Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Yeah I’m gonna try to just stay out of here until something is officially announced. I still have some hope for Q2 but the speculation is too much :penguin:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I personally think it's more important for Gaga to have a single with long staying power inside the top 20 instead of a quick #1 hit that fizzles out within a month, so this discussion over Taylor or Beyonce or Billie or ANYONE releasing at the same time is pretty irrelevant.

Just now, Chaos Angel said:

Yeah I’m gonna try to just stay out of here until something is officially announced. I still have some hope for Q2 but the speculation is too much :penguin:

We’ll meet you on the Fortnite grounds and ask when her next single is :eli: There’s no escaping the (half-empty and busted) liddo bus 

Just now, Album Leak said:

I personally think it's more important for Gaga to have a single with long staying power inside the top 20 instead of a quick #1 hit that fizzles out within a month, so this discussion over Taylor or Beyonce or Billie or ANYONE releasing at the same time is pretty irrelevant.

A Top 5 with staying power would be even better. :gaycat1:

But it’s not just about the charts. I want her music and comeback to be talked about. If you’re releasing on the same day as another big star, the reality is that it’s watered down. 

 

After 4 years, it should feel like a “moment” / a true return, not just a random song popping up on TTH that is removed in 3 weeks when it’s flooded out by 5 Beyoncé album tracks. :deadbanana:

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

A Top 5 with staying power would be even better. :gaycat1:

We'll be lucky to get a Top 30 lbr

 :suburban:

1 minute ago, Yzma said:

We'll be lucky to get a Top 30 lbr

 :suburban:

If she released right now, she’d easily get into the Top 5. But that’s why it’s so frustrating we are just awaiting a blizzard of high-points releases to flood the charts :rip: 

I would love a droplet + Ari collab this year, then an album early 2025 :gaycat6:

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

But it’s not just about the charts. I want her music and comeback to be talked about. If you’re releasing on the same day as another big star, the reality is that it’s watered down. 

 

After 4 years, it should feel like a “moment” / a true return, not just a random song popping up on TTH that is removed in 3 weeks when it’s flooded out by 5 Beyoncé album tracks. :deadbanana:

Why would Gaga's comeback be a '' moment '' though? Her last THREE albums have only been moderate successes and she has lost a lot of the GP support and interest she once had, and her career as a musician has taken somewhat of a backseat to her acting career in recent years. Furthermore it has not been THAT long since her last big release.

 

If Gaga is to have a MOMENT, the music will just have to click with the GP.

9 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

But it’s not just about the charts. I want her music and comeback to be talked about. If you’re releasing on the same day as another big star, the reality is that it’s watered down. 

 

After 4 years, it should feel like a “moment” / a true return, not just a random song popping up on TTH that is removed in 3 weeks when it’s flooded out by 5 Beyoncé album tracks. :deadbanana:

Also, she will be on full JFAD mode a few months for now, who knows how long they will have prepare for it. I'd rather have an album during a time she will be able to fully commit for more than just a few months.

5 minutes ago, Artur said:

I would love a droplet + Ari collab this year, then an album early 2025 :gaycat6:

Your droplet was the Gaga emote on Fortnite! Be grateful! She doesn’t owe you anything! 

I can already read the endless essays of people blaming her 'trash' team with the usual consequent insults to Bobby if she releases around the window of Beyoncé-Taylor and things go wrong.

1 minute ago, Album Leak said:

Why would Gaga's comeback be a '' moment '' though? Her last THREE albums have only been moderate successes and she has lost a lot of the GP support and interest she once had, and her career as a musician has taken somewhat of a backseat to her acting career in recent years. Furthermore it has not been THAT long since her last big release.

 

If Gaga is to have a MOMENT, the music will just have to click with the GP.

I mean, her movie career is the envy of probably all of her peers and she’s scored plenty of hits during those eras. We don’t have to be her biggest critics, either. :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Artur said:

Also, she will be on full JFAD mode a few months for now, who knows how long they will have prepare for it. I'd rather have an album during a time she will be able to fully commit for more than just a few months.

Yeah, that’s why if there is a release this year, I hope it’s a visual album. I know it’s very unlikely, but this would be the time for one.

 

Anyone expecting a proper era alongside her festival appearances and award campaigning will be melting down :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I can already read the endless essays of people blaming her 'trash' team with the usual consequent insults to Bobby if she releases around the window of Beyoncé-Taylor and things go wrong.

Sounds like it’d be deserved in that scenario :eli: 

Just now, hausofbryan said:

I mean, her movie career is the envy of probably all of her peers and she’s scored plenty of hits during those eras. We don’t have to be her biggest critics, either. :rip: 

I'm not denying that, but in the year 2024, a Lady Gaga music release is not a huge significant pop culture moment for anyone except her stans and popheads. :michael:

We will see if the recent TikTok fame (that was quickly smashed into pieces by UMG) has increased overall interest in her music though.

1 minute ago, Album Leak said:

I'm not denying that, but in the year 2024, a Lady Gaga music release is not a huge significant pop culture moment for anyone except her stans and popheads. :michael:

We will see if the recent TikTok fame (that was quickly smashed into pieces by UMG) has increased overall interest in her music though.

People will talk about a new Lady Gaga album, you’re downgrading her in a way that’s pretty unfair to her.. Whether they like it is another story. 

I mean her Fortnite appearance is hell of a lot noisier than The Weeknd’s was, and his music has been selling much better lately than hers. 

Now if we were talking about someone that’s released a song about a certain type of flower and did a Vegas show about an activity you can do, then sure, it’s a non-event. 

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

People will talk about a new Lady Gaga album, you’re downgrading her in a way that’s pretty unfair to her.. Whether they like it is another story. 

I'm not downgrading her at all, I'm being realistic about her place in the pop music scene based on her last three albums. :coffee2:

6 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

Why would Gaga's comeback be a '' moment '' though? Her last THREE albums have only been moderate successes and she has lost a lot of the GP support and interest she once had, and her career as a musician has taken somewhat of a backseat to her acting career in recent years. Furthermore it has not been THAT long since her last big release.

 

If Gaga is to have a MOMENT, the music will just have to click with the GP.

Other than having the right music, releasing at the right time and having the right spotlight are still factors for start a music era in the best way.

 

There will always be interest on a Gaga release, after 4 years from her last release, there is definitely hype and curiosity to know what she's doing next.

1 minute ago, Album Leak said:

I'm not downgrading her at all, I'm being realistic about her place in the pop music scene based on her last three albums. :coffee2:

To conveniently ignore ASIB.

 

:clack:

Just now, hausofbryan said:

To conveniently ignore ASIB.

 

:clack:

And how much did ASIB help Chromatica? :coffee2:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.