MUNA - 'MUNA'

original_lifeline

12 minutes ago, Babydoll. said:

i want another end of desire :celestial2:

i would rot... then and there. decomposed. to nothing.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tyrion_LMG

• josesuxx

• ultraviolence.xx

• Supervillain

17 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

i would rot... then and there. decomposed. to nothing.

oh god... save me.... i want an impossible thing :jonny5:

the incoming serve.... 

33 minutes ago, Babydoll. said:

i listened to kind of girl on rpt in the sun high as fk  and realised its my fave single leading up to the album. really cant wait to hear what the slower tracks are giving!!!! i want another end of desire :celestial2:

For some reason I think we're getting If U Love Me Now instead

I've always considered Never the continuation of End of Desire. But we need a TRILOGY

12 minutes ago, Babydoll. said:

oh god... save me.... i want an impossible thing :jonny5:

the incoming serve.... 

it's over. for me, for you. for all of us.

26 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

For some reason I think we're getting If U Love Me Now instead

I've always considered Never the continuation of End of Desire. But we need a TRILOGY

I always group end of desire with around u and listen to them back 2 back... regardless ur right we need MORE :alexz:

another if u love me now wouldn't hurt either

6 minutes ago, Babydoll. said:

I always group end of desire with around u and listen to them back 2 back...

not me doing this too...

53 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

not me doing this too...

the taste you are exhibiting...

My white vinyl arrived today and I am FLOORED... incredible record. They're incapable of disappointing at this point. Kind of scary how consistent they are. 

My instant favorites are No Idea, Handle Me (sonically this one is like if Everything, Who, and Taken had a baby) and Runner's High. Solid and What I Want also slap, though.

30 minutes ago, Christian. said:

My white vinyl arrived today and I am FLOORED... incredible record. They're incapable of disappointing at this point. Kind of scary how consistent they are. 

My instant favorites are No Idea, Handle Me (sonically this one is like if Everything, Who, and Taken had a baby) and Runner's High. Solid and What I Want also slap, though.

Ugh I just looked and mine is waiting at the post office. Tomorrow it is

This description though :jonny5:

6 hours ago, SitarHero said:

I've always considered Never the continuation of Everything, but I think that's based more on the lyrics than the sound (although both have such a great build-up in sound too)

So not ready for Handle Me after that description :jonny5:

1 hour ago, pavi said:

I've always considered Never the continuation of Everything, but I think that's based more on the lyrics than the sound (although both have such a great build-up in sound too)

So not ready for Handle Me after that description :jonny5:

This I see, too. I was thinking lyrically as well - EOD is like the hopeful side of that "I don't know how to love" sentiment in Never. But then again, that's like half of their discog lol

6 hours ago, Christian. said:

No one talks about Shooting Star, how does it sound like?

I need these girls to produce Taylor’s next record…

Very eager to hear What I Want… especially knowing Leland co produced. 

Finally listened to Home By Now and Kind Of Girl last night, they're so good I was shaking :jonny5: the lyrics WHEW

Not you guys already getting your copies. :jonny2: I'm so jealous.

Okay pop AOTY :jonny5: Gonna post some thoughts for the greedy gals, idk how to spoiler on new ATRL so ignore if you want to be surprised:

What I Want is like if Number One Fan was a more clubby/dance. Like NOF, not the best on the album but serves as the BIG moment

Runner's High, omfg...has that atmospheric vibe of Who and Memento but imagine if they exploded into a bop. I love this one

Handle Me has strong Taken vibes. I partially agree with the previous description but it mainly evokes the first half of Everything, minus the cathartic emo excellence of the ending. The guitar/beats combo is giving 2000s which is a nice vibe for this album. Definitely one of the best songs

No Idea is THE banger, another great uptempo, super catchy. Mitski did that! The post-chorus moment :clap3:

Solid takes me back to some About U vibes, specifically Loudspeaker, I Know a Place, So Special, those kinda defiant songs. Hands Off comes to mind, as well. The guitar adds a unique edge.

Loose Garment is the downtempo girl we knew she was. Even more of the William Orbit vibe I was somewhat catching with Handle Me, which separates it from their previous synth-heavy ballads. Uses strings/horns which feels like new territory and they execute it well.

Shooting Star compares best to Navy Blue and Pink Light for me, but a more ballady last song moment. Very beautiful and lyrical (and I love both of those songs I mentioned).

