Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Miley Cyrus - "Flowers"

Featured Replies

Just now, Pop said:

I was underwhelmed. Plastic Hearts was such an evolution and it felt like she found her sound.

 

I don’t know why she feels the need to completely reinvent herself for every album. It isn’t necessary, this isn’t the 80s anymore and she isn’t Madonna. 

She can make music however she wants  this isnt the 1800's where women had to comply with everything a man tells her to do. 

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Views 396.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Winning for Pop Solo is already enough, but to win in a general field is insane. She’s had so much to climb out of (respect wise) from being the face of Disney Channel, to Bangerz, to Dead Petz, to ev

  • mileytayIor
    mileytayIor

    Last night felt like a dream we used to pray for times like this. Im so proud of her like i'll never turn my back on this woman ever. 

  • #1 (+52) on US iTunes + ESV is #6 (+144)   I hope it will revive the era

do not understand why/how people are surprised/underwhelmed by this sound from her, it suits her extremely well and fits really well with that one song she made with Mark a few years ago

Edited by HausofNick

My main issue is she has beaten this musical topic to death. From half of Bangerz to slide away to all plastic hearts. She needs to let Liam go music wise. 

Edited by Johnathon

10 minutes ago, Pop said:

I was underwhelmed. Plastic Hearts was such an evolution and it felt like she found her sound.

 

I don’t know why she feels the need to completely reinvent herself for every album. It isn’t necessary, this isn’t the 80s anymore and she isn’t Madonna. 

Some of us like our ARTISTS to have musical growth and change 

Spoiler

 

 

Just now, Johnathon said:

My main issue is she has beaten this musical topic to death. From half of Bangerz to slide away to all plastic hearts. She needs to let Liam go musically. 

Shé was with him for over a decade. Its healing for her. I highly doubt the whole album will be about him though

2 hours ago, Rican said:

Are you implying that her last era had a smash single?

 

Yes? Multiple smash hits at that here in mainland Europe where I am currently typing. Are you implying she does not?

 

IP3zM9g.gif

 

I have listened to this (and I’m not even kidding) 100+ times since last night and it’s not getting old :clap3:

This is trash, the potential is there but it’s so undercooked

18 minutes ago, Pop said:

I was underwhelmed. Plastic Hearts was such an evolution and it felt like she found her sound.

 

I don’t know why she feels the need to completely reinvent herself for every album. It isn’t necessary, this isn’t the 80s anymore and she isn’t Madonna. 

This makes no sense. People change and artists, specially, are always trying to evolve. I don't really see how this is that much different from anything Miley has ever put out tbh. It's a pop/rock type of beat and belting like she likes to. I really even think this reminds me of Hannah Montana tracks lol (which I absolutely love btw)

2 hours ago, Digitalism said:

I didn't get why was this so bland and then I realised this had Harry's producers 

This sounds so boring like all of his albums 

Harry's bland music are not going to work for other artists because they don't have his huge fan base. Also he is a male and he is allowed to make boring music pop girls are not. 

Poor Miley I was stanning during the PH era but this is not it 

This sound is beloved by casual listeners for being easy on the ears and catchy enough to stick with audiences. It's carefree and breezy, general music listeners love this kind of stuff. It's always going to be true that a male will have it easier in the industry, but let's not act like this sound isn't what audiences like from pop music today.

35 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Are the similarities between When I Was Your Man intentional or a coincidence? I keep seeing that Liam dedicated WIWYM to her and that this was a response but it seems like fan fiction 

It's absolutely intentional  "I can buy myself flowers" as opposed to his "I can buy you flowers"

25 minutes ago, Pop said:

 

 

I don’t know why she feels the need to completely reinvent herself for every album. It isn’t necessary, this isn’t the 80s anymore and she isn’t Madonna. 

It's what has always made Miley so great.

this is horrible

 

as someone who was OBSESSED with all of plastic hearts, what is this grating trash

21 minutes ago, LittleFreak said:

I can't stop listening to this! So addictive :deadbanana2:

X2 :jonny6:

This is easily better than anything on Plastic Hearts, why tf are people still asking for PH 2.0 :deadbanana4:

OMG almost 6.3 million views at YouTube already not bad considering how YouTUbe views are not as big as they used to be

 

Ok maybe this could get a nice Spotify debut :duca:

 

38 minutes ago, Pop said:

I was underwhelmed. Plastic Hearts was such an evolution and it felt like she found her sound.

 

I don’t know why she feels the need to completely reinvent herself for every album. It isn’t necessary, this isn’t the 80s anymore and she isn’t Madonna. 

we are Talikg about Miley… we know she always gets bored fast of her music that’s why she changes her sound, watch her shade Plastic Hearts era anytime now :dies: she always do that she had shade Younger Now era or even Bangerz specially Wreckinh Ball

 

 

Plastic Hearts was a masterpiece 

10 minutes ago, HausofNick said:

This sound is beloved by casual listeners for being easy on the ears and catchy enough to stick with audiences. It's carefree and breezy, general music listeners love this kind of stuff. It's always going to be true that a male will have it easier in the industry, but let's not act like this sound isn't what audiences like from pop music today.

I agree. At first i was hoping for a disco tinged pop banger ala Dua but after listening to Flowers I figure it is just the right sound for her comeback, especially factoring in the current music landscape. Majority of songs dominating the charts right now (with the exception of I’m Good) are the type of chill, “vibey” midtempo/downtempo songs that the TikTok crowds just love. Flowers easily fits in that category. I’m not so sure it will smash but considering how radio friendly it is, it should serve longevity along with a decent peak which should be the priority. 
 

I trust Columbia and her new team will do their job well. 

It's cute and catchy, but hopefully the rest of the album's better than this.

it's not Midnight Sky but it's another great song of her. her discography is lowkey insane

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.