Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, Flomik said:

in all fairness what else is there to discuss? February in general was pretty uneventful except for STAYC's kidz bop smashery

we need some new scandals or something because it's getting stale in here

ย 

amymikesnatch.gif

Garam solo debut whenย 

ย 

spacer.png

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!ย  ย  MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then? ย  I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel.ย now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now.ย 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at allย 

6 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

We talk about changes between gens a lot in here on a superficial level but it's actually baffling how k-pop has gotten MORE conservative over the past 20 years instead of less. And like, significantly, too. It's so, so weird :deadbanana2:ย I think it has something to do with internationalization and Twitter/TikTok teen puritanical culture combined with the rising importance of branding and sponsorships or something but I'm not prepared to write that essay.

ย 

Also, if we're on the subject of GaIn, I still think Bloom is one of the best and most unique k-pop songs ever made. Incredible, amazing, showstopping, etc.

ย 

ย 

Itโ€™s also to do with the fact that kpop idols are debuting more and more young nowadays and kpop is also reaching a much younger demographic. But thatโ€™s not stopping these companies to have suggestive subject matter though, itโ€™s just more veiled and subtle nowadays and presented in the form of teen pop and mixed with a lot of other aspects.ย 

Edited by Witnessed ET

something mustโ€™ve triggered some body dysmorphia in Nayeon recently because the sisโ€™s face is PUMPED and the teeth are GLUED

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

ย 

Yeah we're never getting this kinda concept againย :redface:

ย 

ย 

Oncers letโ€™s goย :party:

ย 

I havenโ€™t listened to any samples or teasers to prolong the excitementย :eli:

ย 

but after this can they maybe start Jihyoโ€™s solo promoย 

twice comeback todayย :WAP:ย I'm so excited I hope jeongyeon will get more lines (spoiler she wont) and we get basics kind of bop in this album:wanda:

16 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Itโ€™s also to do with the fact that kpop idols are debuting more and more young nowadays and kpop is also reaching a much younger demographic.ย 

Kpop idols were always young. Shinee, Miss A, FX, SNSD, Girls Day, Apink have members debuting at 15. The youngest were always the most popular too.ย 

Edited by dangerlady

41 minutes ago, xrosup said:

Oh yeah I skip the ballad when I listen to the album, but even then it's not offensively bad like every other ballad from other groups. I'm kinda stanning them this era, the music is so so so good and I'm revisiting their old music now too and they have a solid 20 good songs as of now :jonny:ย 

I know, they have several good songs, I'm not a fan of their noise eras but their gay bops stomp, Cloud 9, Ooh Aah, Hot Air Ballon, Divin', Grand Prix, Knock Knock, Colorful, etc. I also appreciate their vocals, they are very good, love those twinks.

1 hour ago, JoanneActII said:

ย 

ย 

Jaehyunย :jonny:ย 

He is such a good match for Prada, boy looks expensive

1 hour ago, fauxtography said:

perched for jimmy fallon :jonny5:

ย 

i really hope the US promo pays off! :jonny5:

When is miss Jimmy airing?ย 
ย 

Iโ€™m so excitedย :chick1:ย Twice should rly stick to this once a year release schedule to help build the hype.


ย 

ย 

Iโ€™m still confused WTF the MV will look like tbhย :rip:

So is anyone important that is coming back today? FIFTY FIFTY or something?

48 minutes ago, starstruckaj said:

Yeah we're never getting this kinda concept againย :redface:

ย 

ย 

Forgot her name but I remember being hypnotized by the โ€œyobuseoโ€ girl who starts the 2nd verse

3 hours ago, starstruckaj said:

Ughh I love Sixth Sense but now I always think of the Lovelyz cover on Queendomย :gaycat7:ย They just couldn't serve cvnt like BEG but I applaud them for trying something different when they had the chance

ย 

Also sad we never got a 3rd gen version of this and there's no way 4th gen would touch something like this

ย 

ย 

one of the most iconic kpop songs omfg. Praying some tik toker uses the chorus one day and it goes viralย :jonny5:

ย 

3 hours ago, Zack said:

I was reviewing some old 2nd gen performances and I got a SHOCK.

ย 

The way everyone was out there singing with raw LIVE vocals and low backtracks while doing full choreo, like even the groups who traditionally weren't known for their singing were also doing it too.

ย 

The current gens have fallen down very far in this particular aspect. Wow.

ย 

ย 

god 2nd gen kpop is just so next levelย :jonny5:

1 hour ago, dangerlady said:

Kpop idols were always young. Shinee, Miss A, FX, SNSD, Girls Day, Apink have members debuting at 15. The youngest were always the most popular too.ย 

There were young idols yes, always have been, but there was still a balance between them and older idols compared to now where you have to search for anyone older than 25 or even 20 in these new groups.ย 

1 hour ago, jeanie said:

twice comeback todayย :WAP:ย I'm so excited I hope jeongyeon will get more lines (spoiler she wont) and we get basics kind of bop in this album:wanda:

Donโ€™t we all wish that every comeback (and get clowned when she doesnโ€™t)ย :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, dangerlady said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

***** they look goodย :jonny6:

Jeongyeonโ€™s outfit is kinda new for her tbhย 

I guess the reason why APRIL was meant to become big at some point.

ย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

When is miss Jimmy airing?ย 
ย 

Iโ€™m so excitedย :chick1:ย Twice should rly stick to this once a year release schedule to help build the hype.


ย 

ย 

Iโ€™m still confused WTF the MV will look like tbhย :rip:

Jimmy started 15 minutes ago, its 40 minutes so they should play in about 15ish???

Praying that Momoriah and Chaeyoung get the most linesย 

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Praying that Momoriah and Chaeyoung get the most linesย 

all I hope forย :jonny5:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.