for Call Me Maybe and Fireflies respectively.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.