Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

59 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Speaking of ITZY, I really wonder what their next direction and sound will be. Because, let's be honest, 2022 was a HORRIBLE year for them. 

 

Yes, Sneakers was a cute hit in Korea. But Cheshire, Boys Like You completely BOMBED on all fronts everywhere. Japanese singles were a FLOP (Voltage charted TWO weeks on Oricon, Blah Blah Blah charted one week serving #4 - OUT on Oricon chart :rip:) - Even Kep1er's Japanese discography was much more successful :rip:. Also k-pop stans completely ditched them and moved past them onto other groups. Heck, even G-IDLE made more noise than ITZY :deadbanana4:

 

I can't wait to see what they're planning next because I'm sure they still can rebound until it's too late.

ITZY is in a weird spot because they make more Korean-geared music. It’s legit pure KPop. They haven’t found a good way to transition over to western audiences or internationally music-wise. Their name carries them

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

@Save-Me-Oprah rhinoplasty, lip filler, cheek implants, chin implant, jaw shave, brow bone reduction, buccal fat removal, botox and eye lift

 

 

yeah hes had the full renovation

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

@Save-Me-Oprah rhinoplasty, lip filler, cheek implants, chin implant, jaw shave, brow bone reduction, buccal fat removal, botox and eye lift

 

 

And ate :clap3:

Now hold on bc I know I'm two weeks late but Chaeyeon ATEEEEE. This is a whole bop, the video is simple but well executed, the choreography is really good and ties everything together. FUN music!

 

 

12 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

ITZY is in a weird spot because they make more Korean-geared music. It’s legit pure KPop. They haven’t found a good way to transition over to western audiences or internationally music-wise. Their name carries them

I mean they did at one point but and their international fanbase was what kept the afloat throughout 2021-2022, all their songs quickly reached 100M. But I think that was simply previous goodwill carrying them but all that came to a halt with Boys Like You, Sneakers and Cheshire :rip: 

 

Itzy simply don't release good enough music for the masses.

5 minutes ago, Cotton said:

I mean they did at one point but and their international fanbase was what kept the afloat throughout 2021-2022, all their songs quickly reached 100M. But I think that was simply previous goodwill carrying them but all that came to a halt with Boys Like You, Sneakers and Cheshire :rip: 

 

Itzy simply don't release good enough music for the masses.

That’s what I’m saying. They are riding off their name. The music was strong in the beginning but as the market shifted in 2020 they didn’t adapt to pulling more from Western music. They would have a strong contention again if they went with more western-inspired music 

1 hour ago, Cazy said:

as long as she can release B&R 2 (or any good music, really), that decrepit company can keep those derelict twitter accounts. it's not like they would save the company from shutting down within the next year or two anyway :redface:

I've noticed how MNH turned on on Chungha the minute of her world tour for querencia fell flat because of one her health (her heart condition) and two the fact that scaling down due to the fact she's a solo. 

 

And the fact she kinda didn't had the same number single wise. I mean they were not for the release of Bare & Rare part 1 and still holding on Part 2.

 

 

I mean the only thing the company had to do is booking her a world tour co-headlining with someone like BIBI or Hyolyn and everything would have been fine. (Yeah the profit would have been less but her name would have been out there more). I mean look at the girls on the R&B scene in Korea are always touring the world while not have the sales she has but still rolling the cash in for their companies.

Felix now looks like that Asian Hollywood actress, but I can't remember her name. 

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

Anyway 

 

 

this collapse :WAP: 

 

The start of their downfall i fear...I remember i was so excited for this comeback that i listened to ALL the teasers on mute until release day....I was telling everyone it was gonna be their D4 moment....little did i know. Never tuned in for itzy teasers since then. Its too bad, because they served cvnt and the mini album was actually good (for itzy standards).

Edited by motherpills
GAG IT!

I do believe itzy can still rebound themselves, red velvet went from 0 wins and a decline in sales for rbb to selling 1M. I just fear it will be next to impossible with the bumfvck creative direction and A&R teams at jyp - and the competition is way more intense with 4th gen.

7 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Felix now looks like that Asian Hollywood actress, but I can't remember her name. 

Scarlett Johansen?

2 hours ago, Odd said:

spacer.png

:bibliahh:
He’s really doing the most to assure us he’s team SNSD :bird: I just know Jaw is MAD!

the way i’m going to overplay unforgiven the day it comes out dhdhdhdh

it’s already stuck in my head :jonnycat:

Edited by hallucinate

43 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

:bibliahh:
He’s really doing the most to assure us he’s team SNSD :bird: I just know Jaw is MAD!

Or maybe he's just acknowledging she's an integral part of SNSD. Gee is a song she sang after all. :michael:

 

Edited by Zack

6 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

 

Don’t tell me that racist country guy is #1 :rip: what is Amerikkka’s obsession with that person

16 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Don’t tell me that racist country guy is #1 :rip: what is Amerikkka’s obsession with that person

It's a large yet highly segmented media market.  How else does a boy band from Korea reach #2.

 

:cm:

2 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

especially Yuna's part when she sings it cause she sounds aggressive and hype and then Chaeryeong following it up with ITZYYYYYY :ghostface: 

I just know they will have their Psycho Moment and everyone will be sorry :hippo:

5 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

It's a large yet highly segmented media market.  How else does a boy band from Korea reach #2.

 

:cm:

Oh yeah well THAT section of middle America loves him (no surprise) but it still makes me mad :gaycat2:

Have y'all noticed that one of the IVE rapper sounds exactly like Bora.

Chaeryeong is probably the cvntiest 4th gen idol when you think about it 

 

22eaa6ef0f9402ac9837b24120e5b165ffdbc749

Edited by Pluto2022

31 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Chaeryeong is probably the cvntiest 4th gen idol when you think about it 

 

22eaa6ef0f9402ac9837b24120e5b165ffdbc749

''so called'' visual holes always the cvntiests of the groups.

33 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Chaeryeong is probably the cvntiest 4th gen idol when you think about it 

 

22eaa6ef0f9402ac9837b24120e5b165ffdbc749

She always serves regardless of the material 

That’s talent 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.