Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

44 minutes ago, Eternium said:

GOT The Beat will prevail again - it’s already better than the ass Taeyang song and OMG

you took it a step too far here

 

be10db2edf595e3b35242137bbbfd60bbacb6816

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

NJ lowkey has the best marketing team in K-Pop history

The way the GP and even K-Pop haters perceive them as "real music" ala IU or Adele in the west :dies: 

"breath of fresh air" music and MVs

 

Even though none are standout vocalists (but at least all of them have really pleasant tones suited for chill music except for Minji who's a bit nasal but she can still grow!)

But I'm glad their more experimental tracks (future bass inspired HB and breakbeat inspired Ditto) overshadowed the more generic safety cushions (Cookie and OMG)

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

I finally gave a listen to Flop On It and it is a total kii, how SM managed to turn a very accessible pop song into a mess, the totally uncalled change up, serving NMIXX:rip: otherwise I really like the song, don't know why you all be hating it.

 

 

I agree with you, we'll see how this thread really feels after a week on the charts. :michael:

Their Japanese MVs are so much better than the originals :dies: 

 

 

Gee is lowkey the only "cutesy" song that you wouldn't be embarrassed to play in public

The way they made it so chic and cool but still unabashedly feminine :heart2:

22 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

I agree with you, we'll see how this thread really feels after a week on the charts. :michael:

They'll be stanning if it does well:rip: just with like Step Back that I have to say, grew on me because I hated it at first, but on the other side, SOI kinda hits on first listen, possibly the safest single release from SM since INVU and Feel My Talent.

 

Btw, can we say NCT Dream is smashing? Because Candy has spent like 4 weeks on Gaon's top 10.

These new NJ songs are such snooze to me. A downgrade from HB and Attention where I understood the hype. For this I'm really shocked they are doing so well globally.

12 minutes ago, WhalieX said:

These new NJ songs are such snooze to me. A downgrade from HB and Attention where I understood the hype. For this I'm really shocked they are doing so well globally.

I listened hb yesterday it’s really a timeless bop. Attention kinda aged but the outro is excellent :gaycat5:
 

I love OMG i dont get the slander but ditto has to be the most overhyped song will never get the acclaim 

Attention is a masterpiece.

 

can’t wait for the summer, I already see myself bopping to that smash in the summer sun, timeless feel good song, I truly hope it will become Korea’s summer anthem! 

and then Ditto might become winter classic, it carries that winter nostalgia and feeling of things changing and ending so well 

 

they truly hit the spot with both songs

 

I mean, Hype Boy is amazing too, but in a pop masterpiece way! Attention and Ditto have that flavor and conveys something more than just sonically pleasing song 

omg is a grower but that’s mainly bc it got overshadowed by ditto but it still sits in the top three with ditto and hype boy

ditto was instant for me and quickly became one of my fav kpop songs ever

there's just something so emotional and nostalgic about it :chick1:

6 hours ago, Adama said:

yikes :rip:… he need to get help asap 

Yeah i dont wanna assume but his case looks concerning

2 hours ago, CrisPop said:

Nearly 16 years into her career :clap3:

Biggest it girl in SK of all time:jonny6:

Summer - Attention

Fall - Hype Boy

Winter - Ditto

 

Wow. They already secured some seasonal anthems :eek:

20 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

I'm not sure why she looks familiar to me  :penguin:

 

 

 

She looks a bit like Natty pre-surgery

 

 

3 hours ago, Eternium said:

SM saw ******* saying they wanted Y2K and gave us what Y2K actually is - samples of Bhangra/Middle Eastern music. Timbaland found jobless and destitute.

Remember last year how the girls tried to tear down Step Back only for it to end up being one of the best title tracks of the year? GOT The Beat will prevail again - it’s already better than the ass Taeyang song and OMG.

i feel like sm is not gonna credit the writer(s) or fairuz for the sample :rip: arabic songs always get "sampled" illegaly aka stolen 

 

tb to when fairuz sued madonna and got madonna's album banned in lebanon:

https://amp.beirut.com/l/62427

36 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

I'm not sure why she looks familiar to me  :penguin:

 

 

she kinda reminds me of minnie from gidle a little bit

 

i can already see koreans hating on her because she doesn't fit their beauty standards :emofish:

8 hours ago, Adama said:

Does Jackson wang have an alcohol problem? Why he’s having a bottle with him at his concert :deadbanana4:

 

 

 

8 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

Now I don't wish anything bad against him, but I once saw a video of him falling to the ground because he's too drunk... 

 

7 hours ago, Adama said:

yikes :rip:… he need to get help asap 

 

53 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Yeah i dont wanna assume but his case looks concerning

He’s also been giving his number out to

fans and hanging out with them after his concerts :katie: 

 


I don't care how busy Teddy is with babymonster or his black label girl group they need to release atleast a single before Coachella

they released a whole ass mini album before coachella 2019 and the girls were in the middle of world tour too back then

 

 they are headlining now, YG can't be that dumb. but maybe he is looking at their history :toofunny2:

Stamp On It's mv is serving blackpink level extravaganza and i'm here for it

I haven't heard the song since like january 2 or something so this today's release will still kinda be semi fresh to me :duca: 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.