Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

We’re basically getting two albums this year no? :gaycat1:

 

JFAD soundtrack October, so the earlier they drop LG7 the better :cm:

In conclusion, Gaga should have kept her old haus team. They knew what they were doing, she just had to trust them 

Just now, Janet said:

We’re basically getting two albums this year no? :gaycat1:

 

*decade

 

JFAD soundtrack release 2024

 

LG7 leak via Paramount+ Mexico 2027

 

:penguin:

16 minutes ago, Aden said:

I wonder if anyone in her camp has realized if this album isn't on TFM/BTW level of consistency and quality after all the mess endured in this hiatus, the base will see a huge exodus. :rip:

 

This base has its annoying Little Manager demographic, but overall that base has remained fairly loyal in an environment where most people would tune out.

 

I'm not worried about JFAD serving quality, but it's going to be such a jarring look on her artistry if her best effort is only coming through on film.

Aren’t we one of the most loyal fan bases ever? I mean, there are some annoying members (probably someone will say the same about me), but we are not fractured like the Katycats, etc.

 

I agree with you tho, but I don’t think it’s only about consistency but also about excitement. I know that she doesn’t need us anymore to succeed, but it would be fun to get an exciting music project from her. Chromatica had potential, but COVID destroyed every chance it had. And the tour, while great, had a horrible stage design for stadiums that wasn’t exciting at all compared to its predecessors. After jazz albums, makeup, champagne bottles, and drug ads, I think the majority of us would just like to get a great album with good music and exciting era moments (all things she’s very capable of doing).

Edited by ToniGaga96

When J:FAD flops and it doesn’t end up being the Oscar vehicle we thought it was going to be, then what?

 

:suburban:

I dont think FAD will be mostly covers, I do think they hired her based on ASIB success, including its soundtrack and they might want her to try her best with it. 

As long as J:FAD is good I couldn't care less about success tbh, but it would be nice for it to smash (same for LG7) 

 

moo.png

 

5 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Aren’t we one of the most loyal fan bases ever?

I think we used to be tbh, we are not even mentioned when people talk about big fan bases anymore, young kids don’t stan Gaga the way they stan Taylor or Nicki. I mean just look at how we as a fandom supported Cheek To Cheek vs how we supported Love For Sale. 

4 minutes ago, BlondUnicorn said:

When J:FAD flops and it doesn’t end up being the Oscar vehicle we thought it was going to be, then what?

 

:suburban:

Another jazz record to course correct for the 8th time.

 

:suburban:

Just now, Kimi said:

I dont think FAD will be mostly covers, I do think they hired her based on ASIB success, including its soundtrack and they might want her to try her best with it. 

The thing is that I doubt she wants to campaign for both best actress and best song again, especially after not being nominated for HoG (a project without music). 

 

Just now, Kimi said:

I think we used to be tbh, we are not even mentioned when people talk about big fan bases anymore, young kids don’t stan Gaga the way they stan Taylor or Nicki. I mean just look at how we as a fandom supported Cheek To Cheek vs how we supported Love For Sale. 

I mean, any time Gaga had a project related to what made her famous to begin with (dance pop music), it’s been a royal disaster since literally 2011. She’s earned that.

 

:suburban:

Damn Gaga completely absent this past year. Miss her :sosad:

It is assumed that now we have less time until the announcement. However, last week there was much more hype/movement than this week... :gaycat6:

Just now, Jose Alberto said:

It is assumed that now we have less time until the announcement. However, last week there was much more delusion than this week... :gaycat6:

:suburban:

Just now, hausofbryan said:

I mean, any time Gaga had a project related to what made her famous to begin with (dance pop music), it’s been a royal disaster since literally 2011. She’s earned that.

 

:suburban:

I’m not saying she didn’t but yuh especially now, 4 years after her last album the fanbase is not in a great condition. LG7 and FAD have to be excellent for things to bounce back. 

5 minutes ago, Jose Alberto said:

It is assumed that now we have less time until the announcement. However, last week there was much more hype/movement than this week... :gaycat6:

it’s because we’re hearing literally nothing from anyone. Previous eras had teases and things going on to speculate about. We’ve had essentially the same tea since the first week of January, and no new information to back that tea up. So :suburban:

Edited by Dawn the Jockey

1 minute ago, Kimi said:

I think we used to be tbh, we are not even mentioned when people talk about big fan bases anymore, young kids don’t stan Gaga the way they stan Taylor or Nicki. I mean just look at how we as a fandom supported Cheek To Cheek vs how we supported Love For Sale. 

You make a valid point, but that's not our fault. As I said in my post, the two you mentioned have tried to remain exciting for both old and new fans, while Gaga shifted the focus entirely to garnering more support from the over-40 segment of the general public. 

 

A hiatus of 4 years is not something that will get anyone excited, more so considering the shorter attention span of the new generation (TikTok, etc.) 

2 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

You make a valid point, but that's not our fault. As I said in my post, the two you mentioned have tried to remain exciting for both old and new fans, while Gaga shifted the focus entirely to garnering more support from the over-40 segment of the general public. 

 

A hiatus of 4 years is not something that will get anyone excited, more so considering the shorter attention span of the new generation (TikTok, etc.) 

I don’t think people would mind the time span between releases if the eras weren’t ****. The Chromatica and ARTPOP eras were absolute embarrassments.

 

When she actually put the effort into promotion, it was performing Million Raisins 500 times.

 

But anyway. I know I’m preaching to the choir. It’s just tiring having the constant “what could’ve been” type conversation related to her music releases. 

16 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

Another jazz record to course correct for the 8th time.

 

:suburban:

When the jazz record in question is the J:FaD soundtrack

 

:suburban:

8 minutes ago, Kimi said:

I’m not saying she didn’t but yuh especially now, 4 years after her last album the fanbase is not in a great condition. LG7 and FAD have to be excellent for things to bounce back. 

This fan base is traumatised by false promises and false hope and Gaga has dropped off the map. Barely anyone apart from a few 50 something year olds are talking about her. She thinks she can just drop off the face off the planet for years and get away with it, when other artists are hustling. I think there’s going to be a rude awakening when she does release. She’s left it so long atp.

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

I don’t think people would mind the time span between releases if the eras weren’t ****. The Chromatica and ARTPOP eras were absolute embarrassments.

 

When she actually put the effort into promotion, it was performing Million Raisins 500 times.

 

But anyway. I know I’m preaching to the choir. It’s just tiring having the constant “what could’ve been” type conversation related to her music releases. 

I totally agree with you! Even with Joanne, there were some strange things happening. For example, I still don't understand why they waited so long to push MR as the second single when "A-Yo" wasn't connecting at all.:deadbanana2:

 

Other artists' eras seem so well-planned (or at least not messy) that I wonder why it seems to happen only with Gaga.

For God's sake, even the release of a documentary is a mess, with Paramount Mexico releasing it earlier:rip:

I know it's not her fault, but it still weird lol the Lina Morgana's curse 

 

Anyway, it's pop music after all, not brain surgery. Let's just hope something fun and exciting comes our way.

I cringe at TikTok videos using Gaga's Judas, users (probably Gen Z) talking about how blasphemous the song is vs those that defend it and saying it is a metaphor.

 

Babes, it's almost 13 years the religious discourse about this song has passed, for goodness sake the release of this song and the video was within Easter 2011. :bibliahh:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.