Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Just now, luckythisway said:

Disagree. It’s unacceptable that a 13 song album has 4 bombs (SL, FW, FT, SFA). Especially considering it was her first release as a newly minted Oscar winner 

spacer.png

the only true bombs here are SL and FT, we just hate FW cos the demo was 1000% better it's actually a harmless bop. SFA (DoC remix) is also in her top 3 songs

spacer.png

• Replies 147.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

1 minute ago, sunbathinganimal said:

the only true bombs here are SL and FT, we just hate FW cos the demo was 1000% better it's actually a harmless bop. SFA (DoC remix) is also in her top 3 songs

spacer.png

FW’s first chorus tanks the song completely I’m sorry. And what does DOC have to do with Chromatica’s track list? SFA has some of the worst, most dated production in her entire discog. An ugly 2012 Eurovision’d reject 

spacer.png

Y’all only hate Stupid Love cause it was the lead single. Had it been just a regular album track, it would’ve been a fan favorite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

ROM would've been her biggest hit if it came out summer of 2019. It still was a hit and Grammy-winning, just had the worst timing...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Joanne is too good for certain fans to appreciate

the lyricism, the vocals delivered and it's one of her timeless albums sonically

but I wouldn't expect some people to go beyond the club beats, those are usually not in sync with their own mental health

I do not know why others do not like it so I will not speculate on that front, but I am just a lyrics and story kind of girl. Do not get me wrong, Gaga's full-throttled metaphors on Born This Way work in context of the album, but overall they are often hard to relate to unless you know exactly what she is referring to. Joanne is an easy listen for me, and I have been returning to it a lot more recently.

11 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

FW’s first chorus tanks the song completely I’m sorry. And what does DOC have to do with Chromatica’s track list? SFA has some of the worst, most dated production in her entire discog. An ugly 2012 Eurovision’d reject 

spacer.png

without SFA (Eurovision version) there would be no SFA (true version) so it gets a pass

spacer.png

Edited by sunbathinganimal

5 minutes ago, Aren said:

Y’all only hate Stupid Love cause it was the lead single. Had it been just a regular album track, it would’ve been a fan favorite.

For me, it is such a feel-good song. No pretense, no over-arching theme; it is just a simple pop track. I do not think it should have been the lead, but I do understand why they played it safe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sannie said:

For me, it is such a feel-good song. No pretense, no over-arching theme; it is just a simple pop track. I do not think it should have been the lead, but I do understand why they played it safe.

yeah the main issue with SL is the video and the weak chorus

the verses and pre-chorus and bridge are fine tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

yeah the main issue with SL is the video and the weak chorus

the verses and pre-chorus and bridge are fine tbh

I do not return to it often, but when it comes on shuffle, it perks up my mood lol. It is a good song to drive down the highway to.

I find the video endearing, really. Gaga playing dress up and having fun in a way we had not seen in quite a while was nice. It could have been better for sure, but it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Born This Way

2. The Fame

3. The Fame Monster

4. A Star Is Born soundtrack without Ms. Cooper

5. ARTPOP

6. Joanne

7. Chromatica

I like that so many of us have different rankings. It just goes to show how diverse her discography is (with the exception of BTW basically being universally agreed upon to be her best or on another level all together).

We really need more whitney inspired ballads like this song

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

can we stop this tired narrative that people only dislike Joanne because it's not oontz oontz music

sunbathinganimal

Literally this. It's cute but her most watered-down and misconceived album. A Smash is Born coming out right after and stomping it into the ground is just salt on the wound.

spacer.png

Invented  ̶O̶n̶l̶y̶F̶a̶n̶s̶ JustFor.Fans

9fc8f6d46a73e50325ae7a05f3c95506--lady-g

Nobuyoshi-Araki-Polaroids-lady-gaga-1.jp

Dj4RBczUcAAtUJk.jpg

EaBpc5mXQAEO5M6.jpg

10416651_404311423061285_429419148914119

7 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

Invented  ̶O̶n̶l̶y̶F̶a̶n̶s̶ JustFor.Fans

Reveal hidden contents

9fc8f6d46a73e50325ae7a05f3c95506--lady-g

Nobuyoshi-Araki-Polaroids-lady-gaga-1.jp

Dj4RBczUcAAtUJk.jpg

EaBpc5mXQAEO5M6.jpg

10416651_404311423061285_429419148914119

Normani who?

Kinda still can't believe we got trinity We Are Plastic, Love Sick Girl & Retrosexual years back :alexz:

Those titles were so legendary for YEARS, then boom... they still get spins over in this haus

1 hour ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Literally this. It's cute but her most watered-down and misconceived album. A Smash is Born coming out right after and stomping it into the ground is just salt on the wound.

spacer.png

Could you elaborate on why you feel Joanne was misconceived? I am genuinely curious as the album and the entire era felt very deliberate and planned out to me.

• Thanks 1

OGH's maybe made some points w Toucanne; like making an album to someone that d*** way before you were born, whew chilee, maybe a song or so, but an entire era loosely base on a whim, not to mention the off set visuals that came after (Coachella, JWT) as if any of those reflected anything to deal w paying tribute to her aunt 

1 hour ago, xo_hours said:

OGH's maybe made some points w Toucanne; like making an album to someone that d*** way before you were born, whew chilee, maybe a song or so, but an entire era loosely base on a whim, not to mention the off set visuals that came after (Coachella, JWT) as if any of those reflected anything to deal w paying tribute to her aunt 

She’s ALWAYS paid tribute to Joanne since she published her poem in the liner notes of The Fame. That OGH narrative is false. 

8 hours ago, Marry The Gods said:

The backlash was only from film critics. The GP loved House Of Gucci and didn't care about her over the top promotional campaign quotes. It's also not Gaga's decision on whether or not she wants to keep a low profile. She may have the choice if she were doing a romcom or another light story but for Joker 2? No way. They are going to go all out for the promo. Seasoned actresses like Meryl Streep, Viola Davis, Kirsten Dunst, Kate Winslet, Angela Bassett, etc all still promote their films and do not keep a "low profile". Meryl still does tv appearances for her current films. 

Nobody questioned HOG success with the GP.

Keeping a low profile doesn't mean not doing anything promo wise, but simply not being 'everywhere' or release interviews with anybody from pundits like it happened with HOG.

The backlash wasn't only with film critics, somehow it has reached also Academy members, at the end of the day she still missed the nomination and that could have been one of the many factors behind that.

A reminder that Olivia Colman won the Oscar while being total absent that awards season while Glenn Close was everywhere.

Gaga just needs the performance and the work to speak for itself and being undeniable, she doesn't need at this point to campaign everywhere, it made sense with her first two movies, now she has established her name in that field.

32 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

She’s ALWAYS paid tribute to Joanne since she published her poem in the liner notes of The Fame. That OGH narrative is false. 

like she needed an entire whole era for some yee-haw tribute, it was an unnecessary convoluted mess that had it not been for ASIB after, she’d be the definition of a FAD considering how pathetic and tragic the era actually did for her overall catalogue. the OGH narrative remains true to this day

• Like 1

Joanne is her biggest career mistake she was such a fad in 2015-2016, it was sad to see..

Edited by Infinite

1 minute ago, Infinite said:

Joanne is her biggest career mistake she was such a fad in 2015-2016, it was sad to see..

2015 was AHS hotel 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.