Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

@Miichael I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people asking if this or that genre is rock, especially when you yourself admitted that it’s all fluid and there’s a lot of similarities between rock and pop. 
 

St.Vincent’s Masseducation has a lot of influences and if made by Gaga it could be classified as dance or pop firstly and then as glam rock etc simply because it’s Gaga who released it.

1 hour ago, Miichael said:

liddos aren't asking for rock music tho, a few in the gaga base sure but most would prefer she made pure dance-pop for every album in her career

 

 

And that would turn her into the most boring artist ever

 

MGPM49r.thumb.gif.2ec3920f98d02c1d3ea42b

 

17 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

And that would turn her into the most boring artist ever

 

MGPM49r.thumb.gif.2ec3920f98d02c1d3ea42b

 

I hate these kind of takes tbh. She’s right now the most interesting and versatile artist out there and one for the history books. She could very well release the same song over and over again for the rest of her career and it wouldn’t change anything because her legacy is bigger than life and she will forever be known as a full on entertainer with music catalogue that starts with dance pop, through arena rock pop/dance, edm, jazz, country pop, folk, classic and end with 90’s house music. 

44 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

I hate these kind of takes tbh. She’s right now the most interesting and versatile artist out there and one for the history books. She could very well release the same song over and over again for the rest of her career and it wouldn’t change anything because her legacy is bigger than life and she will forever be known as a full on entertainer with music catalogue that starts with dance pop, through arena rock pop/dance, edm, jazz, country pop, folk, classic and end with 90’s house music. 

I'm not saying that her legacy will be erased or whatever, but if she only released dance-pop albums for the rest of her career that would be SOOOO boring, she's very versatile and there's still a lot of genres that she can explore, putting her in the dance-pop box would honestly be a waste of her talents, we know she can make a perfect dance-pop record, let her try other things :chick2:

I remember being so gagged when I heard Venus for the first time 

A bop :clap3: Deserved a music video

3 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

I'm not saying that her legacy will be erased or whatever, but if she only released dance-pop albums for the rest of her career that would be SOOOO boring, she's very versatile and there's still a lot of genres that she can explore, putting her in the dance-pop box would honestly be a waste of her talents, we know she can make a perfect dance-pop record, let her try other things :chick2:

The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, ARTPOP, and Chromatica are all dance-pop and they are all distinct bodies of work with very few boring moments. I don't get this narrative at all.

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, ARTPOP, and Chromatica are all dance-pop and they are all distinct bodies of work with very few boring moments. I don't get this narrative at all.

Let's break this down:

- I didn't say her albums were boring, I said it would get boring if she only released dance-pop albums from now on.

- I wouldn't call BTW dance-pop, it incorporates influences and elements from many genres (rock, metal, country, Mariachi, techno, etc.) making it unique, literally nothing sounds like it.

- We had C2C, Joanne, ASIB Soundtrack and LFS as "palate cleansers", of course right now you're not tired of dance-pop.

-The only album I would consider mostly boring is Chromatica, and if that's an indicator of what her future dance-pop albums are going to sound like then.... :chick2:

-I don't think her label would allow her to completely abandon pop, so of course her albums will always be pop, but the pop genre is very wide, there are a lot of pop sub-genres that she can try, why put her in a box?

5 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

Let's break this down:

- I didn't say her albums were boring, I said it would get boring if she only released dance-pop albums from now on.

So you have no basis for thinking this?

45 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

I'm not saying that her legacy will be erased or whatever, but if she only released dance-pop albums for the rest of her career that would be SOOOO boring, she's very versatile and there's still a lot of genres that she can explore, putting her in the dance-pop box would honestly be a waste of her talents, we know she can make a perfect dance-pop record, let her try other things :chick2:

I know, I just thought she already released a lot of music with other genres and it’s so very versatile and different, so no matter what she does, she’s still leagues above her contemporaries in this area.
:chick1:

Edited by DonnieDarko

No one is putting her on a box, definitely not herself. All of her albums are different and interesting and there’s no reason to think she will continue making the same albums from now on. 

:coffee:

Gaga is deeply a dance music artist and we'll get some dance pop elements in all of her future records. We all need to get this. What changes in her records is the influences. 

 

I don't think we can compare the types of EDM presented on TF, TFM, BTW, ARTPOP and Chromatica. All are different. Even Joanne has some dance music elements on songs such as DIC, John Wayne, Diamond Heart and AYO. 

I always laugh at the younger generations around Judas on TikTok. Debating on Gaga's use of Judas and biblical references saying that Judas is a great song but felt iffy with the blasphemy of it all. While we oldies weathered through the controversy of Judas the song being released before Easter and the music video premiering after Holy Week of all dates. :bibliahh:

spacer.png

 

The peace sign is a hint that Gaga will return to music when we have achieved world peace.

5 hours ago, The Witch said:

But liddos are the only ones asking for rock music tho, that's what i said.

So we AGREE that she shouldn't listen to them!

 

ezgif-1-ecad912035.gif

This! liddos were begging hard for some rock music since late 2010s. And when she FINALLY released a pure ROCK song with The Rolling Stones suddenly no one wants to stream it twice.

ezgif-1-ecad912035.gif

It seems like ATRL has a bias towards more pure pop songs like Kylie and Britney. Idk, it seems like Gaga's brand of dark pop and glamrock influences cause her to be underrated here.

17 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It seems like ATRL has a bias towards more pure pop songs like Kylie and Britney. Idk, it seems like Gaga's brand of dark pop and glamrock influences cause her to be underrated here.

ATRL has a bias against Gaga, so whatever she does ATRL will hate it. That's why the opinion of ATRL is as valuable as trash :giraffe:

Edited by jesus del rey

19 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

ATRL has a bias against Gaga, so whatever she does ATRL will hate it. That's why the opinion of ATRL is as valuable as trash :giraffe:

spill a bit

 

ab.thumb.gif.77d400634a47cfd610f0fa7ad18

Lemme vote for Chromatica for best as if I am not trashing it here constantly

 

tumblr_inline_pnawk3A2BK1rqgje6_250.thum 

Edited by jesus del rey

My only concern about a rock album is that it's a hit or miss depending on the direction, she could potentially release a 'Jagged Little Pill', 'Fallen' or 'Tidal' masterpieces or an album full of 'Dope' kind of song with a rock production, like some of you mentioned the previous pages, song that I recognize being good but personally not a big fan.

 

Although I would be pleased with a 'Plastic Hearts' kind of album since I like it a lot.

17 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

 

Of course the usual miserable suspects are running to vote 'Chromatica' as worst regardless, as if they listen or stan a 'Biophilia' kind of album between that list.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.