Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

 

14 hours ago, Enigmatica said:

Thanks to everyone and your kind welcoming words :gaygacat5:

 

I am a Stupid Love stan... and what about it. I am also a big vinyl stan so I will be quick to sashay my way over to that thread as well.

 

Thank you all again :hug:

 

I'm sorry but how does it work with 2 bottoms?

 

14 hours ago, Modern Ecstasy said:

 

Hello everyone! I’m a huge Gaga stan and I’m so excited to be here. I’ve lurked ATRL on and off as life allows going back to 2013 i.e. Applause v. Roar. I’ve been active on and off on other forums (GGD, Popa911) going back to 2014, so forums aren’t new to me. Lady Gaga is my #1. :bird:
 

What's your name? Modern Ecstasy
Stan list? Lady Gaga. Then other artists that I like on varying levels in no particular order: ABBA, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Cher, The Chicks, Dua Lipa, Kacey Musgraves, Katy Perry, Madonna, Rihanna, Taylor Swift. Many others that I probably missed.

Favorite performer? Lady Gaga

Arts or charts? Arts, but charts are always nice too 
How did you come across ATRL? I’ve lurked the forum for years going back to 2013 Applause v. Roar

What are your preferred pronouns? he/him
What music are you into? Pop music is my main, but I’ll listen to most anything wide-ranging. Grew up listening to anything from pop to rock to country etc.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of music? Work keeps me quite busy. Love spending time with my boyfriend, my cats, traveling, playing on my Switch, watching tv/movies, and reading.

welcome guys

abdda4e5da525196701c248a537fffea.gif

 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

1 hour ago, FailSafe said:

Dr. Luke is waving

 

abdda4e5da525196701c248a537fffea.gif

Through his eventual jail cell

 

spacer.png

I’m not even going a page back and reading what some of ya’ll think Gaga thinks about Chromatica.

 

She clearly loves the album just as much as she loves every other of her albums.


She was passionate about it when she was creating it and it clearly showed during the Zane Lowe interview and in the written ad that was plastered on billboards all across the US during the Grammy campaign (?) and on the AM radio thing and finally during the tour etc.

Edited by DonnieDarko

So, are we counting days for ARTPOP ACT 2 release ARTPOP's 10th year anniversary?

 

abdda4e5da525196701c248a537fffea.gif 

4 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

What control they give her sis? wasn't she totally depressed when recording Chromatica cause one of the main reasons was her not wanting to do a dance record again? :deadbanana4:

:rip:

I did go back, sadly.

 

I thought it was common knowledge why she was depressed. You didn’t pay attention I guess. There was a tv interview around the VMA’s or 911 mv’s release  where she specifically said she was depressed about Joanne not helping her dad, about her being Lady Gaga and people putting phones into her face and treating her like an object. 
 

Also, just a couple of days ago, we had receipts here that were posted with her producers saying it was Gaga who wanted to create a dance album with LG6. It all started with her. No one forced her to do a dance record, it was her idea.

Edited by DonnieDarko

51 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

The “no solo hit” narrative OGHs keep trying to push to discredit Shallow’s success is so stale. Shallow is Gaga’s song. I don’t see Bradley going on tour and performing it by himself. They’re just jealous that their faves haven’t had a song as big as Shallow in decades, some of them have never had a hit as big as Shallow 

 

Also, Rain On Me is a Gaga song that was crafted for Chromatica before Ariana was even apart of it. Ariana would have never made a song like that on her own. Did it become a hit because of Ariana? Sort of. The hype for that song was created because it was a rare duet by 2 huge pop stars. A solo Rain On Me may have hit #1 on its own. But I am glad that Gaga collabed with her. Reminds me of a more successful version of Me Against The Music, a collab between Madonna and Britney 

I get it with Shallow like no one cares about Bradley. Rain On Me? There was Ariana impact there for the #1 and the streams, not the Grammy though. But that didn’t work out anyway. HMH actually out-charted ROM in a fair few European countries, and now with that gone her Spotify top 10 is 8/10 solo.

 

Spoiler

And both ARUTW (solo Gaga) and SWU (other Asians song) do way better on streaming than ROM so that closes that argument based on type of song etc 

 

4 hours ago, PoisonCandy said:

Did Gaga ever actually work with Sophie for Chromatica? Not sure if that was just a rumour or if they actually did something together and it just didn't make the cut.

