Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

I'm not going to lie, I throw up in my mouth a little every time one of u tasteless hags drags SOTY contender "Ven Para", praying for all of your ears :heart2:

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I really liked the LE SSERAFIM trailer. Yes they're giving models but it still felt fresh and intriguing to me. There were really cool shots and it was just enough to know what their aesthetic is while keeping me engaged and interested. I really dug the way it was shot like an A24 horror movie, the use of negative space was so pleasing

Edited by mokitsu

2 hours ago, Vrx. said:

Still kinda fascinating that I.O.I was only a year without any extensions and the group never really did much. The girls were debuting with other groups in the middle of the damn promotion it literally made 0 sense

They learned a few things from those mistakes.  And what they learned is that these shows are a good cash grab but do a horrible job at promoting future groups.  That some girls from Iz*one aren't even at the same companies as when they participated on the show would've been unthinkable 6 years ago.

 

:cm:

 

Korean netizens found BTOB Sungjae's girlfriend and WOW she's a dead ringer for Karina

 

 

Image

 

 

Image

 

 

I did a double take. 

4 hours ago, Britney Jean said:

omg i could see that happened tbh. HYBE in their high horse were 100% sure no one would reject their offer and probably already got some major investors in but hearing Minju rejected the offer, some of the investors maybe opted out of it and that makes HYBE mad. But we wouldn't have gotten Kazuha if Minju didn't join, right? Wish i'm wrong and Minju could book some roles soon. 

Sakura chaewon yunjin minju kazuha would've been such a slay.... But alas the world was not ready for such power :chick3:

booked queen :clap3:saida's stint as an ambassador last year must have been profitable for Apieu for them to extend dahyun's contract. the only remaining member in twice that don't have any long term cfs is Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Hopefully Jype can find one for them. 

 

 

5 hours ago, Flomik said:

the dramatics

:ahh:some of the members looking so confused as to why he's crying nnn 

Edited by rapperjennie

22 minutes ago, dangerlady said:

booked queen :clap3:saida's stint as an ambassador last year must have been profitable for Apieu for them to extend dahyun's contract. the only remaining member in twice that don't have any long term cfs is Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Hopefully Jype can find one for them. 

 

Jihyo and Jeongyeon both got sponsored multiple times, I don't get why the company doesn't allow them to get a full on contract, ig Jeongyeon might be a personal choice for now, plus I doubt Ralph Lauren can fully hire her without a solo IG, but Jihyo had Under Armor and TheBodyShop trying to book her (probably a lot of sporty brands too) and they didn't go further, at least she got an OST ig 

Chaeyoung in the other hand... I think for her it's harder, the ones she'd fit I doubt the company would allow as they'd be a bit too out of Twice's brand, and her popularity in Korea also doesn't help to book basic stuff that doesn't require a certain image:rip:

7 hours ago, Billionaire said:

A kii how all of these companies went girl crush for their groups, hoping to achieve even a fraction of BP's global success, then here comes IVE with a concept & sound completely opposite of BP's literally stomping on everyone else globally :rip:

Granted I don't think they're BP level yet but for a rookie girl group from a non-big4 company their numbers are really impressive. 

Opposite? :celestial5: That's really a stretch considering they model after BP's rich kids/IG models aesthetics

13 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Jihyo and Jeongyeon both got sponsored multiple times, I don't get why the company doesn't allow them to get a full on contract, ig Jeongyeon might be a personal choice for now, plus I doubt Ralph Lauren can fully hire her without a solo IG, but Jihyo had Under Armor and TheBodyShop trying to book her (probably a lot of sporty brands too) and they didn't go further, at least she got an OST ig 

Chaeyoung in the other hand... I think for her it's harder, the ones she'd fit I doubt the company would allow as they'd be a bit too out of Twice's brand, and her popularity in Korea also doesn't help to book basic stuff that doesn't require a certain image:rip:

I think the company is limiting how many cfs one individual could have. Or they are creating an image for that certain member like she only promotes expensive stuff kind of image. I can't imagine how Nayeon, who is considered as the face of Twice and the most popular member can only have one long term cf deal. 

 

I was hoping the OST will be more popular. It would have helped her individual branding. 

