K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

savage > black mamba > dreams come true > next level  >>>>>> gross > life's too shlt

forever is unranked because i cant rank it fairly bcs its a ballad.

Edited by motherpills

• Replies 132.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

YG being incompetent to the point BAEMON will be considered 5th gen for taking forever to debut:bibliahh:

I will simply not tolerate YG rats spamming tweets stats and achievements about Babymonster being the first/biggest 5th Gen group to "..." 

Edited by Antisocialites

1 minute ago, Antisocialites said:

I will simply not tolerate YG rats spamming tweets stats and achievements about Babymonster being the first/biggest 5th Gen to "..." 

achievement-flexing is already beyond ridiculous and meaningless, i don't think anyone should pay attention to it.

like imagine getting bothered by the kpop equivalent of this:

2mapur9rfal71.jpg

:rip:

Girls (the ones who get it, get it!) > WTMW (it's pretty recent but it's so gorgeous, making a listenable k-pop ballad is such an achieviement) > Savage (kinda aged poorly, still good) > DCT (this one still pretty fun to listen to, the english parts are so awful that <33) > Black Mamba (generic af but it has its moments) > NL (i'm sorry but it sounds SO uneventful even with that whole switch up, production is cool tho) > Forever (idc about this one at all)

It's hard to be hot and have superior taste but I can't help it!

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.8144cff6505ec185067598883a58b713.gif

31 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

did the solo sections really kill the vibe, except for POP?

the clips on youtube are giving middle school talent show

kermit.gif

Yes and no lol. Jeongyeon for example gave talent show and a bit messy lol but it was also the most fun? I definitely wasn’t impressed by them all tho lol… even though momo and sana didn’t sing (yea that’s sana shade lol :rip:) they performed really well.

Interesting song can’t say I connected with it in my first listen, maybe the mv will help. I did find it kinda boring though and uncreative.

5th gen my ass, 4th gen literally started in full force last year(NJ, IVE, LSRM) lol

9 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

Yes and no lol. Jeongyeon for example gave talent show and a bit messy lol but it was also the most fun? I definitely wasn’t impressed by them all tho lol… even though momo and sana didn’t sing (yea that’s sana shade lol :rip:) they performed really well.

Jeongyeon's English pronunciation is so dire :skull:

just sing in corrian sis

kermit.gif

5th Gen hasn’t started let it go. :redface: Baemon is 4th gen no matter what 

17 minutes ago, hindsight said:

Girls (the ones who get it, get it!) > WTMW (it's pretty recent but it's so gorgeous, making a listenable k-pop ballad is such an achieviement) > Savage (kinda aged poorly, still good) > DCT (this one still pretty fun to listen to, the english parts are so awful that <33) > Black Mamba (generic af but it has its moments) > NL (i'm sorry but it sounds SO uneventful even with that whole switch up, production is cool tho) > Forever (idc about this one at all)

It's hard to be hot and have superior taste but I can't help it!

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.8144cff6505ec185067598883a58b713.gif

Finally I see another Girls stan :jonnycat: such an underrated serve 

How can babymonster be 5th gen when YG dont even have a 4th gen group :skull:

On 2/10/2023 at 7:22 AM, hallucinate said:

3rd gen started in 2012 but took over in 2016, 4 years later

4th gen started in 2018 but took over in 2021/22?, 3-4 years later

it feels like we are entering a whole new era which is why i said 5th gen might be starting soon

wouldn’t be surprised if SM and YG mediaplay their upcoming groups as a part of the new generation :matty:

:bunny2:

4 hours ago, Eternium said:

I didn’t come for Blinks and I support BP (I have multiple copies of everything they’ve released). 

we remember! you even have unreleased members’ versions of The Album! :clap3:

ae1 this year :duca: 

hopefully they won’t add previously performed tracks there, I’d like it to be a surprise! I’m happy we’re getting My World today but it’s a shame that most of it was spoiled months ago 

Spicy reactions seem kinda mixed so far? 

Omg I'm nervous

Edited by Flomik

5 minutes 

3 MINUTESSSS :WAP:

okay Spicy is amazing and their most instant title track :jonnycat:

It's completely lacking in melody unfortunately for us melody loving girls but I enjoy the cuntiness & production at least.

a better itzy song than itzy has released since wannabe too I fear :celestial5:

GODSPA :WAP: