Halsey drags record label

Villanelle

Also what is this corny faceless pop-rock'ish demo track i'm hearing :rip:

Conpitol said make better music or else.

Iy4t.gif

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Letemtalk

• Digitalism

• Villanelle

2 hours ago, Champagne said:

Artists are doing this all the time now and it’s so annoying. She’s complaining about not being able to release a song while that song is playing in the background the whole video & counts towards streaming. She wants this video of her bitching about ‘label issues’ to blow up & make her seem like an authentic artist, but really just wants the TikTok sound that she just uploaded to go viral :rip:

Her whole TikTok account is cringy af too. 

A "my boss says i need a viral video" kind of situation :dies:

39 minutes ago, Zymphonic said:

The fact that she's closer to 165 records sold than 165M :bibliahh:

She sold 70m certified records in the US alone, so that makes her closer to 165M. You’re not the brightest lightbulb in the shed

Capitol is also Katy’s record where sinbe her vegas announcement we’ve seen multiple ‘viral’ moments happen. It is a tool labels are using lol poor Halsey

It's funny how they always jump between saying they make music just for the arts and then suddenly caring about charts/Grammy noms :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Thanks for sharing this, I can understand the frustration they're facing now. Not Capitol and their user research again. She should just drop it and forget about promo if it's something they really love.

Edited by NOW

This is serving indie artist tiktoks, where they play thier song for weeks on end to drive Pre-Saves for playlistings. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this was a marketing move. I mean obviously Record labels are trash and manipulative. But this definitely looks like promo for her upcoming era 

This is obviously scripted if you can’t tell that you’re an idiot 

1 hour ago, fememeist said:

She sold 70m certified records in the US alone, so that makes her closer to 165M. You’re not the brightest lightbulb in the shed

she didn't "sell" sh*t of that number lmao

1 minute ago, Goofy said:

she didn't "sell" sh*t of that number lmao

Sales equal streams. Streaming pays. Streaming equals record sales overall. 

5 hours ago, Champagne said:

Artists are doing this all the time now and it’s so annoying. She’s complaining about not being able to release a song while that song is playing in the background the whole video & counts towards streaming. She wants this video of her bitching about ‘label issues’ to blow up & make her seem like an authentic artist, but really just wants the TikTok sound that she just uploaded to go viral :rip:

Her whole TikTok account is cringy af too. 

Agree

Just drama to promote on tiktok

Trying to have her olivia drama moment but it won't work like that

i thought after ifichliwp she would be able to release anything she wanted. sad the industry is so ugly.

2 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Capitol is also Katy’s record where sinbe her vegas announcement we’ve seen multiple ‘viral’ moments happen. It is a tool labels are using lol poor Halsey

the flat earthers are here :cm:

OT: capitol sucks

I mean, part of a label's job is to organize and manage their artists career. If the song is that good, they'd want to save it for her next album, for a potential fully thought out and budgeted release. It's kind of a waste to release a song knowing no album is coming especially if it's one of your best songs in a long time.

I feel like she's being difficult.

The song sounds terrible :rip:

I love Miss Frangipane but the people calling this “anti-marketing” after her whole “anti-pop star” thing are taking me OWT :bibliahh:

2 hours ago, BuzzCharts said:

This is obviously scripted if you can’t tell that you’re an idiot 

It's painfully obvious. :rip:

Anyways presave don’t forget by Sky Ferreira out this week!

165M :rip: 

Omg, I love this look. A slay FTYrPLfUAAABYg_?format=jpg&name=large

Charmasters better recognise those 165M records sales. :laugh: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.