Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

this whole Butterfly25 ordeal has turned out disastrous. her web store and UO have $30 us dollar shipping which is outrageous. it would've been over $60 dollars for the casette alone for me to buy, and the honey vinyl would be well over $70. i'm hoping the honey UO vinyl turns out the same as the fantasy one and resells for only like $15 dollars on discogs

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 700.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

Moo needs to stop talking about these projects until she’s finalised them. :deadbanana4: This is like her talking about having an album ready in 2012 and then not releasing MIAM until 2014.

She can keep the gospel duets album and whatever live lounge **** she talked about as long as she gives us SUD untouched.

 

 

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

@Rocket send me a deluxe Butterfly since you probably got 5 of them

I only got three copies.

 

IEQYQPv.gif

6 hours ago, suburbannature said:

She can keep the gospel duets album and whatever live lounge **** she talked about as long as she gives us SUD untouched.

 

 

 

7 hours ago, Rocket said:

I only got three copies.

 

IEQYQPv.gif

One for you, me, and @suburbannature. Darling, I love the way you think!

IEQYQPv.gif

10 hours ago, thetea said:

this is exactly what i was thinking. i'd say that all of mariah's videos up until around 2005-2006 would've definitely been filmed (after that, it's most probably shot digitally), meaning she could remaster them in 4k if she chose to. her videography would look so much better and modern if she remastered them all. sure it would be expensive, but it's worth it for the fans and for new viewers. the crybaby music video is an atrocity as is the underneath the stars video which I suspect was shot on videotape, meaning theres no chance for a higher resolution scan.

we belong together deserves a 4k remaster. after all, it is one of her biggest hits. for now, this remaster looks amazing and doesn't have that artificial look that other digital remasters have. 

 

This video looks like it was reordered with 35mm film, but I'm not sure if the footage survived that big Universal studio fire back in 2008

Will we get the 20th anniversary of Charmbracelet with all songs on one CD?

11 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

Will we get the 20th anniversary of Charmbracelet with all songs on one CD?

Of course not

11 hours ago, thetea said:

this is exactly what i was thinking. i'd say that all of mariah's videos up until around 2005-2006 would've definitely been filmed (after that, it's most probably shot digitally), meaning she could remaster them in 4k if she chose to. her videography would look so much better and modern if she remastered them all. sure it would be expensive, but it's worth it for the fans and for new viewers. the crybaby music video is an atrocity as is the underneath the stars video which I suspect was shot on videotape, meaning theres no chance for a higher resolution scan.

we belong together deserves a 4k remaster. after all, it is one of her biggest hits. for now, this remaster looks amazing and doesn't have that artificial look that other digital remasters have. 

 

looks great, although slightly blue filter bothers me a bit.

 

in the fact that Mariah team tried to give us this upscale in 4K :rip: scam & disrespect. 

 

19 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

why does the color grading on the original film look better?

It's called color grading (a bad one in our case)

 

gmhdf80yCWHEq40wVkxu65qlLZ2DR7dfQVqt2bM3

 

 

The original 4K footage was clearly untouched so they just re-added the yellow tint cause that's the way the MV is meant to be seen. 

Edited by Totami Legend

19 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

On the little documentary...

 

The difference in the quality of the 35mm footage and the "upscale" video they used is so apparent... :toofunny3: I know they changed this and updated the video to a native 4k scan, but why does the color grading on the original film look better?

 

It just drives me insane that labels are sitting on treasure troves of iconic 35mm film music videos from so many iconic artists... And some opting to upscale the originals to avoid having to pay someone to recut the film digitally. They honestly need to find FANS with film experience... I know some of y'all could have an entire videographies upgraded to stunning 4k with no questions asked. The fact we could have entire 4k videographies of Mariah, Madonna, Britney, Kylie etc, and they're just letting the film sit in the vaults... :jonny5:

It's bothering me a lot too , we should start a petition or something

 

YsEo3xA.gif

 

I don't care that much for vinyls but I would pay good money for Mariah's entire videography in 4K

 

3 hours ago, Musicology said:

This video looks like it was reordered with 35mm film, but I'm not sure if the footage survived that big Universal studio fire back in 2008

It was shot by Brett ratner so definitely wasn't shot with low quality equipment. He must have a copy of sorts. 

41 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

It's bothering me a lot too , we should start a petition or something

 

YsEo3xA.gif

 

I don't care that much for vinyls but I would pay good money for Mariah's entire videography in 4K

 

This.

 

YsEo3xA.gif

5 hours ago, James_Dean said:

One for you, me, and @suburbannature. Darling, I love the way you think!

IEQYQPv.gif

bTTkKHA.gif

 

My Butterfly cassettes shipped.

 

Come through Moo.

10 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

About to eat some honey while listening to honey 

 

Y7YxVTj.gif

And when you say honey, do you mean honey or honey?
 

Y7YxVTj.gif

2 minutes ago, Daydream said:

And when you say honey, do you mean honey or honey?
 

Y7YxVTj.gif

I have a sore throat

 

Y7YxVTj.gif

 

 

7 hours ago, Musicology said:

This video looks like it was reordered with 35mm film, but I'm not sure if the footage survived that big Universal studio fire back in 2008

yeah, i'm sure that film recording was still the standard up until around 2009-2011. she really needs to remaster her videos though, you know its bad when fans remaster the videos better than people paid to remaster it

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.