Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

SPICY :msmarvel:

 

for those who couldn’t wait to say aespa “does hyperpop” this is probably the closest they’ve actually come to a hyperpop track. that instrumental is insane

Maybe a hot take but Salty & Sweet >>> Thirsty

 

The album on the whole is a 11/10 still :clap3:

Edited by Flomik

Didn't like Spicy, it didn't hit me that much. I immediately listened to Savage after this song and ended up listening to the entire EP, I like every song in that more than Spicy. I listened to Girls after and I even like that more than this, I may not always feel like listening to it but in the right mood it pumps me up a lot. In the midst of all this I listened to Spicy again twice. I feel Spicy is just too noisy and not in a good way, the only parts I like are the singing parts in the chorus and post chorus.

 

18 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

some of you should just try being a kwangyan and a lesserafimmie, it’s so much fun :sistrens:

I love both groups equally. Haven’t checked twitter so don’t know if both fandoms are being hostile to each other. 

All three aespa/NJ/LSFM are great, the best we’ve had since the 2nd gen

Spicy could be really a good song that beat is sick but overall it sounds like a mess. Not better than Unforgiven clearly.

 

But I really loved the video and the the lack of the metaverse concept made me like them more.

OMG aespa :jonny5:

truly back on track! Spicy is probably my fave song released by them damn :jonny5:

that was SO GOOD :jonny5:

Not aespa forcing SM to release one of their best songs ever :jonny6: the way they side-eyed Girls ever since its release. Woo these girls have TASTE

20 minutes ago, Kety said:

I love both groups equally. Haven’t checked twitter so don’t know if both fandoms are being hostile to each other. 

All three aespa/NJ/LSFM are great, the best we’ve had since the 2nd gen

I second this! 

 

all of them serve everything we need while being completely different and I love it

1 hour ago, hindsight said:

BP's lineup was just too great because they only chose the best of the best, looks and talent wise, the girls just had IT. you can see from the pre-debut pics how it was supposed to be them and those other girls couldn't stand a chance. and yeah I know Jisoo is Jisoo but she's literally there to be the prettiest one for koreans and she's great at that! 

 

What ruins most of these groups is that these companies keep adding filler girls when one less talented member is enough for the relatable role. Like having a Jisoo or Giselle to bring the kiis is ok, but that's it.

 

C6TeBy5.gif

never compare Jisoo to that definition uselessness.

"Jisoo is still Jisoo" well yes…hence her having the most successful solo :fan:

 

Flower has the entirety of the industry in a chokehold rn. including yalls fave.

y’all did too much with ‘til we meet again. it’s so beautiful :jonny6:

46 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Is Ryan Jhun the new BEP?

46 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

Since Eleven 

NO :rip: he might have secured IVE some excellent songs but nearly all of the decent songs he's been involved with were cooked up by different producers/songwriters. he just shops around and adds the occasional marimba or whatever. 70% of his actual work is embarrassing and a stain on any musician's portfolio.

 

BEP might have fallen off with their recent stayc productions, but they're largely responsible for their own hits.

aespa mini is the AOTY for me for now sorry IVE I love both but I'm obsessed with Spicy just way too much 

I always knew I can trust in Karina's taste of music since she's really an sm sheep :jonny5:

The amount of Blinks defending Baemon on every hate post.

 

We beat the bitter Blackjacks 2.0 allegations!

Edited by WeFoundWill

I can't stop listening to My World :jonny6: Even TWMA is good.  

Girls mini was just a dud (the songs were ok on their own but together were a mess).

Savage and My world are great minis, now we need a full album. 

 

 

change the title thread to "K-Pop Thread: Aespa releases ITZY's copycat Spicy and scores another smash!" for engagement :clap3:

 

is nothing like ITZY are people deaf here or what? is like Next Level + Ice Cream Cake. You can notice is clearly an aespa song :giraffe:

7 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

change the title thread to "K-Pop Thread: Aespa releases ITZY's copycat Spicy and scores another smash!" for engagement :clap3:

 

wait... better idea: "K-Pop Thread: Aespa releases ITZY's copycat Spicy and scores a bigger hit than them!" :jonny4:

25 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

Spicy is the Korean When I Grow Up

Accurate!

 

6 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

is nothing like ITZY are people deaf here or what? is like Next Level + Ice Cream Cake. You can notice is clearly an aespa song :giraffe:

Yeah, not getting ITZY at all from this. It's very aespa.

 

In the meantime Cupid is still climbing in the Korean charts! :duca:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.