Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Disease MV is good and a promising start for LG7 but If I'm being honest I thought both ROM and 911 were better. It has a interesting concept, great looks and some good moments of cinematography, particularly the chained scene. But it needed something more, most scenes overstay their welcome, which hinders it's replay value. The last bit is the one that flows best especially from when she hugs herself onwards.

Still it was a good start to the era (much more inspired than Stupid Love), and I'm sure we'll get more "high-budget" music videos.

I fully agree with this.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

45 minutes ago, Zaram said:

It's wild. Her biggest hits Pokerface, Shallow, DWAS one week at #1, Bad Romance #2.

Every other artist would have atleast one song 10 weeks on top :bam:

 

On the other hand. Other artists would never have 4 smasher smash songs :santa:

I wish The Edge of Glory or Stupid Love would've went #1 for one week or something. It'd be nice for her to have more solo #1 hits even if they're less memorable, but obviously a #2 hit like Bad Romance is more iconic than 90% of #1s. 

The Maggot song isn't even catchy. I think we're fine. :coffee:

14 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Disease MV is good and a promising start for LG7 but If I'm being honest I thought both ROM and 911 were better. It has a interesting concept, great looks and some good moments of cinematography, particularly the chained scene. But it needed something more, most scenes overstay their welcome, which hinders it's replay value. The last bit is the one that flows best especially from when she hugs herself onwards.

Still it was a good start to the era (much more inspired than Stupid Love), and I'm sure we'll get more "high-budget" music videos.

I mean Disease is better than SL (song and video) let's see what single #3 looks like before we compare it to the entirety of the Chromatica era. DWAS is technically the lead of LG7 too. I'd say DWAS/Disease and SL/ROM are about even in terms of music videos. 

2 minutes ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

The Maggot song isn't even catchy. I think we're fine. :coffee:

Good. Even if he weren't releasing this week, I'm always rooting for Molten Washboard to fail. I cannot stand that racist alcoholic and I just know he reeks of Miller Lite and stale corndogs. 

I've just noticed that SCICTT has been added to It's A Hit! :gaycat1:

24 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Do yall think she will appear at the red carpet with Bruno or Mycle?

Maybe Michael but I'd like to see her slaying all by herself :gaycat1:

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

Mark Kermode, a UK film critic I grew up listening to and has a large cultural influence here, has Joker as his 5th favourite movie of 2024 (The Substance was his #1) :clap:

weird and messy ass movie but the hate train was just ridiculous, the fact Gar will probably get a Razzie nom by association is so annoying

33 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Disease MV is good and a promising start for LG7 but If I'm being honest I thought both ROM and 911 were better. It has a interesting concept, great looks and some good moments of cinematography, particularly the chained scene. But it needed something more, most scenes overstay their welcome, which hinders it's replay value. The last bit is the one that flows best especially from when she hugs herself onwards.

Still it was a good start to the era (much more inspired than Stupid Love), and I'm sure we'll get more "high-budget" music videos.

911 cannot be the bar because then she'll never reach that. :jonny: ROM was good for what it was at the time (COVID lockdown video), but looking back it's basically an old-school KPOP video that goes nowhere.

 

I really love when she does narrative-driven videos even though I do love me some choreo-heavy stuff at times. If she's able to mesh the two, that's even better but I feel she kind of struggles with that nowadays.

Edited by Sannie

GgEaBKZXYAATOzi?format=jpg&name=medium

 

Less talking, more streaming. We have about 15 hours to stream DWAS 400,000,000+ times so it can end the year as the most streamed song. :jonny: 

6 minutes ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

I've just noticed that SCICTT has been added to It's A Hit! :gaycat1:

Nnnn they really love her over there, don't they

 

image.png

 

A certified hitmaker :eli:

 

Maybe Troy was really obnoxious to other Spotify employees back when he worked there. So they're supporting Gaga to spite him :ryan3: 

43 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

Thinking about the black hair lewk Godga is going to serve at the Shammys red carpet. 

 

gaga1.thumb.jpg.791cd3958419cbbf34832c4f

I hope it's Blonde nnn :rip:  Or at least the DWAS kinda hair. 