 

I know a lot of Onces think this is bogus but this is the only thing that is consistently updated...the difference between April 2021 when they are starting the individual push and April 2022 when a lot of the girls appear in magazines, cfs and more talk about because of a SOLO rumor. If they comeback promoting in variety shows they will probably be back in the top 10. 

Spoiler

 

 

After she got viral because of that one couple photoshoot, Hyeri's booking magazine pictorials every month.

 

12 minutes ago, dangerlady said:

After she got viral because of that one couple photoshoot, Hyeri's booking magazine pictorials every month.

That thing with Tony Ahn is the most successful idol scandal ever.

 

:cm:

36 minutes ago, Sept said:

Opposite? :celestial5: That's really a stretch considering they model after BP's rich kids/IG models aesthetics

Right I’m so confused. They’re the closest 4th gen group to actually matching BP’s visuals/aesthetic :deadbanana2:

39 minutes ago, Sept said:

Opposite? :celestial5: That's really a stretch considering they model after BP's rich kids/IG models aesthetics

 

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Right I’m so confused. They’re the closest 4th gen group to actually matching BP’s visuals/aesthetic :deadbanana2:

 

Yeah I agree. It's not like IVE are going the full on GFriend innocent concept. Their concept is very on par with BP and other 4th gen groups. Just cause their music doesn't have a teddy drop or aespa change up doesn't mean it's not some variation of girl crush.:celestial5:

15 hours ago, Maleficent said:

idk maybe the same way we know taeyong has a big one

 

14 hours ago, levi_valvi said:

So just delusions and fantasies :chick3:

Wait so do we actually know if he has a big one or is it just a joke :jonny5:

11 hours ago, ZENO said:

Sakura is an Artist who challenges herself and she worked hard to improve. This path became more and more evident since her first appearance on Produce 48, during which she realized the differences  between her skills and those of (most of) the Korean contestants.. 
 

Her aura is extremely interesting to me because it reflects a feeling that surrounds a side of Japan’s contemporary pop culture. It is undeniable that K-Pop took over J-Pop in terms of international recognition.

 

This mainly dynamic is (mostly) due to South Korea’s export + digital approach, factors that have been almost non existent in <most of> J-Pop, which is still a quite physical-driven industry. Things started to slightly change recently, but the gap has been there for over a decade now.

 

(Internationally) Japan’s pop culture, anime and manga aside, is in the shadow due to K-Pop’s takeover. As someone whose been into J-Pop for 15 years now, I strongly feel like a nice part of its industry feels a bit lost due to the whole situation. I genuinely think that Sakura is aware of this, she partially talked about how she feels “angry” about Japanese idols not as respected as Korean idols when it comes to international market and that she wants to prove that they’re great as well.

 

Overall, her improvement has been huge and I’m truly looking forward to see her future steps with LE SSERAFIM. Also, she has her own management when it comes to Japanese activities and, right now, there’s also a nice market gap in Japan if you look at female solo artists, I think it’s possible she might be want to challenge herself as a solo artist as well in the future.

 

To me, Sakura is the most interesting idol K-Pop has seen in a long time.

To be honest I feel like I understand but I'm also a little lost so I'm gonna sort of reiterate what you said just to make sure I comprehended right. In terms of the international market, what about the J-line in TWICE? Or do you mean as in it is the idea that she basically wants to make a name for Japanese idols and artists internationally overall on to like the same level that Korean entertainment is right now? And then in turn with the hope that whenever she gains the recognition that Japanese idols deserve, she might become a soloist in Japan in which there is a market gap right now?

42 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

That thing with Tony Ahn is the most successful idol scandal ever.

 

:cm:

It really is :laugh:. Her company mediaplayed it and it open doors for her. She got invited to variety shows that got her more viral. 

It’ll be interesting seeing them lip sync all together, but I know Karina is gonna stomp them all  :bam:

7 minutes ago, ayndr said:

 

Now we can wait for the real meltdowns :bunny:

Omggggggg :deadbanana:

 

Here comes the meltdowns 

Girl groups being the main event for both weekends. No girl group was ever the main event at a US festival before this :WAP:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.