• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArtForFreedom

• Lover

• dabunique

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

the obsession!

none of this would be tolerated if we'd even HINT to that OR make a joke about gaga being "inspired".

Always wish Music/AL era Madonna would've covered this. Imagine her voice on this. :heart2:

On 4/21/2022 at 7:55 PM, Dark Miracles said:

So are we going to talk about the melody of Harry Stiles new song being very reminiscent of Masterpiece?

I know I'm not the only one hearing it

I can't hear any similiarities. To me it sounds like a Lily Allen "It's Not Me, It's You" era track.

1 hour ago, wanderlust said:

the obsession!

none of this would be tolerated if we'd even HINT to that OR make a joke about gaga being "inspired".

I've responded to them. lol.

I don't think Express Yourself sounds anything like Respect Yourself, tbh.

Is Madonnanation down for everyone else? I haven't been able to get on for a few days.

1 hour ago, TheRealGâteau said:

Also still waiting for this thing to leak in full. ugh. 

We need the Drowned World multi screen Music backdrop to leak in full first.

On 4/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, Dark Miracles said:

So are we going to talk about the melody of Harry Stiles new song being very reminiscent of Masterpiece?

i only heard the song twice and i wasn't paying attention but tbh i didn't clock that at all 

17 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

Is Madonnanation down for everyone else? I haven't been able to get on for a few days.

Thank goodness 

“Paradise (Not for Me)” hits different in 2022.

Also here to say “Easy Ride” is underrated and one of her most gorgeous album closers. The strings! 

On 4/21/2022 at 1:55 PM, Dark Miracles said:

which song? As it was? I'll have to give it a listen 

8 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

Me neither. :confused:

9 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

I've responded to them. lol.

I don't think Express Yourself sounds anything like Respect Yourself, tbh.

it doesn't. gaga fans just clinged to that theory after someone on rolling stone said the song refers to "respect yourself". it just has the literal lyrics "respect yourself", and that's about it.

8 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

“Paradise (Not for Me)” hits different in 2022.

Also here to say “Easy Ride” is underrated and one of her most gorgeous album closers. The strings! 

some of her best songs.. she's so underrated as an artist and songwriter. if only they were played on the radio or more people heard those songs and not just "material girl"

3 hours ago, wanderlust said:

it doesn't. gaga fans just clinged to that theory after someone on rolling stone said the song refers to "respect yourself". it just has the literal lyrics "respect yourself", and that's about it.

well mom never said that she got an email from the staple singers ha team so :michael:

barcelona won i fear. :gaycatina1:

12 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

3 hours ago, LikeaRebel said:

Me neither. :confused:

5 hours ago, wanderlust said:

some of her best songs.. she's so underrated as an artist and songwriter. if only they were played on the radio or more people heard those songs and not just "material girl"

She’s legendary, iconic and everything in between. Everyone who has an ear knows just how talented am creative she is. If they let silly antics that are harmless affect that, they can listen to “Human Nature” on repeat and continue to prove her point. She’s a gem and a global treasure. 

15 hours ago, The Next Day said:

I can't hear any similiarities. To me it sounds like a Lily Allen "It's Not Me, It's You" era track.

14 hours ago, John Slayne said:

i only heard the song twice and i wasn't paying attention but tbh i didn't clock that at all 

13 hours ago, ArtForFreedom said:

which song? As it was? I'll have to give it a listen 

Every time that song comes on the radio and the chorus starts, my brain automatically segways into

“And I’m

Right by your side”

:devil:

3 hours ago, Lover said:

well mom never said that she got an email from the staple singers ha team so :michael:

barcelona won i fear. :gaycatina1:

That Barcelona venue look amazing! I hope to visit it some day :heart:

15 minutes ago, ArtForFreedom said:

giphy.gif

Ugh.... Let it go already. 

2 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Every time that song comes on the radio and the chorus starts, my brain automatically segways into

“And I’m

Right by your side”

:devil:

Ok I think I understand what you mean. There's this short pause between "And I'm (pause) right by your side" and "In this world (pause) it's just us" that gives those lines a similiar "rhythm" to me. There's also a kind of melody "jump" in the choruses: "Like a (incoming high note) thief (melody descends) in the night" "It's just us / (high note) You know (melody descends) it's not the same..." 

Definetly a coincidence, but I get why you would be reminded of Masterpiece.

Edited by The Next Day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.