Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, thetea said:

dreamlover is so overrated by lambs. it’s honestly my fav mariah song. it’s pop perfection 

You mean underrated?

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 695.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

Rewatching it, it looks like they forgot to turn her mic on for some of BDE and she motioned someone to turn up her mic during Obsessed but it wasn't turned on until Honey. 

 

That overlapping run in the middle of Honey she sang right over ? 

 

For the teleprompter thing, I believe it. She hates giving herself praise and it looks like they wanted her to talk about Hero in a way she was uncomfortable with relaying, even if true. 

 

The opening for WBT she sounded like she did in 2005 woooooo. Please rest that voice more!

 

The climax for WBT is still weird because she goes from head to chest and back without any breath in a way that doesn't sound humanly possible. She was the best at this in her prime, but even her prime vocals shouldn't achieve that kinda register shifting. 

 

Hero had such a nice thickness to her sound that I haven't heard in a minute. She was holding notes and transitioning into runs and there was nary a staccato insertion ANYWHERE. I don't miss those jagged staccato runs AT ALL. I cant tell if that Hero belt was lipped, but it does sound NEW and it was so good. 

 

 

 

Edited by Ibrahim

Just now, Rocket said:

You mean underrated?

yeah whoops. i’m so tired, i’ve worked 19 hours in 2 days and barely had any sleep.

 

anyway, i’m so excited. i’m in the process of getting the UO butterfly, rarities 4LP, #1s US rsd and rainbow uo red for $300 NZD which is such a good price. I don’t think the person understands that the rarities 4lp alone is worth more than $300

Just now, thetea said:

yeah whoops. i’m so tired, i’ve worked 19 hours in 2 days and barely had any sleep.

 

anyway, i’m so excited. i’m in the process of getting the UO butterfly, rarities 4LP, #1s US rsd and rainbow uo red for $300 NZD which is such a good price. I don’t think the person understands that the rarities 4lp alone is worth more than $300

Well sis, you better keep that to yourself.

 

We love a steal.

4 minutes ago, thetea said:

yeah whoops. i’m so tired, i’ve worked 19 hours in 2 days and barely had any sleep.

 

 

Are you me? 

28 minutes ago, Rocket said:

 

KprQNvf.gif

 

:rip:

Serving robot trying to fit in but had too much hydraulic fluid and compromised her CPU. 

 

spacer.png

Edited by Ibrahim

She serious needs to press The Remixes on vinyl ASAP.... someone get it going for RSD 2023 :weeps:

 

Edit: the way it'd need to be pressed on 4lp too because the mixes are so long :spin:

8 hours ago, noonbob said:

Smelly stanky ***** confirmed, so Nick was telling the truth.

 

hwLOctz.gif

:bibliahh:

Where's the interview you guys were talking about where she shades Weakness of the Body?

Mariah last served upper belts in MCIIY era. Her voice was almost intact during her pregnancy probably because she stayed away from booze.

She should do that again. Her voice is likable for its unusually rich fluidity.

10 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Where's the interview you guys were talking about where she shades Weakness of the Body?

It was the Twitter Spaces she did.

I hope the 9/11 comment wont blew up the internet

why is she doing it to herself lol wtf

 

and so much talking, like gurl the diva breaks with ur oldie make up “artist” aint funny. Nobody gives s h t about him or u drinking tea

Edited by DemDam92

8 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Remember when she said her voice was back 

 

tumblr_inline_r4mwpyBdfy1qktomp_500.gif

8 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Bipolar acting up something fierce

 

tumblr_inline_r4mwpyBdfy1qktomp_500.gif

8 hours ago, Saddy said:

Someone throw a tomato at her so she starts to sing

 

8 hours ago, Jaay said:

I can’t believe we’ve reached the time where even the lipped pre records sound bad 

8 hours ago, suburbannature said:

I'm tired of the unprofessionalism efkjbfbe

 

tumblr_inline_r4mwpyBdfy1qktomp_500.gif

Alllllllllllllllll of this!

She should just retire, doing nothing but ******* up ha legacy like Madead.

 

hwLOctz.gif

 

Silly ***** spewing **** on stage, no one wants to hear that. Totally unprofessional.

 

hwLOctz.gif

 

No voice, 90% was playback. Where is the vocal ability she claimed to have restored?

 

hwLOctz.gif

 

At least Bryan was looking skinny and fine.

 

hwLOctz.gif

 

Tommy shoulda abducted ha and locked her away in Sing Sing 2.0 forever

 

hwLOctz.gif

 

 

 

4 hours ago, James_Dean said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

i honestly thought that was JLo for a moment

 

She really does look like J Lo there if you squint :bibliahh:

Unless she stops drinking, gets her nodules removed and gets a vocal coach her voice is going to remain inconsistent and substandard.

 

If she’s not going to do any of the above she should stop performing live.

 

abdda4e5da525196701c248a537fffea.gif

The 9/11 mess :bibliahh: She really should refrain from her ramblings when she’s doing a general show. It’s okay for the lambs but makes her seem unhinged to the GP

As someone that has loved Mariah literally the majority of my life, it might be time to stop performing.

 

Obviously I know she won’t, and I wouldn’t if I were her, cause of money.

 

These days, it’s clear when she’s lipping. It’s not 2008 where the tracks were less noticeable. The reason for that is because I think maybe she’s actually lost her voice. So when the tracks come on, it’s a whole different thing. 
 

But the biggest issue seems to be her lack of caring of her performances. It’s evident. So many times we’ve heard “we didn’t get to rehearse.” Do you think Beyoncé (who isn’t even on the level of Mariah yet) would ever say that on stage? I think it’s because Mariah knows the product isn’t there.

 

This was an essay but I really think someone of her team just needs to let her know none of this is good. I think her legacy brand is so extremely profitable (streams, songwriting, etc) that no one is focused on these performances but this is truly going to just be where it stays the rest of her career if she doesn’t put more effort (festival performances, etc).

8 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Has anyone?

qCADaA5.gif

Don’t act like you haven’t binged Dawson’s Creek.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.