Ava Max - "Weapons"

Supervillain

Haven't listened Ghost in weeks but It's still stucked in my head.
They should have used It for the halloween season.  
:redface:

MYTP: Tik Tok pandering with a lot of cringy ex bf content

MDB: Sample card

They really dropped both options for the third single and still sticking with the solo singles which is weird.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totami Legend

• Nefertiti0

• nooniebao

• SalvoPK

wait... perhaps she ate with this one!

maybe you're the problem > weapons > million dollar baby

• 2 weeks later...

i love this. i hope they give it a good push. it's better than majority of her singles and at least half of the first album. there is nothing else single worthy outside of europe

I think this was never intended to be a full promoted and supported single.

Just a promo-drop while MDB starts to climb.

ezgif-5-3863549f07.thumb.gif.8bef64969e2

7 hours ago, West Coast said:

this grew but it's still the worst single

K2pgvWl.thumb.gif.0195b8848765b852cd9882

yup it’s bad I can stop pretending :coffee2:

On 11/12/2022 at 6:05 PM, Enrique523 said:

It's a good pop album, i agree. You're right i was a bit too harsh.

all good just love my pop girlies lol

On 11/12/2022 at 6:09 PM, Power love said:

It is a great album. I’m sure Ava new album willl be decent 

will if we're going by the leaks it's guaranteed to be a great album for sure

On 11/12/2022 at 9:11 PM, Polgg48 said:

expected worse but still really horrible out of any chart. virtually just same point of 'who's laughing now' from last album rollout, this wont be a hit but she might repeat 100M or 50M in this climate if video has good high replay. there's somewhat demand from her which totally not complete dud like another girl debut...

J9jhP70.gif

y'all really need to chill and adjust your expectations. i love ava but the bar y'all have for her is literally setting yourself up for disappoint 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:42 PM, CottageHore said:

Her lyricism is just so juvenile and corny. The melodies are getting reductive, too. But this one is actually kind of a bop and goes harder than MBYTP. Just wish she’d write music with more substance or at least show some maturity in her songwriting. Isn’t she like 30? This is very Disney Channel. 

i'm sorry and what was roar and born this way? let's stop being ageist when it comes to POP lyrics please

On 11/13/2022 at 12:01 AM, collin said:

This is clearly a buzz single so it doing as well as Who’s Laughing Now isn’t a bad thing. I mean, she should be doing better than last era but it could be worse.

it being consistent with her last era is a good thing cause the worst case scenario would be a decline

On 11/13/2022 at 8:58 AM, Totami Legend said:

Her past hits such as K&Q, MH2 and Motto required MONTHS to gain traction on radio / charts.

Do y'all really expect her to pull a smash hit out of nowhere with a leaked song and 0 tik tok noise? :kitty:

exactly. she has more than one hit song but all of her hit songs have been sleeper hits. she clearly needs promo and to be out there more as a celebrity. look at how that has done wonders for million dollar baby.

On 11/15/2022 at 6:36 AM, Totami Legend said:

Haven't listened Ghost in weeks but It's still stucked in my head.
They should have used It for the halloween season.  
:redface:

MYTP: Tik Tok pandering with a lot of cringy ex bf content

MDB: Sample card

They really dropped both options for the third single and still sticking with the solo singles which is weird.

she has no features on the album why are you mentioning features for? still waiting on them marshmello and jax jones collab to drop to bring her some more traction. also if you heard the leaks this album was clearly meant for fall as it actually has a very halloween vibe to it all.

17 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

This being dead on arrival... nothing new for her at this point

we still got a video and promo coming up. relax

16 hours ago, Saint James said:

i love this. i hope they give it a good push. it's better than majority of her singles and at least half of the first album. there is nothing else single worthy outside of europe

Dx um what lol outside of europe huh lol

12 hours ago, SalvoPK said:

it's over I fear

ezgif-5-3863549f07.thumb.gif.8bef64969e2

bring back the max cut and the red hair girl jfc

3 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

she has no features on the album why are you mentioning features for?

cause they could make a remix for proper push, remember this?

Not you replying to everyone in this thread @SchmoodRing

:rip:

Yes, Roar’s lyrics were also juvenile, your point? I simply think Ava shines when her lyrics aren’t so on-the-nose and that’s totally okay to think, chill.

Me too. I wish they sent it to radios. It's very good.

f8mjXjb.gif

My bf is a huge Ava stan, so he listens to this all day. It grew on me a bit but I can't see this going anywhere

era must be a mess but at least she is not a normani remember that guys K2pgvWl.thumb.gif.0195b8848765b852cd9882

21 hours ago, CottageHore said:

Not you replying to everyone in this thread @SchmoodRing

:rip:

Yes, Roar’s lyrics were also juvenile, your point? I simply think Ava shines when her lyrics aren’t so on-the-nose and that’s totally okay to think, chill.

schmoodring always does that. u don't have to quote everyone just because u have a different opinion :rip:

26 minutes ago, FunCoric said:

does ava come from a family with money?

no her parents were broke ******* with talent (pianist and opera singer)K2pgvWl.thumb.gif.0195b8848765b852cd9882

Born Amanda Ava Koci to Albanian parents, watched her parents face battles following their move to America from war-torn Albania.

"In 1990 and 1991, they left Albania and went to Paris for a year. They ended up in Paris and they lived in a church for a whole year. It was very hard for them, but it was beautiful because they were in Paris. They met a lady in Paris that gave them passports and they ended up in Wisconsin - that's where I was born.

"They went to America with nothing, no money, no language. It was very hard for them. I remember watching them as I grew up, struggling, working three jobs each.

She really came from nothing just like her mother Mariah, can't wait to read The Meaning of Ava Max in 2038. giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

no her parents were broke ******* with talent (pianist and opera singer)K2pgvWl.thumb.gif.0195b8848765b852cd9882

She really came from nothing just like her mother Mariah, can't wait to read The Meaning of Ava Max in 2038. giphy.gif

i thought they'd have money since she tried for like 10 years to make it, was she not doing anything else? :sistrens:

3 minutes ago, FunCoric said:

i thought they'd have money since she tried for like 10 years to make it, was she not doing anything else? :sistrens:

She did have some side jobs, she worked as a hair stylist in a shopping mall for some time

This song randomly came on my Apple Music playlist last night and it’s a ******* bop! I prefer it to Million Dollar Baby. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.