Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, Namiskine said:

The way she AVOIDED that question :dies:

 

 

Already booked for her next role?

:ryan3:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 minutes ago, ROARyals said:

Just came back from watching and whew. It was SO GOOD. 

 

Gaga SHINEDDD and she was such a great character. Supporting, sure, but very relevant. Her talents were on fill

display, the character was great too.


This washes the first one - which I didn't really like as it was so dark, nonsensical and incel coded. The plot here is a massive upgrade, and hearing the Harlequin songs in their context in the movie was SUCH a great moment. 


Close to You's scene… wow. Wooo my fave.

 

I really liked this movie! It was an upgrade over the original in every way: cinematography, plot, and it's still very, very crazy like the first one. 

 

My theatre was hooked. People were shhing. People gasped. When I left the theatre, one random employee asked me about it, and another gave me a free JFAD poster I'll be hanging with pride.

 

Ugh… Gaga you will ALWAYS be famous. 

Praise GodGa 🙏🙏🙏🙏 

3 minutes ago, eleganceislearned said:

 I know Dior's been good to her, but they're one of least exciting houses atm. 

Is it Dior?

 

For a second I thought it could be LV 

Edited by PlERRE

The wig is certainly a choice but the colour, oh wow :jonny2:

 

She looks gorgeous!

3 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

first initial thoughts spoiler free

 

-Gár was great in every scene, though as many already noted, severely underused

-the transcendence to Harley should've been more focused instead of a dragged out Law & Order episode 

-Joaquin was excellent as always, definitely has a nack for a singing career if he ever wanted to sorry Bradley

-not something regular CM / DC fans will probably enjoy or will definitely be scratching their heads by the end 

-overall great to see Phillips take a bold great risk in the CMU but segregating it to a courtroom drama doesn't fully achieve the swing that initial impressions thought it out to be

Agree with all of your points

 

I think it's unfortunate that CM/DC fans are scared off of this because we see so much of Arthur/Joker and Joaquin is really good and makes some bold new choices

Spoiler

Like the Joker courtroom preacher voice dddd

1 minute ago, Thin White Duke said:

Not even Gár will make me watch an MCU movie, please, no.

Maybe DCU booking her for Harley Quinn spin off after the universal praise she got in this role. Changing director of course, make it more commercial. The question is will she take it if the movie is less Oscar oriented.

I just found out about the jimmy kimmel thread

 

why tf it has 9 pages? :deadbanana2:

 

 

6 minutes ago, ROARyals said:

Just came back from watching from early fan screenings in my IMAX and whew. It was SO GOOD. 

 

Gaga SHINEDDD and she was such a great character. Supporting, sure, but very relevant. Her talents were on full display, Lee the character was great too.


This washes the first one - which I didn't really like as it was so dark, nonsensical and incel coded. The plot here is a massive upgrade, and hearing the Harlequin songs in their context in the movie was SUCH a great moment. 


Close to You's scene… wow. Wooo my fave.

 

I really liked this movie! It was an upgrade over the original in every way: cinematography, plot, and it's still very, very crazy like the first one. 

 

My theatre was hooked. People were shhing. People gasped. When I left the theatre, one random employee asked me about it, and another gave me a free JFAD poster I'll be hanging with pride.

 

Ugh… Gaga you will ALWAYS be famous. 

this is what i needed to hear

 

ooo im so hyped

 

ljS5OkX.gif

So what I am hearing from those who saw the movie is that Gaga is deserving of an Oscar nom for her acting? Actress or supporting? 

2 minutes ago, TrymeB said:

So what I am hearing from those who saw the movie is that Gaga is deserving of an Oscar nom for her acting? Actress or supporting? 

She's pretty good in what they gave her to do, I'll say that.

 

I'll just say there's no way to argue that she's lead

Edited by Almodusa

I already love Harlequin and hearing you all say the movie elevates the album makes me so damn excited :DWAS:

Didn't the guy that asked about the superhero movie also asked her about Joker when the buzz about her casting was just beginning? 

Does watching the movie make you realise why Gaga recorded Harlequin (as opposed to just the movie soundtrack that will be coming this week)? 

1 minute ago, Almodusa said:

She's pretty good in what they gave her to do, I'll say that.

 

 'll just say there's no way to argue that she's lead

From a screentime perspective or the plot relevance perspective? Because if it's screentime problem Oscars doesn't care if the character is the core piece of the plot despite short screentime.

4 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

this is what i needed to hear

 

ooo im so hyped

 

ljS5OkX.gif

Oh I'm so pleased. Her BEST movie. The more I sit and reflect the more I enjoy it. I can understand some of the criticisms, but like after Todd said there'd be no sequel, this was a great response to the first one. 
 

All of these meltdowns in this thread? Over critics predictably semi-panning this after the first? I mean… idk what to say, this movie was just the perfect sequel/upgrade while also going in a new direction.


Todd and Joaquin you will also always be famous :clap3:

Just now, notshawn said:

is it true folie a deux now has lyrics in the film? thanks.

Yes. Confirmed by Miss @hausofdave

Just now, TrymeB said:

Does watching the movie make you realise why Gaga recorded Harlequin (as opposed to just the movie soundtrack that will be coming this week)? 

Mm I think it's because she loved that aspect of the movie so much she wanted to do her own 

Spoiler

Also Joaquin snatched some of the songs in the actual movie, not her

 

1 minute ago, notshawn said:

is it true folie a deux now has lyrics in the film? thanks.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, justin. said:

I already love Harlequin and hearing you all say the movie elevates the album makes me so damn excited :DWAS:

Elevates it SO well. It's like when a music video makes a song better, but to the extreme. Close to You's moment?? I will never recover like - I fell in love with the movie at that moment.

i was looking through twitter and it gaga is being praised a lot

the biggest criticism seems that the movie is kinda pointless

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.