Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

48 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

they’re taking it :clap3:

 

The way we counted the girls out with their catchy kids bop and now they're rising. I'd love to see both Teddy Bear and Poppy be hits or at least moderate hits.

57 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

If you could cleanse the whole SM roster who would you remove then? 
5f7c7055fd9a08253348b1b0_lopezdilemma.gi

Most tbh.

 

I think a good 2023 SM roster would be:

 

Red Velvet (one comeback a year - Birthday should have never happened)

aespa

NCT Dream

NCT127 (to disband at renewals)

New Boygroup (not associated with NCT brand)

New girlgroup (filling spot of RV transitioning to legacy as they approach 10th year)

Taeyeon

Joy Solo 

 

2024 SM would be:

 

Red Velvet (disbanding/legacy after 10th anniversary comeback aka comeback only at major intervals 15th and 20th anniversaries)

aespa

NCT Dream

NBG

NGG

Taeyeon

Joy (if an original comeback in 2023 was a hit)

 

2025 SM:

 

aespa

NCT Dream

NBG

NGG

NBG2 (additional boygroup not in NCT brand)

Taeyeon

Joy (if 2024 comeback was a hit)

 

 

All the irrelevant DJ HYO, Super Junior, and SHINee stuff would go in a waste bin... The fact that Key got a repackage to his 2nd full album when no one listened to the original album... Make it make sense. His new title track is at...500k streams. I-

 

5f7c7055fd9a08253348b1b0_lopezdilemma.gi

I’m following kpop news from afar, but the impression I got is that SM is in a downright spiral. 
 

I just saw tweets about Taeyeon and Aespa releasing in April. I fear for the quality of the music. :dancehall:

 

if aespa is releasing their new album 2 months after performing the songs... SM is in need of new management and I'm in favor of anyone taking over :rip: 

well that was the most unhinged **** i've ever read :bird: some of yall are very weird and ageist

5 hours ago, saucy said:

Looks cute. Giving up on her childhood paid off! 

 

New jeans image suits her way more imo since she is so young. So of her styling in lesserafim is too mature. 

I agree. Actually, people have been saying it since the day NewJeans debuted that Eunchae belongs in NJ more than LSRF

Stayc released something for the kids JUST to get a hit and unfortunately it seems to be working 

 

Very sad and desperate IMO 

Edited by Take Me Apart

3 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Don’t @ me for the problematic but if these groups are gonna put out English songs, why aren’t they having someone who speaks English sit in on the recording to fix the embarrassing pronunciation issues?

 

it would’ve been so easy to have someone say “hey, that ain’t right, let’s try that again” when JEONGYEON sang “I need your cøck right now” in Moonlight Sunrise

 

spacer.png

I know the English in kpop should be kept at a minimum, but Moonlight Sunrise is one of the few finer examples of GOOD use of English in kpop in terms of pronunciation, grammar, less cringe and other aspects DESPITE not having a fluent speaker in the group. 

Now speaking of the “I need your c0ck right now” line, I’m 99% convinced it was intentional to invoke a reaction from the listener :gaycat2:

 

and if we’re talking about weird ass English lyrics in kpop, the recent one that comes to my mind is:

 

You make it feel me good

Do you wanna upside down?

You make it feel me good

Don’t you wanna up and down?

 

like what the hell :dies: and as much as I love that remake of that song, it’s filled with random words and phrases like that

spacer.png

All those SM exposé just further proved that SM is rotten internally:rip: At the end of day no matter KaKao or Hybe take control, I’m expecting a total purge!

They really want to get ruined by HYBE lol, imagine talking s**t about your future boss. Do SM staff/workers think they work for the government or something? Thought I can understand how desperate the powerful people from sm are, it's not a matter of monopoly and blah blah, it is matter of money (their money). 

If you are a grown as* adult, you know those companies who say they are like a family are usually a red flag :deadbanana4: and I think everybody know how SM treated Woollin and all the acts that left that company. 

 

I do agree Hype needs to stop with its greed, but these statements from SM are so hypocritical, for example, they weren't mad about Kakaos monopoly lol.

I don’t mind SM keeping all their solo and older acts - I mean they are somehow capable to give everyone a comeback or two a year with their big rooster, things got messy just recently so they have some cleaning to do but I believe they should be able to keep it going 

 

I think it’s part of their brand, it keeps them apart from other companies - they won’t dump the act once it loses the steam or gets older 

 

I mean, if the act can tour it’s still profitable and kpop is inflated, lets remember that - like who in the west is pulling even 300k sales? let Key, Onew and other solo flop SM’s acts sell 50-100k albums and then have some gigs in Korea and Japan - they will earn their money, I believe 

6 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

Stayc released something for the kids JUST to get a hit and unfortunately it seems to be working 

 

Very sad and desperate IMO 

The sneaker print is too strong I fear

 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

IVE vs AESPA vs LE SSERAFIM in April :jonny5:

IU with her spring single and NJWS with a 2nd mini better butt in and it would be a WAR :jonny5:

4 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

and if we’re talking about weird ass English lyrics in kpop, the recent one that comes to my mind is:

 

You make it feel me good

Do you wanna upside down?

You make it feel me good

Don’t you wanna up and down?

 

like what the hell :dies: and as much as I love that remake of that song, it’s filled with random words and phrases like that

spacer.png

I love this part, it just sounds so good :rip: it reminds me of Ariana having beef with Max Martin over grammatical correctness of her lyrics 

 

also it’s followed by iconic 

 

I’m in twilight zone 

 

which elevates it even more! 

7 hours ago, WhalieX said:

:gaygacat4:

yessss, when they pull a newjeans and both songs enter the top 10  :jonnycat:

Poppy is top 10 material, but I'm not convinced about teddy bear, at least i liked it more than beautiful monster. 

I need a full performance of this with all 7 members now!

they ATE this up!! :flame:

 

 

 

Edited by Mel.

3 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

ae1 on april :WAP:

taeyeon :WAP:

nct unit :WAP:

nct soloist :WAP:

shinee :WAP:

 

 

Ae1 better have 12 tracks at least! Since I'm sure NL will already take 1 of the spot in the tracklist. 

I can’t tell who’ll be the main dancer in BABYMONSTER

the way none of them are lacking, they could all be main dancer material :clap3:

 

you can’t really say that for a lot of groups. A group of MONSTERS indeed :flame:

Idols reacting to BLACKPINK vs BLACKPINK @ the Circle Chart Awards. They gagged lmaooo

 

 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.