Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Look at all the mess one media-illiterate attention seeker liddo caused in the base

 

ab.thumb.gif.77d400634a47cfd610f0fa7ad18

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

35 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

doesn't even make sense, in what world would a random film magazine have seen the movie a year out from release

 

4tBYgJh.thumb.gif.b009d8c13dc506323d1b31

Yeah but tbf, Empire is one of the most biggest, most premier entertainment industry magazines and they often feature exclusive stories and first-looks but this was clearly just a speculative piece based on what we've seen so far and what to expect. 

 

The DP, a direct source, talked about it being in the final stages of post just a couple weeks ago so they're clearly in no rush and will take their sweet time finishing it while sticking to their planned rollout and understandably so. 

 

5 hours ago, Leptine said:

Bold prediction, I think that with the movie very likely being massive, with some songs played during the movie on key scenes and potentially being recreated (or posted) and going viral on TikTok, I think the JFAD soundtrack has potential to do good numbers in an unexpected way even if it's jazz or traditional pop musical songs, if somebody can do this miracle, it's Gaga.

 

Concrete example: 'The Greatest Showman' soundtrack that is all traditional musical songs, it has songs with +700M-500M streams on Spotify (notice it was released in 2017 when Spotify was less bigger), the soundtrack has +3 Billion streams on Spotify, reached #1 on Billboard and UK + other markets with overall very good number sales and no big popstar attached to it and with a movie that grossed 430M$.

 

JFAD soundtrack has the potential to replicate at least that soundtrack success.

I think it can do respectably, but I wouldn't use The Greatest Showman as a comparison point. The music for it is as pop as it can get. Rewrite the Stars still gets some airplay. 

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

Wondering if it's gonna manage to surpass HOG worldwide in total gross.

it could, i heard it was doing well. it won't be by a lot tho, HOG's gross is still impressive with all factors considered :clap3:

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

Probably. Napoleon has massive appeal for older audiences and is a historical figure that people are fascinated by worldwide in a similar grip Cleopatra has on the imagination — and there hasn’t been nearly as many Hollywood productions as the latter. It seems to be overperforming so far.

OW is going to be frontloaded. that B- cinemascore is gonna hinder its legs, very hard for Napoleon to gain much traction from here on out.

A Very Gaga Thanksgiving and House of Gucci aired/came out 12 & 2 years ago today - shall be watching both later :gaycat2:

I’m going to delude myself into thinking Gaga is going to serve an album full of Fashion! (The freshest and grooviest song on AP by a long shot :giraffe:) tbh as long as she’s the executive producer I wouldn’t worry, Gaga is always able to bring the best out of producers to make a good song

wow I can't wait for HAUS Records 15th anniversary release of Christmas Tree on December 6th :duca:

 

 

2 hours ago, Sombre said:

we really deserve a teaser or at least a camera test for Joker 2 if they're already privately screening it for critics. :chick3:

I doubt we'll get any teaser for Joker until Suberbowl time

 

 

2023 is the year Christmas Tree finally will smash, yes it will. Christians are over the superficiality and consumerism of Capitalismas. There is a return to discovering what Christmas is really about; the birth of Jesus Christ. How do we recognize Jesus' birth? Record number of people going to Christmas masses. less gifts being bought. More hymns being listened to on Spotify. Tori Kelly's O Holy Night appears in Youtube's christmas playlist now. When was that ever the case? A flop like Tori Kelly getting on a youtube automated playlist? because of the religious revival of the holiday. That is why AIWFCIY isn't doing as well this year as it normally does. So now, what does all this have to do with Gaga's Christmas Tree? Why would a song with sexual innuendos become more popular when I just said people are rejecting the consumerism of Christmas? because it is ironic. Gaga took Christmas and its present superficiality and made fun of it. she turned it on its head and said "you want to make Christmas about gifts and hallmark movies? then I'll give you the most anti-christmas song there is. I will talk about riding Space Cowboy's P.E.N.I.S. I'll give you disgusting capitalists what you want. all sex, no Jesus."  Of course, Gaga released Christmas Tree in 2008. She was, as always, very ahead of her time. yes she was. but with each passing year that we reject Capitalismas, the GP will recogize the irony of Gaga's song and listen to it. Gaga always knows what she is doing. never underestimate her. she knows the trends, even if it takes 15 years to recognize it. look at Bloody Mary. Ahead of the trend.

LG7 inspirations: glam pop rock sound, female empowerment, powerful and soul-stirring vocals, brunette milf aesthetic

 

 

13 minutes ago, 4th Time Around said:

I miss Gaga so much, please say that we can get new music before Joker 2:clownny:

the downvote :rip:

 

alix_malka_016.thumb.jpg.5a4c6b82d1dc695

131,509 streams for HML yesterday which, I believe, is its highest daily number thus far. 

Edited by Cheeky

32 minutes ago, Delicate said:

female empowerment

Thats kinda a washed up theme by now :suburban:

2 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Thats kinda a washed up theme by now :suburban:

I was thinking the same thing.

 

We need more songs about her killing boyfriends and digging herself out of graves 

If the black & white aesthetic for LG7 is true, I wonder if the Chroma Ball interludes were any kind of hint/early idea. They still seem so ominous. Especially this one:

 

 

I would love this deeply sublime atmosphere and mature aesthetic. The sound is seems like a Radiohead-like psychedelic rock/electronic fusion which would be amazing too. I can dream :jonny:

2 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

2023 is the year Christmas Tree finally will smash, yes it will. Christians are over the superficiality and consumerism of Capitalismas. There is a return to discovering what Christmas is really about; the birth of Jesus Christ. How do we recognize Jesus' birth? Record number of people going to Christmas masses. less gifts being bought. More hymns being listened to on Spotify. Tori Kelly's O Holy Night appears in Youtube's christmas playlist now. When was that ever the case? A flop like Tori Kelly getting on a youtube automated playlist? because of the religious revival of the holiday. That is why AIWFCIY isn't doing as well this year as it normally does. So now, what does all this have to do with Gaga's Christmas Tree? Why would a song with sexual innuendos become more popular when I just said people are rejecting the consumerism of Christmas? because it is ironic. Gaga took Christmas and its present superficiality and made fun of it. she turned it on its head and said "you want to make Christmas about gifts and hallmark movies? then I'll give you the most anti-christmas song there is. I will talk about riding Space Cowboy's P.E.N.I.S. I'll give you disgusting capitalists what you want. all sex, no Jesus."  Of course, Gaga released Christmas Tree in 2008. She was, as always, very ahead of her time. yes she was. but with each passing year that we reject Capitalismas, the GP will recogize the irony of Gaga's song and listen to it. Gaga always knows what she is doing. never underestimate her. she knows the trends, even if it takes 15 years to recognize it. look at Bloody Mary. Ahead of the trend.

So true. I always think of Jesus when I hear Christmas Tree. Real Christians know the truth. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.