I liked the dark for the Disease era, but idk If I'm here for her being with black hair for the whole era. 

 

I wouldn't mind if she brings back dark again for another single, but maybe she can switch it up a bit now. 

I love when she used to combine white/blonde with black hair, she also did it at Vegagas earlier this year, I hope she does that, it will be a win win for all of us :heart: 

5 minutes ago, Sannie said:

GgEaBKZXYAATOzi?format=jpg&name=medium

 

Less talking, more streaming. We have about 15 hours to stream DWAS 400,000,000+ times so it can end the year as the most streamed song. :jonny: 

Ehhh, it'll eventually be 2024's most streamed song. It doesn't matter if it reaches that in 2025. It's still a 2024 song. 

19 minutes ago, Sannie said:

911 cannot be the bar because then she'll never reach that. :jonny: ROM was good for what it was at the time (COVID lockdown video), but looking back it's basically an old-school KPOP video that goes nowhere.

 

I really love when she does narrative-driven videos even though I do love me some choreo-heavy stuff at times. If she's able to mesh the two, that's even better but I feel she kind of struggles with that nowadays.

Yes 911 is among her best. I really loved ROM it's satisfying from start to finish and has insane replay value. Don't mind it not having a storyline at all. 

how long til twitter katy/bey/taylor stans organise a Organ Walnut streaming party :suburban:

2 minutes ago, Mariano said:

I hope it's Blonde nnn :rip:  Or at least the DWAS kinda hair. 

I liked the dark for the Disease era, but idk If I'm here for her being with black hair for the whole era. 

 

I wouldn't mind if she brings back dark again for another single, but maybe she can switch it up a bit now. 

I love when she used to combine white/blonde with black hair, she also did it at Vegagas earlier this year, I hope she does that, it will be a win win for all of us :heart: 

I'm kinda over blonde tbh, and she always ends pinning it all up in a boring updo and Freddie attaching some horribly mismatched knots and wig pieces to make it look worse :rip: I loved the look she had in the Christmas Carpool Karaoke. She looked like a Victorian goth goddess. I need more of THIS or something adjacent  :jonny:

 

Ge7AXp5W4AAw94a?format=jpg&name=medium

 

 

I'm just assuming it's the aesthetic for the era because of how long she's been wearing it since the TCB red carpet but I might be wrong. I do think she'll wear the 70s styled wig for the DWAS performance though. That's a signature DWAS era look now. :DWAS:

 

 

7 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

I'm kinda over blonde tbh, and she always ends pinning it all up in a boring updo and Freddie attaching some horribly mismatched knots and wig pieces to make it look worse :rip: I loved the look she had in the Christmas Carpool Karaoke. She looked like a Victorian goth goddess. I need more of THIS or something adjacent  :jonny:

 

Ge7AXp5W4AAw94a?format=jpg&name=medium

 

 

I'm just assuming it's the aesthetic for the era because of how long she's been wearing it since the TCB red carpet but I might be wrong. I do think she'll wear the 70s styled wig for the DWAS performance though. That's a signature DWAS era look now. :DWAS:

 

 

well yes if it's gonna be updo... then no :skull:  I like that look too tho. But also the one from the elton john documentary she looks ethereal. 

Edited by Mariano

It's still so bizarre to me that the girls were smashing this year and then Gaga blows in at the end of the year. The straights really eat up her ballads. 
 

Also, I stumbled upon Chris Brown's "She Ain't You" and didn't know he had referenced "Bad Romance". The impact is everywhere, really. :clap3:

Edited by Slayed

4 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Morgan's last single debuted at #1. I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

 

89924.gif

With 245 points with full tracking week, I think we are safe.

If there's an actual announcement coming this week, when are you guys expecting it? Today at our usual countdown time? Midnight? Tomorrow?

8 minutes ago, BlondUnicorn said:

If there's an actual announcement coming this week, when are you guys expecting it? Today at our usual countdown time? Midnight? Tomorrow?

When the clock strikes 00:00 would be pretty cool.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.