Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just now, Butters said:

Yena is probably the Chungha of IZ*ONE. Her solo did really well

 

Will she be giving us her Rollercoaster/Gotta Go/Snapping 1-2-3 punch? 
 

I’m surprised they’re all doing relatively well in comparison to I.O.I where all the girls sans like 3 of them were flopping 

I don't get the talk around this Sakura girl she doesn't scream 'main character' at all to me from what they've teased so far  :thing: She is rather funny looking too idk if the concept they are going for suits her 

3 hours ago, sunmimi imfurst said:
 

Third gen had more interesting concepts than fourth thus far :clap3: At least Aespa is serving a biT in this area.

 

IVE have cute songs and MV but it’s not really a momenT if you know what I mean? 

And I don’t think IVE is trying to do anything more than that. They’re just delivering bops and gorgeous visuals, we need that balance in kpop :cm: 

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

And I don’t think IVE is trying to do anything more than that. They’re just delivering bops and gorgeous visuals, we need that balance in kpop :cm: 

Exactly no more experimental mess they better stick at making good music and being pretty :coffee2:

3 minutes ago, Butters said:

Yena is probably the Chungha of IZ*ONE. Her solo did really well

 

Ugh I miss the times when the female soloists were simultaneously smashing. ChungHa, Sunmi, Hwasa :jonny2:

I mean they could come back stronger again….(but can they? Since koriya is kinda ageist for female idols if you’re not IU or Taeyeon or Heize) 

Swinging so hard until you fell and hit a car below, how fearless :clap3:

 

They did Eunchae the dirtiest, i can barely see ha :deadbanana4:

 

Chaewon rocking the bob and sexy image :gaycatina1:

 

Sakura with a standing mic scene, her lead vocalist era? :alexz:

 

Garam is so pretty tbh, Kazuha and Yunjin too, they are really coming for blood :siptea:

5 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

I don't get the talk around this Sakura girl she doesn't scream 'main character' at all to me from what they've teased so far  :thing: She is rather funny looking too idk if the concept they are going for suits her 

Sakura pulls in an extraordinary amount of bulkbuys year after year and shes in her second decade as an idol. Everyone wants an idol who can shift at least 300k copies by herself. That's why she's so  in demand.

For some reason, I feel like Lesserafim music is gonna be good if we look at ENHYPEN’s music. Both groups seem to be following the similar darker concept-heavy route in HYBE style. 
(but I need to see some actual plot instead of just ramp modeling and photoshoots from these girls though :rip:)

There wasn't anything hugely interesting in that Lesserafim teaser, the girl randomly zooming around in a go-kart was funny though  :deadbanana4:

Someone said the LE SSERAFIM concept trailer was delayed by a day because some of the files got corrupted (Sakura’s scenes on the racecar) that’s why it feels so disjointed and there’s a reverse scene at the end that doesnt really add anything. so messy lol 

1 hour ago, Taeyong said:

 

Eunchae N/A

She’s either talentless or she serves Hyewon and it would ruin the video :dies:

 

Wait maybe her scenes were corrupted too 

Edited by BTS

6 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

For some reason, I feel like Lesserafim music is gonna be good if we look at ENHYPEN’s music. Both groups seem to be following the similar darker concept-heavy route in HYBE style. 
(but I need to see some actual plot instead of just ramp modeling and photoshoots from these girls though :rip:)

Idk what HYBE’s musical trend for this year will be but if BTS is any indication then LESSERAFIM will be a try hard rap/girl crush release 

 

King Haknyeon finally getting to promote a movie he was announced to star in 100 years ago. :jonnycat:

I'm kinda perched for their british cigarette pseudo feminist concept of their japanese comeback titled "She's the boss". My fave is one of the few members that actually knows how to pose.

 

FQDMZNuaAAESOt1?format=jpg&name=large

 

 

5 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

For some reason, I feel like Lesserafim music is gonna be good if we look at ENHYPEN’s music. Both groups seem to be following the similar darker concept-heavy route in HYBE style. 
(but I need to see some actual plot instead of just ramp modeling and photoshoots from these girls though :rip:)

That's the Iland girl group from Belift, Le Sserafim is from Source Music 

4 minutes ago, Butters said:

Someone said the LE SSERAFIM concept trailer was delayed by a day because some of the files got corrupted (Sakura’s scenes on the racecar) that’s why it feels so disjointed and there’s a reverse scene at the end that doesnt really add anything. so messy lol 

not the Mr Mr-print already

5 minutes ago, BTS said:

Eunchae N/A

She’s either talentless or she serves Hyewon and it would ruin the video :dies:

 

Wait maybe her scenes were corrupted too 

she’s a dancer, they recruited her from a dance academy and you can find a couple of her dance covers online. I thought she was Garam at first they look so similar :shutup: 

1 minute ago, Winmill De Kwynn said:

Behold the power of Boy Love :bam::bam::bam:
 

 

Which member was in the BL?

19 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

I don't get the talk around this Sakura girl she doesn't scream 'main character' at all to me from what they've teased so far  :thing: She is rather funny looking too idk if the concept they are going for suits her 

Sakura is an Artist who challenges herself and she worked hard to improve. This path became more and more evident since her first appearance on Produce 48, during which she realized the differences  between her skills and those of (most of) the Korean contestants.. 
 

Her aura is extremely interesting to me because it reflects a feeling that surrounds a side of Japan’s contemporary pop culture. It is undeniable that K-Pop took over J-Pop in terms of international recognition.

 

This mainly dynamic is (mostly) due to South Korea’s export + digital approach, factors that have been almost non existent in <most of> J-Pop, which is still a quite physical-driven industry. Things started to slightly change recently, but the gap has been there for over a decade now.

 

(Internationally) Japan’s pop culture, anime and manga aside, is in the shadow due to K-Pop’s takeover. As someone whose been into J-Pop for 15 years now, I strongly feel like a nice part of its industry feels a bit lost due to the whole situation. I genuinely think that Sakura is aware of this, she partially talked about how she feels “angry” about Japanese idols not as respected as Korean idols when it comes to international market and that she wants to prove that they’re great as well.

 

Overall, her improvement has been huge and I’m truly looking forward to see her future steps with LE SSERAFIM. Also, she has her own management when it comes to Japanese activities and, right now, there’s also a nice market gap in Japan if you look at female solo artists, I think it’s possible she might be want to challenge herself as a solo artist as well in the future.

 

To me, Sakura is the most interesting idol K-Pop has seen in a long time.

 

this was so FUN. the random hate in here :rip:

Edited by Héloïse

39 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Will she be giving us her Rollercoaster/Gotta Go/Snapping 1-2-3 punch? 
 

I’m surprised they’re all doing relatively well in comparison to I.O.I where all the girls sans like 3 of them were flopping 

Clearly their labels learned from the mess that were the post-IOI groups. The problem with them is they all came from smaller companies that had no idea what to do with their success. They put 1 or 2 girls from IOI with like 9 other girls & expected them to smash, without promoting any of the other members that weren't in IOI. Their management sucked for the most part too.

Pristin had tons of potential but then...:priceless:

 

IVE is the perfect example of what these companies should've done. The non-IZ*ONE girls are talented & visually appealing, they all get their fair share of solo promo, & the group is given fun, catchy bops. That's it really 

Edited by Billionaire

Wonyoung crying at a fansign :chick1: the OP told her she was struggling in her personal life but Wonyoung helps her make it through the day

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.