Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Are you struggling economically?

Featured Replies

I'm surviving, living on my own and I give myself some little treats once in a while. But overall, I'm barely saving any money and now my family wants to go on holidays and they want me to join them, but that would be saying goodbye to half of my savings :skull: anyways, life is getting hard and expensive, so are you struggling as well?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a lot of $$$ in my bank account is the only thing I have going for me in my life :rip: 

Edited by bocelli

2 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Having a lot of $$$ in my bank account is the only thing I have going for me in my life :rip: 

Slay, I’m depressed and broke. It’s like, pick a struggle :jonny2:

Not really. I cut out expenses like Netflix, going out to eat, avocados, onlyfans, Hulu, etc. 

 

Just have to live below your means and work harder. It’s all about the grind. Try starting your own business. 

No, thankfully.

 

I moved back home at the start of the pandemic when I was still in university and I ended up never moving out after graduation cause I got a remote job and my boyfriend lives in another country, so I save a lot on rent.

Yes. I make 15 dollars an hour but last week I got the balls to renegotiate my pay and was flabbergasted I was offered a 3 dollar raise. I can't wait to see what my future pay checks will look. But yea I'm currently poor.

14 minutes ago, Mendussy said:

Slay, I’m depressed and broke. It’s like, pick a struggle :jonny2:

Money is worthless to me if your life lacks everything else. The person Im in love with for two years doesnt give a f*ck about me. I would give every cent I have if that means he will love me back :'(

I'm doing fine, could've been better for sure but I have money to pay my food, transport, going out here and there and to pay my debts. I wanna start saving again tho.

3 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Money is worthless to me if your life lacks everything else. The person Im in love with for two years doesnt give a f*ck about me. I would give every cent I have if that means he will love me back :'(

Sis, you need to let go of your ancient neighbour, you're young you'll find somebody who's actually interested on you.

9 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Money is worthless to me if your life lacks everything else. The person Im in love with for two years doesnt give a f*ck about me. I would give every cent I have if that means he will love me back :'(

That's easy to say when you have $ lol

3 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Sis, you need to let go of your ancient neighbour, you're young you'll find somebody who's actually interested on you.

Spoiler

Im (objectively speaking) good-looking and I get hit on fairly often. You have no idea how many d*cks and p*ssies Ive rejected cause Im like "if I cant him I dont want anyone". Maybe its time for therapy

 

9 minutes ago, bocelli said:
  Hide contents

Im (objectively speaking) good-looking and I get hit on fairly often. You have no idea how many d*cks and p*ssies Ive rejected cause Im like "if I cant him I dont want anyone". Maybe its time for therapy

 

Oh, in that case, yeah you may need theraphy to get over him, no man is worth all that stress. Stay strong :hug: 

 

OT: I'm fine as I mentioned above.

I'm doing great, but still complaining everyday that it costs $45 dollars right now to fill HALF my tank. :rip:

 

It used to cost $25 to completely fill up. :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, fauxtography said:

I'm doing great, but still complaining everyday that it costs $45 dollars right now to fill HALF my tank. :rip:

 

It used to cost $25 to completely fill up. :deadbanana2:

Not to sound condescending but at times I wonder how some people can afford a car. Like I know guys who work minimum wage and gas + insurance + what they pay for cars per month must take up 1/3 of their wage :deadbanana4: How is everyone not broke

I used to at first but since I work remote now I work two jobs at the same time (most jobs have a lot of dead time so I take advantage of that)  plus I teach English here and there, my income literally doubled :gaygacat5:

I also just got into a job selection process where I would double what I make now but the level of stress would be too much and I like my chill lifestyle :deadbanana2: decisions.

I wouldn't say im "struggling" but I am definitely not saving as much money as I'd like to. It doesn't help that I'm always wanting more and more material things. Most of my purchases are meaningful tho, like for example I bought an $80 water filter so I can stop buying bottled water. I also spend on my dog. But like I bought a $200 carpet cleaner bc I felt the need to have one since I own a dog... I do use it tho. 

 

But like working from home has me so bored I go online and see what's on sale and am so tempted to just buy more and more crap. I control myself most of the time, but I definitely do spend a lot of money on wants instead of needs. Also, banks should be ashamed of themselves for sending so much marketing crap about opening up lines of credit for 0% apr for like 12 months or something. No wonder so many Americans are in a shitload of debt. I swear I get at least one email weekly about that stuff.... not to mention the letters in the mail that I automatically rip up and throw away. I have ONE credit card that I'm still paying off at 0% interest rate due in November of this year.

 

Overall I spend around 55% of my month's salary on housing + car note... not including utilities and car insurance. 

no, but with this inflation and rising energy bills i'll have to start saving less, which annoys me since i want to go back to school next year and i will need every coin i can get for that 

I started out making $37K a year out of college, 7 years later I'm making $220K total comp so yes. Feeling blessed.

Yes, I finally got out of retail and secured a proper job and I am super broke. All the prices are going up except my salary.

How can people save money when everything is SO expensive?

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.