Yes, the very first Chromatica sessions involved Sophie.
 

They wanted to release the songs after the albums release but her estate still hasn’t settled many legal issues surrounding her music.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I get it with Shallow like no one cares about Bradley. Rain On Me? There was Ariana impact there for the #1 and the streams, not the Grammy though. But that didn’t work out anyway. HMH actually out-charted ROM in a fair few European countries, and now with that gone her Spotify top 10 is 8/10 solo.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

And both ARUTW (solo Gaga) and SWU (other Asians song) do way better on streaming than ROM so that closes that argument based on type of song etc 

 

I remember when it was rumored that they had a song together. People predicted it would win the best pop duo/group performance Grammy without even hearing it. And then it did. 
What a blessed day :chick3:

Omg Bloody Mary is really taking off on Radio. My local radio station, one of the bigger ones in SD (Hits 95.7), was playing Bloody Mary maybe once or twice a day just a week ago  late at night like at 3 AM and it was positioned at around #19 for the top songs for that station.
 

 I just checked rn too see how it’s doing  and they already played it like 5 times and it’s only 11:30 AM, they just recently played it at 10 and 8 before that:WAP: It also JUMPED up to #7 surpassing radio smashes like Bad Habits :WAP: 

Edited by ineedboxinggloves

Just now, Almodusa said:

 

new viral video! paparazzi coming for 600k daily streams i know thats right 

57 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I get it with Shallow like no one cares about Bradley. Rain On Me? There was Ariana impact there for the #1 and the streams, not the Grammy though. But that didn’t work out anyway. HMH actually out-charted ROM in a fair few European countries, and now with that gone her Spotify top 10 is 8/10 solo.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

And both ARUTW (solo Gaga) and SWU (other Asians song) do way better on streaming than ROM so that closes that argument based on type of song etc 

 

JD and Shallah are pretty much solo too. The only Gaga collaboration that really relies on the other artist is ROM and who cares, it's a smash and one of her best. The "solo" nonsense is a Britney stan fake metric that no one cares about irl. As far as anyone is concerned Just Dance and Shallow are Lady Gaga songs - period.

Anyone know how close Chromatica is to 2x platinum? 

 

X4FTzmw.gif

1 minute ago, besaid said:

Anyone know how close Chromatica is to 2x platinum? 

 

X4FTzmw.gif

Not close at all

 

X4FTzmw.gif

1 minute ago, besaid said:

Anyone know how close Chromatica is to 2x platinum? 

 

X4FTzmw.gif

I doubt it crossed 1.3M tbh.

4 hours ago, besaid said:

BM is gonna outpeak Shallow on pop radio isn't it

 

X4FTzmw.gif

Shallow's run on radio cannot be compared to a typical single since radio started dropping it before the Oscars performance gave it a massive push so they had no choice but to play it again. Especially the bigger radio stations, that's why it's radio audience peak actually looks quite good - 90m+, but the spins peak is pretty weak (only #19 on Pop radio).

 

So yea, it's a rare case that cannot be compared to any other run.

 

 

X4FTzmw.gif

 

 

Edited by Hot Volcano

Ladies and gentleman, I think we have our next viral hit  :jonny4:

 

 

If Sugar and Spice make Starstruck go viral, I'll start rooting for them. Their audience already knows the song though.

 

X4FTzmw.gif

 

Never realized “Where am I?” was a quote she was telling us she was saying/crying out

Chromatica is at 1.3M in the US (probably like 1.310M) doing like 3k units weekly at best

Joanne is at 1.5M in the US

Since Mariah monthly listeners are dropping like a rock, Gaga will pass her tomorrow :duca: 

 

Im still shocked Gaga is still rising so fast considering BM was mega viral end of Nov and first week of Dec. it’s been over a month already and monthly listeners are still rising healthy 

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

Ladies and gentleman, I think we have our next viral hit  :jonny4:

 

 

Not one of her worst songs :biblio:

22 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Chromatica is at 1.3M in the US (probably like 1.310M) doing like 3k units weekly at best

Joanne is at 1.5M in the US

ChromOUTica struggling to surpass Quranne, the better album won

 

X4FTzmw.gif

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.