Everything posted by HeyMr.DJ
-
MILEY - "Different Religion"
Timeless song and video. I love it.
-
Is Madonna lowkey coming for AOTY?
I genuinely see a nomination and possibly a win, albeit a lot less likely for the latter. Praying for it though! She deserves it.
- 2026's Madonna - Taylor VMA set biggest audience since 2015, why?
-
2026 VMAs viewing figures up 51% from last year, highest since 2015
I am ******* SCREAMING at the first few pages of this thread vs the last few. All of the people who spoke too soon looking absolutely foolish. All hail the queen!
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
She did it!!!
-
BB200: MILEY #1 (61k), Riley #3 (60k) | H100: Texas #1(x24), BbW WOW #6, LTYN #9
I am so proud of her.
-
HDD: #1 Miley, #2 Riley Green, #3 Ella Langley
Miley!!!! 👏
-
HDD: #1 Miley, #2 Riley Green, #3 Ella Langley
Miley now challenging for number 1?!? Ok 👀
-
HDD: #1 Miley, #2 Riley Green, #3 Ella Langley
I love you regardless, Miley ❤️
-
Spotify | Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades (Album) | Day 9: 1,906,715
and IDGAF bc the album slaps
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
Innocent Ways and Snow growing on me so much too, damn she did THAT
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
The bad: we're flopping on unprecedented levels. The good: we got some of Miley's best songs ever (Different Religion, Orbit, Aftermath, REDLIGHTS).
-
MILEY - "Bass Persuades"
Well, as it turns out the kids didn't want to dance at all. But at least we got a bop out of it.
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
Well I'm saying that people heard base persuades the song and decided not to stream the album thinking that's how the rest of the songs would sound
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
Eh I think she just leaned into the wrong sound with the lead. Which is unfortunate because the rest of the album is I think what a lot more people would enjoy/be interested in. But at least we got some amazing songs. I'm oddly at peace with the floppage.
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
There are confluence of reasons for this flopping, but I blame Bass Persuades (the song) the most. It's not a bad song, but it's not a great song. And I just don't think it's a sound people want from Miley. I think if Different Religion or REDLIGHTS was the lead, we'd be in a different situation right now.
-
Spotify | Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades (Album) | Day 9: 1,906,715
Honestly here for her indie era!
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
The good news is, commercially she can only go from here
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
The run of Orbit -> Aftermath -> REDLIGHTS is unbelievable. This album is a major grower
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
Honestly valid review
-
Madonna & Charli xcx - "Danceteria Afterhours"
OMG NO WAY!!!
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
I'll be delighted if this just doesn't get any reviews 🤣
- MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
Exactly. And to make things more difficult, that Hannah Montana special was this year. She released new music for it which again underperformed, Something Beautiful was also only a year ago…I think it's just too much all at once. I'm happy if she's happy, but something tells me she wanted to have a hit on her hands with Base Persuades and establish some relevance with the album. That's just not happening. And idk if forcing BP onto people by making it #1 on TTH, paying for radio + playlisting is her way to growing her fandom.
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
Idk if this will make sense or resonate with anyone else, but it's just been so fascinating to watch Bass Persuades (the single and now the album) really be a non-event and lowkey give indie artist. I say that because compare the performance of something like Ain't In LA, which came out the same night, to Bass Persuades. Ain't in LA has 400k+ videos on TikTok while BP is scraping at 20k. Atlantic is throwing money at the wind trying to get BP (song) to chart higher than 30 and giving the album all the promo in the world when let's be real, the streaming numbers are going to be abysmal. I'm sad that Miley's new music just doesn't really resonate with many people and her fan base is really small, but in some ways it makes me even happier to be a fan/supporter of hers now. As much as I like a few songs on this album, I do think it's time for her to maybe take a break, focus on her life with her man and come back several years down the line with something more cohesive and inspired. ❤️