Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, LiamVillain said:

[DEBUT] #JENNIE’s ‘YOU & ME’ 14:00 KST: 

#18 Genie
#22 Bugs
#78 MelOn

 

[CHARTS] #NCT127 "Fact Check" — 14:00 KST 

#20 MelOn [NEW]
#46 Genie [NEW]
#1 Bugs [NEW]

 

[CHARTS] #IVE "Off The Record" — 14:00 KST 

#78 Genie [NEW]
#62 Bugs [NEW]

 

NCT won? :redface:

The only song who will end up in the top 10 daily chart will be IVE 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

36 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

friday release was a terrible choice though, especially considering there aren’t doing any promo for some reason

now they are going to bomb on both korean charts & spotify

:suburban:

what i said

:suburban:

Teddy and this Lanassification in Kpop needs to retire. Leave those as bsides or let singers like TaeYAWN have them:supaspaz:

4 minutes ago, Adama said:

IVE didn’t debut on melon :deadbanana4:! The 1pm release idea was a SABOTAGE :rip:! They will obviously won later but I hate starshit 

starship randomly deciding to end IVE’s career after the two smashes Kitsch & I AM

 

they are not promoting this in korea so i doubt it will do much on the charts

no US promotion either

:clack:

Starship set them up I'm crying lmaooo ive will certainly win the longevity game tho and I'm not surprised nct debuted that high they have a big fandom but they will flop longevity wise as always

4 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

What tf is going on? NCT debuting higher above all this women, this can't be real  :biblio:

talent winning

UsrOgJP.gif

newjeans the only 4th gen gg who can make Friday releases work i guess but still girl groups should not do Friday releases unless you're blackpink or something

Love Dive > I AM = Eleven > After Like > Off The Record > Kitsch = Either Way

:clack:

5 minutes ago, Adama said:

The only song who will end up in the top 10 daily chart will be IVE 

thats very confident considering their last single didnt

UsrOgJP.gif

23 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

i asked him about the thread title two days ago and he said yes :gaycat:

Stay away from my man @Ryan 

 

:khalyan2:

Baddie being a friday release makes the most sense (it actually doesn’t but whatever) but why OTR too?

what was the thought process behind this whole comeback

:khalyan2:

Love IVE but that was offensive. I was in disbelief when I heard that generic mess instead of the ethereal & dreamy sound in the teaser. 

 

It's not bad but disappointing.

 

 

12 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

[DEBUT] #JENNIE’s ‘YOU & ME’ 14:00 KST: 

#18 Genie
#22 Bugs
#78 MelOn

 

[CHARTS] #NCT127 "Fact Check" — 14:00 KST 

#20 MelOn [NEW]
#46 Genie [NEW]
#1 Bugs [NEW]

 

[CHARTS] #IVE "Off The Record" — 14:00 KST 

#78 Genie [NEW]
#62 Bugs [NEW]

 

NCT won? :redface:

NCT really did that :deadbanana2:

Just now, IvyTower said:

Stay away from my man @Ryan 

 

:khalyan2:

i’m a straight girl

:khalyan2:

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

r-fFGdOcSYOOe_88g9IFs6X5w-GvDTn2NZYGhCfZ

 

the title track is produced by Rock Mafia

 

their Can't Be Tamed is coming

 

 

1 good track (Blue Spring), 1 mid track (Whack for More), 1 dud track (Dud It Like That). It's unlikely this is gonna beat their last full album The Chaos Chapter in terms of quality, but hoping the B-Sides would compensate A LOT at least for what the singles have failed to deliver :monkey:

14 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

5 Star repackage confirmed. I like that it was named 樂 Star cause it sounds like Rock Star when pronounced in Korean and 樂 was meaning fun or happy in Chinese.

this kind of western bedroom pop sound just doesn’t work for IVE, they’re your stereotypical k-pop group and should be given songs that fit this aesthetic. 

Off the Record is catchy but it's missing something

 

Lately, I'm noticing IVE's production has become mellow. Like Either Way and OTR are missing that IVE factor...

Kitsch > Love Dive > Eleven > I Am > After Like > Either Way = / = Off the Record 

 

 

I fear this might be IVE's Girls era and this is me putting Girls as Aespa's 2nd best title track.  They need to pull Illusion at least, we will be waiting  :celestial6:

6 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

starship randomly deciding to end IVE’s career after the two smashes Kitsch & I AM

 

they are not promoting this in korea so i doubt it will do much on the charts

no US promotion either

:clack:

I spoke multiple times on how much I hate these type of strategy! 
First with itzy, then aespa and now IVE. Stop chasing the billboard hot 100! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN for god sake, focus on Korean chart :ace:! I could have understood if it was an album release but it’s not. 
 

3 minutes ago, Sugden said:


thats very confident considering their last single didnt

UsrOgJP.gif

You will see once the promo start :coffee2: 

ive going from ava max/bebe rexha pop to indie pop makes no sense :celestial5:

Off The Record feel more instant than Either Way that's for sure and I pretty appreciate they did something different this time around but I can't help that the indie bedroom pop sound didn't suit IVE pretty well. We need more songs like Love Dive and Blue Blood cause that's what IVE we known on the 1st place.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.