We're missing a bit of their signature euphoric (Around U, End of Desire) or cathartic (Everything, Never) songs, Runner's High and Home By Now probably come closest on both counts. So it feels distinct from their other albums even though they are true to their sound. I think that's just the nature of leaning into the brighter, happier vibes for them.

Favs: No Idea, Runner's High, Handle Me, Loose Garment

7 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

Okay pop AOTY :jonny5: Gonna post some thoughts for the greedy gals, idk how to spoiler on new ATRL so ignore if you want to be surprised:

What I Want is like if Number One Fan was a more clubby/dance. Like NOF, not the best on the album but serves as the BIG moment

Runner's High, omfg...has that atmospheric vibe of Who and Memento but imagine if they exploded into a bop. I love this one

Handle Me has strong Taken vibes. I partially agree with the previous description but it mainly evokes the first half of Everything, minus the cathartic emo excellence of the ending. The guitar/beats combo is giving 2000s which is a nice vibe for this album. Definitely one of the best songs

No Idea is THE banger, another great uptempo, super catchy. Mitski did that! The post-chorus moment :clap3:

Solid takes me back to some About U vibes, specifically Loudspeaker, I Know a Place, So Special, those kinda defiant songs. Hands Off comes to mind, as well. The guitar adds a unique edge.

Loose Garment is the downtempo girl we knew she was. Even more of the William Orbit vibe I was somewhat catching with Handle Me, which separates it from their previous synth-heavy ballads. Uses strings/horns which feels like new territory and they execute it well.

Shooting Star compares best to Navy Blue and Pink Light for me, but a more ballady last song moment. Very beautiful and lyrical (and I love both of those songs I mentioned).

We're missing a bit of their signature euphoric (Around U, End of Desire) or cathartic (Everything, Never) songs, Runner's High and Home By Now probably come closest on both counts. So it feels distinct from their other albums even though they are true to their sound. I think that's just the nature of leaning into the brighter, happier vibes for them.

Great review, thanks! What is your least favourite song? And how would you place the pre-released songs among your new favs?

It debuts on Metacritic with 89 :duca:

10 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

Great review, thanks! What is your least favourite song? And how would you place the pre-released songs among your new favs?

It debuts on Metacritic with 89 :duca:

Solid is at the bottom for me. I also wasn't as taken with What I Want as I anticipated, but it'll be a fun live staple, it's just that I like all the other songs more

Home By Now and Kind of Girl are sitting pretty alongside my favorites to make up the higher tier of the album. First impression: No Idea >= Runner's High > Home By Now > Handle Me > Loose Garment > Kind of Girl > Silk Chiffon > Anything But Me > Shooting Star > What I Want > Solid

Super hard because SC and ABM are very high quality but I love atmospheric MUNA clearly. However, No Idea is gonna scalp everyone.

13 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

Solid is at the bottom for me. I also wasn't as taken with What I Want as I anticipated, but it'll be a fun live staple, it's just that I like all the other songs more

Home By Now and Kind of Girl are sitting pretty alongside my favorites to make up the higher tier of the album. First impression: No Idea >= Runner's High > Home By Now > Handle Me > Loose Garment > Kind of Girl > Silk Chiffon > Anything But Me > Shooting Star > What I Want > Solid

Super hard because SC and ABM are very high quality but I love atmospheric MUNA clearly. However, No Idea is gonna scalp everyone.

Interesting ranking. I will compare to mine once I listen. It catches my attention that What I Want is at the bottom, insiders have claimed these months that is the standout of the record. I’m scared now ?

im hype

my thought on the singles is currently:

anything but me > home by now (top 2 by faaaar) >>> silk chiffon >>>>>>>> kind of girl (kind of their worst song imo)

8 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

Interesting ranking. I will compare to mine once I listen. It catches my attention that What I Want is at the bottom, insiders have claimed these months that is the standout of the record. I’m scared now ?

Lol I may have set myself up being one of the first to have a personal ranking on here. EYE was a little underwhelmed but I'm sure it'll be a fan favorite still. For instance, I love Kind of Girl and it's gotten a mixed reception, that's just to my taste. On the first listen, I didn't pay as much attention to the slower songs like Loose Garment and people will probably gravitate to the more immediate songs. I was ready for WIW to be my obvious favorite but its just not on the level of their major pop anthems imo (Anything But Me is right there!)

So excited to hear this!

Everyone getting the vinyl early is killing me. On the edge of my seat for what sounds like AOTY. :jonny:

2 hours ago, SitarHero said:

NOT MY FAVORITE SONG OF THEIRS I NEED IT NOW :jonny6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.