Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Halsey drags record label

Featured Replies

20 hours ago, punisher said:

she just said on her insta live that she had to reproduce many songs with max martin because they weren’t pop enough and the label refused to fund them. and they delayed her single because they want it to go viral on tiktok

the label knows what’s up :clap3:

 

the song sounds terrible so i fear they were doing her a favour 

  • Replies 152
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This viral anti-marketing marketing campaign now has been covered by:

  • Daily Mail
  • Rolling Stone
  • METRO.co.uk
  • variety.com
  • people.com
  • EW.com
  • BuzzFeed
  • NME

Give the marketing team a raise. :clap3:

8 hours ago, Daddy said:

All of this is a lie. Halsey is a liar. Watch her add another disorder to her list because of this.

:hoetenks:

23 hours ago, Supervillain said:

I mean yes…. Obviously? She said she won’t be able to release the song unless it goes viral on TikTok. 

 

23 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

So is she supposed to do nothing? She has a sizable enough stanbase to gain some traction with this. Plus we all know Capitol is kind of the pits with their anchor artists. 

 

The song was supposed to be out already so perhaps she's killing two birds with one stone here by providing the Little Frangipansters with an explanation + doing exactly what the label requested anyway by manufacturing a "viral" moment from a MQ clip :rip:

 

 

 

21 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I am probably the biggest Halsey hater on this site and even I will admit you're spewing stupidity in this. There's so much that goes on behind the scenes and artists are more often monkeys or investments to labels vs. actual equals. It's easy to blame the artist or Halsey who is annoying af but maybe we should look at the system overall. It's a hard game. 

You guys are so weird. Read through the thread replies here and Halsey’s own comments on this. I know it’s embarrassing, but it’s okay to admit that the “anti-pop star” is playing the pop star game :rip:

1 hour ago, Safe&Sound said:

165 mil including Closer and Eastside

Both those songs probably account for 30M at most and that's being incredibly generous. Where the hell is the other 130M coming from :deadbanana4: Even if she has 70M units in the US... do people really believe she's such a global force she was able to amass over double that in foreign markets her music isn't even that big in :deadbanana4:

--

 

Her ass is so annoying. This is so obviously a stunt.

 

 

9 minutes ago, Champagne said:

 

 

You guys are so weird. Read through the thread replies here and Halsey’s own comments on this. I know it’s embarrassing, but it’s okay to admit that the “anti-pop star” is playing the pop star game :rip:

But - the leaps and bounds she has to go through to play the game . . completely reinforces my exact point: that we should go easier on these popstars vs. jumping down their throat (like you) for matters we don't know / aren't involved in :skull: Yes, she's playing the game, but does that make it right? Lol

Edited by ahauntingnearu

13 minutes ago, Champagne said:

 

 

You guys are so weird. Read through the thread replies here and Halsey’s own comments on this. I know it’s embarrassing, but it’s okay to admit that the “anti-pop star” is playing the pop star game :rip:

I didn't deny it was an anti-marketing campaign (in a meta sense) but I don't think she is lying or embellishing either. 

4 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

she keeps on going! 

 

 

She's insufferable, istg :skull: Label has obviously given her the OK to release the song, but they (Halsey included) are making this stupid stunt up to hype the song before release :hoetenks:

21 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

But - the leaps and bounds she has to go through to play the game . . completely reinforces my exact point: that we should go easier on these popstars vs. jumping down their throat (like you) for matters we don't know / aren't involved in :skull: Yes, she's playing the game, but does that make it right? Lol

 

14 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

I didn't deny it was an anti-marketing campaign (in a meta sense) but I don't think she is lying or embellishing either. 

Makes sense, I respect your opinions. I was mostly saying that she was being extra and annoying lol. She just seems very inauthentic to me. 

2 minutes ago, Champagne said:

 

Makes sense, I respect your opinions. I was mostly saying that she was being extra and annoying lol. She just seems very inauthentic to me. 

I don't disagree there :eli:

  • Author
33 minutes ago, Alak96 said:

She's insufferable, istg :skull: Label has obviously given her the OK to release the song, but they (Halsey included) are making this stupid stunt up to hype the song before release :hoetenks:

 how have you even come to that conclusion 

Another publicity stunt of her :dies: I hope she serves a bop at least, her last album was underwhelming.

14 minutes ago, selfmadelatino said:

I mean JoJo tried to tell us 

Once again Joanna Levesque is the trailblazer :clap3: 

1 hour ago, conquxror said:

 Well

Hypocrite wbk she was one 

165M records :confused: 

anyways the snippet sounds a bit basic so maybe the label should just scrap it

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.