Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Apple Music or Spotify?

Apple Music or Spotify? 94 members have voted

  1. 1. What music platform do you use the most?

    • Apple Music
      47%
      45
    • Spotify
      52%
      49

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 05/30/22 at 07:54 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Apple Music, the only time I’m ever jealous of Spotify users is at the end of the year when Wrapped comes out. Apple has a similar thing but it’s not as fun. 

Apple Music :gaycat5:

 

but there’s a Spotify original podcast that I like so I have it as well 

Question for those who use Spotify for free….

Can you still look at any playlist /artist??? 

i use Spotify but have used both and honestly i would switch to AM again if:

1. the download size wasn't so big and takes so long, i can download a playlist with 15 songs on spotify = ~3-5 songs on AM

2. the AM app (aka iTunes) on windows is sh*t compared to spotify, and if i play a song on my phone spotify would say "currently playing" that would also display lyrics and all that but AM doesn't have that + there's no lyrics on iTunes

 

also prefer AM layout and interface it looks way prettier (on the Apple devices) but Spotify is more compact and easier to use

i have both but i like the layout and tagging of apple music better even though it has it’s issues 

I enjoy Spotify’s layout and playlists more but Apple Music’s lossless is unmatched. 

Spotify >>> I just switched to Apple Music a few months ago and it lacks basic functions like the queuing sucks(?) and you can’t swipe to go to the next song. The UI is nice I guess.


Question: Is it possible to queue songs in order instead of dropping them all the way to the back of an active playlist? I’ve been trying to figure it out for the longest and now I don’t even know if it’s possible

I switched from Spotify to AM when I got some AM free with an Apple purchase, and I hate it. Obviously the sound quality is noticeably superior, but the interface is atrocious. It’s so much harder to navigate, make playlists, queue music, and I hate the fact that it combined with my old iTunes library so all of that is mixed in with the stuff I’m actually listening to now.
 

On top of that, after I made the switch my lastfm randomly started importing my old iTunes plays for some songs and now I have to manually import the tens of thousands of other plays that it didn’t sync for the sake of maintaining consistency. :rip: 

 

Can’t wait for this trial to end so I can go crawling back to Spotify. I will gladly suffer the slightly inferior quality for a better app design. :rip: 

If you care about curating your library and sound quality, Apple Music is the way to go. Plus Apple Music pays artists more.

I prefer amazon music apple music is cute tho. Spotify turned weird i dunno how to use it anymore

  • 2 months later...

I'm trying to decide between the two currently. I love ths playlists spotify has, the apple musc ones are garbage. But I also love how you can add music that isn't on streaming to apple music as an album and not playlists like spotify.

Spotify has EQ, so it wins in sound quality by default. It's also capable of streaming 320kbps, while Apple Music jumps from 256 to lossless. 

 

Apple's presets are trash, and if you're not using EQ, you're not getting a great listening experience :lakitu: 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.