Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

9 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Also, the last time she had an original song with an acting nom competing together she walked away with only one as consolation so she might just focus solely on acting this time idk we'll see

Shallow was not a consolation win wtf. She had the best song and she won the Oscar for it. She wasn’t going to win against Glenn and Olivia that year with or without a BOS nomination. 

Edited by GraceRandolph
Typo

• Replies 146.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Shallow was not a consolation win wtf. She had the best song and she won the Oscar for it. She wasn’t going to win against Glenn and Olivia that year with or without a BSA nomination. 

I didn't mean it that way, I know it was the undeniable winner and deservedly so. As in, she had two noms, they weren't (and still won't) give her two in the same night. So if she wants that acting win, I'm fine with just covers :foxaylove3:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

Just now, Marry Illusion Glory said:

I didn't mean it that way, I know it was the undeniable winner and deservedly so. As in, she had two noms, they weren't (and still won't) give her two in the same night.

Yeah that’s a legitimate worry, but for all we know her acting could be undeniable, but the songs won’t be or vice versa. 

32 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The Countess: “She’s playing herself”

Ally Maine: “She’s playing herself”

Patrizia Reggiani: “She’s playing herself”

Harley Quinn: “She’s playing herself”

spacer.png

I mean, she is the pop/music/entertainment chameleon so they are not totally wrong

spacer.png

Ten posts talking about movies and I'm already tired of it

spacer.png

The next couple of years are gonna be rough for me

spacer.png

Release some droplets for the music fans, Gags!

10 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Yeah that’s a legitimate worry, but for all we know her acting could be undeniable, but the songs won’t be or vice versa. 

Yeah and we all know how hungry she is for that acting win so that's a worry for every musical she also chooses to act in.

——

Imagine if the movie has a mix of original jazz songs and standards based on the tone of the teaser and she finally dusts off Paradise from the vault  :jonnycat:

October will be a bore but we just got a tour. I think it’s fair to not receive anything new from now until any possibly set pics in November :michael: Let her rest/prepare for the role 

5 minutes ago, Artur said:

spacer.png

The next couple of years are gonna be rough for me

spacer.png

Release some droplets for the music fans, Gags!

If she does TFM, BTW type of dark, baroqueish electronic pop music I might be back to her music stan haha, but now her film projects are more interesting by far

1 minute ago, Almodusa said:

October will be a bore but we just got a tour. I think it’s fair to not receive anything new from now until any possibly set pics in November :michael: Let her rest/prepare for the role 

+ we also may get Chroma Ball footage :duca:

+ maybe some HMH Oscar campaign + performance

+ Halloween boosts

+ End of the year boosts 

1 minute ago, Si Hoo said:

If she does TFM, BTW type of dark, baroqueish electronic pop music I might be back to her music stan haha, but now her film projects are more interesting by far

The thing is, I'm not really interested in movies at all. I watch them one time and that's enough for me. :rip: It is cool to follow Gaga during the filming and campaigns, I'm super happy to see her succeeding. However, it still can't compare to the feeling of hearing new music from her and seeing her perform. :chick3:

37 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

That part. We'll probably get some sort of leak and random bts stuff when they're filming, and we can follow the TG:M/HMH campaign a lil so idc about a quick break :celestial5:

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

Still think J:FàD is going to be an unnerving jukebox pastiche of classic Hollywood musicals as evidenced by the short teaser clip of animated dancing set to Cheek to Cheek (which aside from being an obvious wink to Gaga, was originally written for one of the many Fred Astaire / Ginger Rogers musical numbers in the 1930s — one of Hollywood’s golden moments). 

I still think the tone won’t be too far of what AHS: Asylum did when writing in an musical number for Jessica Lange to perform in the the middle of her character’s psychosis. Which is what a lot of us were saying even pre-teaser.

Also worth noting that none of the trades mentioned original music being written for the movie; if we were getting it I can’t see why Warner Bros wouldn’t want that shouted from the rooftops.

I would be happy to be surprised, but yeah this is not the same thing as the ASIB remake and there’s nothing to suggest she has been booking studio time / working on music. Who knows? We should get more tea once it begins shooting.

