Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Joanne does not get enough support around here; the story telling from start to finish is immaculate. I would argue it is the sister of Chromatica, as the story telling on that album is just as good.

I need more story-driven music from Gaga and less weird metaphors that make sense only to her. :jonny:  Story telling is what made Taylor Swift so big, so if "success stans" want huge hits that connect, we need more story-driven music. :eli: 

Edited by Sannie

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

1 hour ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Fairly certain it's not her home but the balcony/front area of the studio where he's working.

 

His view in the story matches with the pics posted on the studio's website.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

image.pngimage.png

 

 

 

That said, the studio is only a 20 min drive from her home which is... interesting, to say the least.

 

BothRashDunlin-size_restricted.gif

Little Detectives back at it again

 

KcLemTX.jpg

That snippet sounds very dramatic and horror-y, let me hype a bit

 

KcLemTX.jpg

15 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Joanne does not get enough support around here; the story telling from start to finish is immaculate. I would argue it is the sister of Chromatica, as the story telling on that album is just as good.

I need more story-driven music from Gaga and less weird metaphors that make sense only to her. :jonny:  Story telling is what made Taylor Swift so big, so if "success stans" want huge hits that connect, we need more story-driven music. :eli: 

Joanne is too good for certain fans to appreciate

the lyricism, the vocals delivered and it's one of her timeless albums sonically

but I wouldn't expect some people to go beyond the club beats, those are usually not in sync with their own mental health

can we stop this tired narrative that people only dislike Joanne because it's not oontz oontz music

 

sunbathinganimal

Joanna is def not one I return to a lot, but there are spots of excellence like DH, Joanne, John Wayne, Sinner's Prayer, etc. 

44 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

not Toucanne and SHARTPOP above Godmatica

 

Kimi

They’re all inarguably her bottom 3 so why are we even arguing about this 

 

spacer.png

Just now, luckythisway said:

They’re all inarguably her bottom 3 so why are we even arguing about this 

 

spacer.png

Replay alone puts it into the top half of her discography

 

spacer.png

Masterpieces:

 

BTW

TFM


 

Solid pop albums:

 

TF

ARTPOP

Chromatica

 

 

Worst album ever released by a pop girl:

 

Joanne

 

 

 

14 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

can we stop this tired narrative that people only dislike Joanne because it's not oontz oontz music

 

sunbathinganimal

This, thank you.

1 minute ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Replay alone puts it into the top half of her discography

 

spacer.png

Disagree. It’s unacceptable that a 13 song album has 4 bombs (SL, FW, FT, SFA). Especially considering it was her first release as a newly minted Oscar winner 

 

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Joanna is def not one I return to a lot, but there are spots of excellence like DH, Joanne, John Wayne, Sinner's Prayer, etc. 

For me DH and JW are great songs, I always loved them and I still enjoy listening to them on some occassions.

Joanne is a good album, but it is hard to compare it to Gaga’s other albums. As a full project I would rank it higher than ARTPOP, but they are both at the bottom. The bar is very high, her albums are just too good 

Just now, luckythisway said:

Disagree. It’s unacceptable that a 13 song album has 4 bombs (SL, FW, FT, SFA). Especially considering it was her first release as a newly minted Oscar winner 

 

spacer.png

the only true bombs here are SL and FT, we just hate FW cos the demo was 1000% better it's actually a harmless bop. SFA (DoC remix) is also in her top 3 songs

 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, sunbathinganimal said:

the only true bombs here are SL and FT, we just hate FW cos the demo was 1000% better it's actually a harmless bop. SFA (DoC remix) is also in her top 3 songs

 

spacer.png

FW’s first chorus tanks the song completely I’m sorry. And what does DOC have to do with Chromatica’s track list? SFA has some of the worst, most dated production in her entire discog. An ugly 2012 Eurovision’d reject 
 

spacer.png

Y’all only hate Stupid Love cause it was the lead single. Had it been just a regular album track, it would’ve been a fan favorite.

ROM would've been her biggest hit if it came out summer of 2019. It still was a hit and Grammy-winning, just had the worst timing...

33 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Joanne is too good for certain fans to appreciate

the lyricism, the vocals delivered and it's one of her timeless albums sonically

but I wouldn't expect some people to go beyond the club beats, those are usually not in sync with their own mental health

I do not know why others do not like it so I will not speculate on that front, but I am just a lyrics and story kind of girl. Do not get me wrong, Gaga's full-throttled metaphors on Born This Way work in context of the album, but overall they are often hard to relate to unless you know exactly what she is referring to. Joanne is an easy listen for me, and I have been returning to it a lot more recently.

11 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

FW’s first chorus tanks the song completely I’m sorry. And what does DOC have to do with Chromatica’s track list? SFA has some of the worst, most dated production in her entire discog. An ugly 2012 Eurovision’d reject 
 

spacer.png

without SFA (Eurovision version) there would be no SFA (true version) so it gets a pass

 

spacer.png

 

Edited by sunbathinganimal

5 minutes ago, Aren said:

Y’all only hate Stupid Love cause it was the lead single. Had it been just a regular album track, it would’ve been a fan favorite.

For me, it is such a feel-good song. No pretense, no over-arching theme; it is just a simple pop track. I do not think it should have been the lead, but I do understand why they played it safe.

Just now, Sannie said:

For me, it is such a feel-good song. No pretense, no over-arching theme; it is just a simple pop track. I do not think it should have been the lead, but I do understand why they played it safe.

yeah the main issue with SL is the video and the weak chorus

the verses and pre-chorus and bridge are fine tbh

2 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

yeah the main issue with SL is the video and the weak chorus

the verses and pre-chorus and bridge are fine tbh

I do not return to it often, but when it comes on shuffle, it perks up my mood lol. It is a good song to drive down the highway to.

 

I find the video endearing, really. Gaga playing dress up and having fun in a way we had not seen in quite a while was nice. It could have been better for sure, but it is what it is.

1. Born This Way

2. The Fame

3. The Fame Monster

4. A Star Is Born soundtrack without Ms. Cooper

5. ARTPOP

6. Joanne

7. Chromatica

 

 

I like that so many of us have different rankings. It just goes to show how diverse her discography is (with the exception of BTW basically being universally agreed upon to be her best or on another level all together).

We really need more whitney inspired ballads like this song

 

 

 

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

can we stop this tired narrative that people only dislike Joanne because it's not oontz oontz music

 

sunbathinganimal

Literally this. It's cute but her most watered-down and misconceived album. A Smash is Born coming out right after and stomping it into the ground is just salt on the wound.

 

spacer.png

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.