Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

41 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Not some of you Sheep coming for JYP ggs sales?  What's wrong with y'all? The way some of you just can't accept that JYP groups are successful. Like if aespa or Red Velvet are selling 1M with an album, why shouldn't ITZY or TWICE? :deadbanana2:TWICE are bigger than anything that has ever came out of SM, so some of you better humble yourselves especially Mr. Zack Jung. 

 

Sheep mentality: 

 

*RV sells 1M*:

Sheep: "omg queens, look at their longevity" :duca:

 

*TWICE who's way bigger than RV, sells 1M*

 

Sheep: "Something is fishy with JYP and the sales are probably fake" 

 

 

I don't think some of you Sheep get through your heads that the gap between TWICE and Red Velvet is actually big, and that Red Velvet are closer to MAMAMOO's level than TWICE's. 

 

And that newaespa user better keep it cute cause he literally dragged Red Velvet the other day unprovoked, so he shouldn't act like cares about Red Velvet all of a sudden :priceless:

 

And also JYP has the 2nd biggest roster right now after HYBE :celestial5:

 

By what metric? Longevity, number of active acts, or measuring success? Not going up for SM for anything, but it’s just that bit that was sort of unclear.

 

In any event, it couldn’t possibly be either of the former two, and the latter could be a matter of subjectivity if it wasn’t literally just TWICE doing all the hard-carrying. 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

4 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Im sorry but how is TWICE bigger than EXO? 

 

EXO has more hits, several million sellers, one of the biggest soloists and remained relevant FOR A DECADE unlike TWICE who were over by their fourth year

 

 

I'm convinced that some of you truly don't read posts in here and just write **** cause I literally just answered that :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

 

I'm convinced that some of you truly don't read posts in here and just write **** cause I literally just answered that :deadbanana2:

You cant use the stadiums argument when EXO hasnt toured in YEARS

6 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I found a comment under the post 

It was from the album "ODDINARY" which is a mashup of "odd" and "ordinary"

Oh wow. Love it :clap3:

Twice is done in Korea but they are big WW, not BTS or BP levels but they are still ahead of a lot of others GG. 

 

Red Velvet is more stable and bigger in Korea atm.

 

Itzy are flops lately (Korea and WW) and Nmixx are flops and frauds even in Mixxxtopia or whatever their Kwangya world is named.

19 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

By what metric? Longevity, number of active acts, or measuring success? Not going up for SM for anything, but it’s just that bit that was sort of unclear.

 

In any event, it couldn’t possibly be either of the former two, and the latter could be a matter of subjectivity if it wasn’t literally just TWICE doing all the hard-carrying. 

When I wrote "right now" I meant number of active popular acts in the company. 

JYP has TWICE, Stray Kids, ITZY, NMIXX who are all huge album sellers which is something JYP values the most. 

 

TWICE is TWICE. Stray Kids are arguably the biggest active bg right now along with Seventeen. ITZY are still popular and can bounce back any time, and NMIXX are also coming. 

 

14 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

You cant use the stadiums argument when EXO hasnt toured in YEARS

That's because EXO are shelved and are over while TWICE aren't :sorry:

 

14 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Oh wow. Love it :clap3:

Stream Oddinary for clear skin and a new season of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure :alexz:

 

Edited by Pluto2022

 

the way Pretty Savage and Typa Girl did SO much on Armpits they will token stan ANYTHING.

 

 

 

that being said "born skinny *****" one of the best and most empowering kpop lyrics ever :ducky:

39 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Sorry but what the **** is this picture :deadbanana4:

 

Screenshot-1.jpg

 

Their shadows are giving Teletubbies :ahh: Is it a part of the concept?

we dont talk about it

10 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Also.. feeling like a terrible stay/engene for the lack of activity here as of recent, my personal life has been so busy I haven't been able to spam achievements or drag antis.. sorry @xrosup @Pluto2022 :heart2:

we're boy groups, we dont need to spam achievements. we just post sexy pictures

 

michael-jackson.gif

 

 

Anyway, Enhypen's visuals this era are insane. I hope the music matches the visuals because I'm soaked.

 

and all of the snippets of Skz album sound like doody so far and I'm not sold on the visual concept but we shall see

 

michael-jackson.gif

 

why are these dummies releasing a DVD of their previous tour from a year ago now when they already filmed their CURRENT tour

 

michael-jackson.gif


i told myself I ain’t gonna be checking this group because my man Jay didn’t make it, but I might take a peek if this boy serves whatever he served in this gif

spacer.png

The amount of fan wars between SKZ and IVE stans right now due to the greeting controversy :deadbanana2: Stays vs Dives better not become the Blinks vs Armys of 4th gen :biblio:

 

Bang Me Chan, it's all your fault :deadbanana2:

 

Edited by Pluto2022

3 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:


i told myself I ain’t gonna be checking this group because my man Jay didn’t make it, but I might take a peek if this boy serves whatever he served in this gif

spacer.png

I'm checking on them for Kim Jiwoong and the fact that 50% of them are flaming

 

I hope they get to peak stardom and then come out, leaving corria completely shook

 

giphy.gif

 

By the way, since Eurovision took place recently, I think Stray Kids would EATTTT this song so hard :jonny5:

Korea would be GAGGED with this noisy-hyperpop-rave-rock-j-pop excellence 

 

 

 

 

 

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

The amount of fan wars between SKZ and IVE stans right now due to this because of the greeting controversy :deadbanana2: Stays vs Dives better not become the Blinks vs Armys of 4th gen :biblio:

I heard a rumour wonyoung sniffs her own farts, pass it on

 

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Also.. feeling like a terrible stay/engene for the lack of activity here as of recent, my personal life has been so busy I haven't been able to spam achievements or drag antis.. sorry @xrosup @Pluto2022 :heart2:

Girl it's fine, take your time :heart: we got Pluto here spamming achievements (our own Mel., we love you Pluto) and Mitsuki was defending Chan's honor the other day

 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

 

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

The amount of fan wars between SKZ and IVE stans right now due to this because of the greeting controversy :deadbanana2: Stays vs Dives better not become the Blinks vs Armys of 4th gen :biblio:

He should've just sat there and ate his food

 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

 

 

 

the way I could watch Pinkchella over and over again :jonny5: It should be on every idols Concept board period including BP's.

 

What I always said about back up dancers is that just doing the same choreo as the main performer doesn’t elevate the artists performance. As a backup dancer you need to put focus on the actual artist by accentuating. 

5 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The amount of fan wars between SKZ and IVE stans right now due to the greeting controversy :deadbanana2: Stays vs Dives better not become the Blinks vs Armys of 4th gen :biblio:

 

why is miss Bang Chan even upset. He literally grew up in Australia

43 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Not yet

 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

 

 

Also not you bragging about HOT100 when the chart peak in question is like #93 :laugh:

it was a Top 90 smash and not everybody has that

 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

 

TWICE were the OG female album seller revivalists, like how EXO were in the BG department :jonny5:

5 minutes ago, Flomik said:

By the way, since Eurovision took place recently, I think Stray Kids would EATTTT this song so hard :jonny5:

Korea would be GAGGED with this noisy-hyperpop-rave-rock-j-pop excellence 

 

 

 

 

 

Cha Cha Cha is SO KPOP coded It‘s INSANE. The "rap verse" in the second verse sounds so much like kpop BG 

1 minute ago, WeFoundWill said:

Cha Cha Cha is SO KPOP coded It‘s INSANE. The "rap verse" in the second verse sounds so much like kpop BG 

+ the second part of the song is giving early TWICE-AKB48 cuteness

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.