• sam.teas

• rehceeb

• bonkbanisters

• ATRL Moderator

Shatter is the best song of 2022. Why?

19 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Shatter is the best song of 2022. Why?

because there are backing vocals by Florence :coffee2:

That's Where I Am is one of my favorite 2022 songs, It gives me early Dido vibes and I'm 100% here for it :duca:

IMO this album is better than her previous one. Sad it missed top 10 in US/Canada/Australia, but at least she got her first top 10 in UK 

14 minutes ago, Cefh said:

That's Where I Am is one of my favorite 2022 songs, It gives me early Dido vibes and I'm 100% here for it :duca:

IMO this album is better than her previous one. Sad it missed top 10 in US/Canada/Australia, but at least she got her first top 10 in UK 

She definitely pushed more for the UK so that makes sense

HIIAPL > Notes > Surrender

WW and TWIA the clear standouts 

Shatter is #3 but the vocals require some getting used to 

I’ve Got A Friend is the only real skip, but there’s a handful of tracks that are just okay. 

Also Anywhere With You is cute - kinda the more bombastic version of this track 

Edited by Rotunda

On 8/8/2022 at 4:22 AM, SimpleKindofLife said:

I’m pissed that it took her 3 years just to release this:rip: she needs to go on another Alaskan hike clearly

like :rip:

Y'all are tasteless and have no shame about it :skull: this shits on her debut 

I basically haven’t listened to any of the album other than WW which I love. Every time I start another song I zone out after 30 seconds. Maybe they just can’t capture my interest, but I felt that way about HIAPL too with some songs. 

anyways…

On 8/9/2022 at 4:53 PM, josesuxx said:

for real :rip: that album is really not great, i don't understand the cult following it's gotten 

I’m kinda surprised how polarizing this seems to be. In my opinion, it’s a very mature and organic follow-up to her debut

And I’m glad she didn’t go down the rehash road despite how easy that would’ve been to do

I am living with this album more and more and it's like a trusting friend you can turn to for comfort. Such great songs.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:53 PM, josesuxx said:

No, both of her albums are great :clap3:

• 4 weeks later...

hate to say this, but it has aged quite poorly 

HIIAPL was much better & still sounds fresh even to this day :biblio:

yeah this album was a disappointment all around. Nothing to really hook you in outside of Want Want, which is a shame because I loved her debut

Anywhere with You and Shatter are both exceptional moments in 2022 alt/indie pop :clap3:

This album is much better than her debut!!! The last 3 tracks arent it for me but other than that im obsesseddd

As someone who loves HIIAPL - I could see why people find it sorta basic. But Surrender just feels really different in a great way and I can see so much artistic progression with this album. Maggie sounds so free and confident on here and I love that

the WORST color variant out of them all - and I still don't know where it even came from  :biblio:

yZYgGZOnMT4.jpg?size=401x443&quality=96&YJkpIg4QBDE.jpg?size=398x451&quality=96& 

Edited by original_lifeline

4 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

the WORST color variant out of them all - and I still don't know where it even came from  :biblio:

yZYgGZOnMT4.jpg?size=401x443&quality=96&YJkpIg4QBDE.jpg?size=398x451&quality=96& 

It’s advertised as the same “spring green” variant but it’s the version sold mainly in Europe/UK (made in Czech Republic) and it came out more translucent. The “spring green” sold mainly in North America (made in Canada) came out opaque like the mock-ups!

finally got my vinyl - was kinda surprised because this particular Target copy has an orange strip on the back, which matches the indie exclusive orange color variant and not the Target one, but nevermind :duca:

3LRXT_YnsWI.jpg?size=1065x1280&quality=9 

@VeniceBeachdo you like my new vinyl?

Edited by original_lifeline