Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

american artists do what lucas did constantly who cares? k-pop fans are such snow flakes. :penguin:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

Just now, Fanta said:

american artists do what lucas did constantly who cares? k-pop fans are such snow flakes. :penguin:

The fanbases are polar opposites which is why it's such a huge fuss with these fans compared to the US nnn

 

The fact that dating is considered a scandal says it all :deadvision:

4 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Genuine question: when was the last time a GG gave us an actual full album? Other than BP(and let’s be honest……lol) or a few Japanese releases like…….

 

I miss full albums so much. I know it was kinda rare in general back in the day but like…..remember 2015/2016? Literally so many groups released full (and classic) albums and now…..another single album from STAYC. Another mini from AESPA……like……..the laziness is too much 

Twice released formula of love in 2021 i think that’s it?:penguin:

4 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Genuine question: when was the last time a GG gave us an actual full album? Other than BP(and let’s be honest……lol) or a few Japanese releases like…….

 

I miss full albums so much. I know it was kinda rare in general back in the day but like…..remember 2015/2016? Literally so many groups released full (and classic) albums and now…..another single album from STAYC. Another mini from AESPA……like……..the laziness is too much 

beside blackpink it's probably girls generation :deadbanana4: 

 

OT: yall are disgusting defending a man with SA allegations.

9 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Genuine question: when was the last time a GG gave us an actual full album? Other than BP(and let’s be honest……lol) or a few Japanese releases like…….

 

I miss full albums so much. I know it was kinda rare in general back in the day but like…..remember 2015/2016? Literally so many groups released full (and classic) albums and now…..another single album from STAYC. Another mini from AESPA……like……..the laziness is too much 

I thought it was a full? Is it confirmed it's a mini?

8 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Genuine question: when was the last time a GG gave us an actual full album? Other than BP(and let’s be honest……lol) or a few Japanese releases like…….

 

I miss full albums so much. I know it was kinda rare in general back in the day but like…..remember 2015/2016? Literally so many groups released full (and classic) albums and now…..another single album from STAYC. Another mini from AESPA……like……..the laziness is too much 

It’s still early for most of fourth gen but IVE, ITZY, Aespa and STAYC are all due this year. We won’t see most fourth gen groups getting full albums until next year.

Little Acid Angels/TripleStans - are we ever getting the finished version of this bop or was it scrapped?

 

 

1 minute ago, Gwendolyn said:

Lucas is still a shooter :deadbanana2:

I've heard this too. hawt

4 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Twice released formula of love in 2021 i think that’s it?:penguin:

Omg I was literally gonna say I forgot about Formula of Love……..which absolutely sucked :rip:

 

And that’s literally it :skull: GOD that’s insane 

 

Kpop is bigger than EVER before and have more resources than ever to get amazing producers for so many songs and yet…….

 

idgi

3 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

Little Acid Angels/TripleStans - are we ever getting the finished version of this bop or was it scrapped?

 

 

the main theory is that every unit will get their own version of Dimension and they'll be mixed together in the full version once OT24 debuts

12 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It’s still early for most of fourth gen but IVE, ITZY, Aespa and STAYC are all due this year. We won’t see most fourth gen groups getting full albums until next year.

Which won’t be happening lmao 

22 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Genuine question: when was the last time a GG gave us an actual full album? Other than BP(and let’s be honest……lol) or a few Japanese releases like…….

 

I miss full albums so much. I know it was kinda rare in general back in the day but like…..remember 2015/2016? Literally so many groups released full (and classic) albums and now…..another single album from STAYC. Another mini from AESPA……like……..the laziness is too much 

ITZY’s Crazy In Love is a full album

There's no point in releasing a full album which will sell 2M when you can sell a single album that sells 1.2M :michael:

23 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Genuine question: when was the last time a GG gave us an actual full album? Other than BP(and let’s be honest……lol) or a few Japanese releases like…….

 

I miss full albums so much. I know it was kinda rare in general back in the day but like…..remember 2015/2016? Literally so many groups released full (and classic) albums and now…..another single album from STAYC. Another mini from AESPA……like……..the laziness is too much 

I feel like full albums were very often back in 2nd gen, even f(x) managed to get 4 albums. I can bet most of the 4th gen acts will go through their whole contracts with just 2. :rip: 

Lucas always has onlyfan to fall back to - in fact he will probably make way more money than he ever will from NCT if he’s interested in such endeavor. 
 

Lucas kinda is what the fish lip dude from TwinkXTwink wants to look like. Bet he took Lucas pic to Dr Kim and asked for the same lips spacer.png
spacer.png

Edited by Kh-Loud

Just now, Flomik said:

ITZY’s Crazy In Love is a full album

Never heard of it


spacer.png

 

34 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Genuine question: when was the last time a GG gave us an actual full album? Other than BP(and let’s be honest……lol) or a few Japanese releases like…….

 

I miss full albums so much. I know it was kinda rare in general back in the day but like…..remember 2015/2016? Literally so many groups released full (and classic) albums and now…..another single album from STAYC. Another mini from AESPA……like……..the laziness is too much 

Idle's I Never Die, I guess?

10 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

There's no point in releasing a full album which will sell 2M when you can sell a single album that sells 1.2M :michael:

Aren’t you a MUSIC FAN? Dont u want more MUSIC from your groups? Are these Kpop labels paying your bills? Naw. Full albums should be a regular thing PERIOD. Even Jpop artists/groups release way more full albums. 
 

Were second gen groups selling 1.2 million albums regularly? No. And yet…….they have actual classic A L B U M S under their belt. There’s no excuse tbh

6 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Aren’t you a MUSIC FAN? Dont u want more MUSIC from your groups? Are these Kpop labels paying your bills? Naw. Full albums should be a regular thing PERIOD. Even Jpop artists/groups release way more full albums. 
 

Were second gen groups selling 1.2 million albums regularly? No. And yet…….they have actual classic A L B U M S under their belt. There’s no excuse tbh

I don't think they were defending this business model :rip: it's just that it's more profitable. Kpop was never about the music, back then they made full albums because fans bought more of those. Today you'll still have 10 Chinese fanbases buying a million copies even if it's a single album, so the full album investment is not worth it

I do love a full lenght moment, but it's pretty pointless with how the industry moved imo.

Not only from a business standpoint it's more profitable putting out minis, but as a fan there's just not that much of a difference. You will get the same single title track, very rarely a double title from either models and the album tracks sitting there that will never be played live.

Edited by mathekr

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.