Edited by Jessie

1 hour ago, Artur said:

I have an idea to keep you refreshed in atrl !!!

You should drag some OGHs to filth and get yourself banned :giraffe:

2 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

So this tea was right :jonny: she's coming to EAT

Just seen this, oh wow oh wow, and shooting starting even earlier in November? With shooting wrapping by January we can realistically start to expect teasers and such next year too in the same way Oppenheimer’s campaign has already started.

What if we get the first trailer in front of Oppenheimer in July.

59xHl6R.gif

14 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Just seen this, oh wow oh wow, and shooting starting even earlier in November? With shooting wrapping by January we can realistically start to expect teasers and such next year too in the same way Oppenheimer’s campaign has already started.

59xHl6R.gif

They're not going to release a trailer a full year and a half in advance. Maybe they'll put out a teaser, or some promo images, but I think 2023 is going to be pretty dry as far as J: FAD content comes.

26 minutes ago, Santhosh said:

I have an idea to keep you refreshed in atrl !!!

You should drag some OGHs to filth and get yourself banned :giraffe:

59xHl6R.gif

49 minutes ago, Jessie said:

59xHl6R.gif

Wishful thinking tbh. Right now, it feels like a ASIB-esque situation to me where the film was shot a year and a half before the official release and then they took the rest of the time to perfect it and planning the campaign around it. Spring/Summer 2024 would be my safe bet for trailer launch. At least we have the HMH awards season, Vegagas and new viral Haus Labs products to look forward to next year

59xHl6R.gif

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

20 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Wishful thinking tbh. Right now, it feels like a ASIB-esque situation to me where the film was shot a year and a half before the official release and then they took the rest of the time to perfect it and planning the campaign around it. Spring/Summer 2024 would be my safe bet for trailer launch. At least we have the HMH awards season, Vegagas and new viral Haus Labs products to look forward to next year

59xHl6R.gif

I think she will show up only on big awards like GG and Oscar since the filming schedule of Joker2 overlap with awards season.

7 minutes ago, Si Hoo said:

I think she will show up only on big awards like GG and Oscar since the filming schedule of Joker2 overlap with awards season.

Depends on how long the filming lasts. She probably will skip GG and CC. She'll definitely attend and perform at the Oscars if she's nominated, if not anything else.

When it comes to Golden Globes participation it really depends from Tom Cruise, if he has forgiven them or not, if he's still against them, I don't see Gaga attending regardless of her schedule, maybe just Bloodpop. It's not clear yet if Hollywood will embrace them or not again for the majority.

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

Still think J:FàD is going to be an unnerving jukebox pastiche of classic Hollywood musicals as evidenced by the short teaser clip of animated dancing set to Cheek to Cheek (which aside from being an obvious wink to Gaga, was originally written for one of the many Fred Astaire / Ginger Rogers musical numbers in the 1930s — one of Hollywood’s golden moments). 

I still think the tone won’t be too far of what AHS: Asylum did when writing in an musical number for Jessica Lange to perform in the the middle of her character’s psychosis. Which is what a lot of us were saying even pre-teaser.

Also worth noting that none of the trades mentioned original music being written for the movie; if we were getting it I can’t see why Warner Bros wouldn’t want that shouted from the rooftops.

I would be happy to be surprised, but yeah this is not the same thing as the ASIB remake and there’s nothing to suggest she has been booking studio time / working on music. Who knows? We should get more tea once it begins shooting.

Tea, original music for this kind of project sounds risky (for a project that is already risky by itself), Gaga has a big responsability now that we know she's gonna be main lead, no need to have also original music again, classics will work better for this project imo and I still think it's for the best for her to not have new original music if she really wants that BA prize.

And yes if there was gonna be original new music I think the various media outlets would have said it along with the musical part.

5 hours ago, The Witch said:

Ga Ga better serve sex then

59xHl6R.gif

LG7 late 2023 dark bops to get the GP ready for JFAD

LG8 summer 2025 sex rnb to capitalize on the new incel fans

BOBBEE YOUVE BEEN REPLACED

59xHl6R.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.