Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

19 minutes ago, xrosup said:

There is one

 

 

dionne3.gif

time to start using it

dionne3.gif

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

Whew, he's so handsome. Brooding, dark eyes, a whole world of mystery waiting to be unwrapped I'm sure. :jonnycat:

idk if the industry could ever be saved if HYBE or his bandmates with twisted body image ever pressure Kai into getting any plastic surgery

 

spacer.png

 Not us being saved from a collab with Swae Lee :rip: The only time SM's a&r team was useful in 2022

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

Interesting video analyzing itzy and the potential future of the 4th gen

 

I see itzy's fate potentially being new jeans's or aespa's if the market becomes oversaturated with the y2K or cyber nft concept

Edited by New Edition

I don't think they'll conform with korean shows, XG is doing great with the international fans if the Boyz, Loona, Dreamcatcher and KARD all toured last year I believe XG could do much better if they do their job

27 minutes ago, New Edition said:

 

Interesting video analyzing itzy and the potential future of the 4th gen

 

I see itzy's fate potentially being new jeans's or aespa's if the market becomes oversaturated with the y2K or cyber nft concept

The members are well known enough, Yuna and Chaeryoung having hot moments over the last year proves that. Unlike Twice they haven’t over saturated their image so I still think there is a chance they could bounce back. 
 

JYP just needs a decent song and focus on the performance side since that’s what they excel at..

Wonyoung's wig is not safe. 100k+ more to surpass her. 

 

Sakura keeps winning :coffee2:

 

1 hour ago, New Edition said:

 

Interesting video analyzing itzy and the potential future of the 4th gen

 

I see itzy's fate potentially being new jeans's or aespa's if the market becomes oversaturated with the y2K or cyber nft concept

i think their downfall was more than their concept being popular though. it's not like that stopped blackpink when everyone was doing girl crush, or twice (until recently) when everyone was going for the cute/innocent vibe.

i really don't think it's more than their concept coming off as too repetitive (le sserafim for example talk about being confident in less direct/cringy ways and no one complains), the music being bad/title track choices being questionable, competition from other 4th gen groups and lack of solo promotion :skull:

Edited by Billionaire

4 hours ago, sugarshine said:

I hope they mainly target Japan and the West. I feel like they have more potential there. It seems like there are many Japanese people who are proud of them and want to support! Especially since there aren't many Japanese groups like XG with the way they carry and present themselves. There just needs to be a bigger push. I'm excited for potential Japanese and Korean releases this year, maybe even a proper American debut? :duca:

I think XGALX's strategy is strange so far. Who are they actually aiming to? Who is the core audience? They are an all-Japanese girl group, yet don't promote in Japan. They have a Korean production team and promote in Korea, yet don't sing in Korean. They don't promote internationally, yet only sing in English. 

 

I'd also question if a Korean XG release is the best idea after their CEO's comments about Korea/K-Pop and the backlash. They would be better to partner with a western label and try to appear on international shows instead, to increase streaming numbers/sales.

 

In Japan, it would be a very difficult battle against Nogizaka46, Perfume, AKB48 etc. which is why I think XGALX turned to Korea/internationally in the first place. 

1 hour ago, karlo_98 said:

Wonyoung's wig is not safe. 100k+ more to surpass her. 

 

Sakura keeps winning :coffee2:

 

I didn’t even know any of them had solo Instagram accounts

 

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, Zack said:

I think XGALX's strategy is strange so far. Who are they actually aiming to? Who is the core audience? They are an all-Japanese girl group, yet don't promote in Japan. They have a Korean production team and promote in Korea, yet don't sing in Korean. They don't promote internationally, yet only sing in English. 

 

I'd also question if a Korean XG release is the best idea after their CEO's comments about Korea/K-Pop and the backlash. They would be better to partner with a western label and try to appear on international shows instead, to increase streaming numbers/sales.

 

In Japan, it would be a very difficult battle against Nogizaka46, Perfume, AKB48 etc. which is why I think XGALX turned to Korea/internationally in the first place. 

They're not targeting any country in specific, just the kpop niche itself. Basically just using the kpop system to be succesful within its fanbase... without being kpop, just look at what the avex ceo said about them
Fotvk0GaUAAxA-g?format=jpg&name=900x900

58 minutes ago, PerfectSacrifice said:

Sieun's main slayer genes has to come from somewhere you know :clap3:

aespa, STAYC, NMIXX, Kep1er, Enhypen, Seventeen’s BSS and TXT all performing at the Circle Chart Music Awards tonight :celestial5:

V8QyfaO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

 

I SWITCH! From now on I'll be a dedicated Iqueen defender :WAP:

Ok serve a bit :WAP: 

They must be paid WELL to do such an extensive commercial like this 

 

 

whoever decided it was a good idea to insert the police siren sounds at the end of CASE 143 ain't seeing heaven

 

Sirens, car horns, etc. in songs should be banned for causing heart attacks

 

dionne3.gif

Now PNation trying to make up for its lack of management.

 

 

HYBE booking NewJeans Zane Lowe interviews with Apple Music already. You can already tell the next comeback is going to be a heavy push stateside. They'll probably promote in person in the U.S. (morning shows, late night talk shows, etc) in a few months

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.