Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Genuine Lana stan Question Regarding BB

Featured Replies

I see Blue Banisters album get a lot of hate (which I feel is unwarranted). I’ve seen every criticism from the mixing, to the vocals, to the song selection, to the production. I know the YouTube to mp3 rips left a bad taste off the bat in a lot of our mouths. Similarly, it seems a few people’s experiences were soured by the vocal clipping that occurred during release week on certain songs like Beautiful and Sweet Carolina. 
 

I’m wondering, specifically for the Lana fans who currently dislike BB, or even for the ones that do care for it but maybe not as much as her other albums: 1) if NOTG, LL, and Cherry Blossom were not YouTube rips but instead HQ masters and 2) if Beautiful, Sweet Carolina, and whatever other songs didn’t have that audio issue the first week (but all the songs, lyrics, vocal takes, production were still the same on the album?) would you like the album more / have less of a negative opinion of it? 

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no.

 

it’s really just her worst body of work. beautiful is honestly one of her worst songs ever… it feels like a parody of lana. ‘Beautifullllllllll… BEAUTIFULLLLL….. BEAUTIFUL LIKE …. You’ i could puke up alphabet spaghetti and make better lyrics than that 

 

sweet Carolina is rubbish too. I hate the diary entry style direction her writing went.

 

the album is literally laziness AS an album

 

Thunder and Black Bathing Suit are the only truly great songs on there

 

(Hardcore stan since video games here)

Yes, I like it now but would have probably enjoyed it more had she been more concerned with the quality control. Also not sure how I feel about the current tracklisting order, or if arranging it a different way would help a little.
 

It was just a lot to go through on first listen and then she just tacked on the old ballad songs at the end one after another. 

Edited by NOW

Blue Banisters is amzing, Beautiful is one of the best songs ever

No. The lack of pitch correction (and quality control) (and the lack of any cohesion) makes it feel amateur and cringe

most songs are forgettable and unlike all of her other albums this one doesn't feel like it has any concept, idea, or aesthetic behind it. it really is just a collection of random unreleased songs and it shows

 

it's not a bad album, but it doesn't compare to her actual great works. i'm glad we got certain songs from it, but when I look back at Lana's discography BB is not something that stands out

I like pretty much everything on the album but overall it does feel like a less important project to her discography than others, like a career B-Sides. There's not really any stakes to the songs (besides Dealer, BBS and the title track), they're nice but they just feel like a collection of songs thrown together. The rest of her albums immediately transport you to another Lanafied world.

 

2 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

I know the YouTube to mp3 rips left a bad taste off the bat in a lot of our mouths.

Which ones do we think this happened with, Living Legend? 

Edited by Beyonnaise

Its pretty but boring. It seems like shes simply lost her passion on this album. :doc: 

Whoever has a negative opinion on the album does not truly appreciate the artistry of Lana Del Rey...it was a very welcomed final chapter of that part of her career while simultaneously acting as a prelude to what's to come...I feel adventurous and relaxed everytime i listen to the album... 

8 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

Whoever has a negative opinion on the album does not truly appreciate the artistry of Lana Del Rey...it was a very welcomed final chapter of that part of her career while simultaneously acting as a prelude to what's to come...I feel adventurous and relaxed everytime i listen to the album... 

This is such an absurd take. You can love it all you want, but others thinking it’s lazy/lacking cohesion/disorganized doesn’t mean they don’t “truly appreciate her artistry” :skull:

No, I still think it's one of her weakest albums

 

Sometimes it's even in last place for me, it switches with LFL often.

 

Songs like Beautiful, Violets for Roses, Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend, and WW are just not up to the standard I hold Lana's level of talent to.

 

Sweet Carolina and Dealer and to some extent Thunder are some of her best songs tho.

Edited by Slayn

7 minutes ago, scenekiller said:

This is such an absurd take. You can love it all you want, but others thinking it’s lazy/lacking cohesion/disorganized doesn’t mean they don’t “truly appreciate her artistry” :skull:

whatever hater :-* 

the album is good :rip: BBS WW or BB are amazing unique songs that add something new to her discography. I don’t care for Beautiful or VFR but other than that it’s good. It does in fact have mixtape/playlist feeling to it, Everything after WW + The Trio and Beautiful feel like they belong somewhere else.

I will say tho it's her first album and only album (currently) I associate with the season of fall, and I like that.

8 minutes ago, Melancholy said:

whatever hater :-* 

Weirdo behavior :heart:

 

ot: it’s a cute album but definitely not up to the standard she’s set 5 other times in her discography (6 if you count AKA) so naturally it sticks out a lot

I like the album and regularly use it, it was a nice gift for the fans :ghostface: It's a bit moody though

It's full of great songs (do not come for 10/10 Beautiful), but conceptually, it's one of her weakest. Lana excels at making albums that embody a fully realized theme, and Blue Banisters lacks that cohesion and storytelling.

there are some great songs but all together it lacks cohesive and direction.

 

i think she wrote those first 4 prerelease songs and really wanted to put them out there then just attached a bunch of old songs to the end and called it an album.

It grew on me, but after the excellence of NFR/Chemtrails it did leave me a bit underwhelmed.

 

It somehow feels like an unreleased collection and there is a lack of cohesion and concept. 

7 minutes ago, Dystopian said:

i think she wrote those first 4 prerelease songs and really wanted to put them out there then just attached a bunch of old songs to the end and called it an album.

yeah it kinda feels this way 

The hate for the album is definitely unwarranted. It's average at WORST and definitely nowhere near close to being bad like some say it is :rip:

The album was bad, the writing is extremely lazy (lyrics AND melodies) it's not just some audio issue :toofunny3:

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.